2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

Tipp beat the four teams in Munster by 42 points collectively or 10.5/~11 points per game. I thought the penalty was harsh, as was the red card. Even Tipp lads near me agreed. We were closer than the scoreline suggests, add in our 16 wides too.

Well done lads, was delighted to stay for the lap of honour- a lovely touch.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: G@@ on July 14, 2019, 08:31:57 PM
Well done lads, was delighted to stay for the lap of honour- a lovely touch.
If anyone took some video of this please post it. Thanks!  :D
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: G@@ on July 14, 2019, 08:31:57 PM
Tipp beat the four teams in Munster by 42 points collectively or 10.5/~11 points per game...
I was already fiercely proud of the lads' performance, today, but when I just looked back at Tipp's performance in Munster, before the final, I am even more impressed with our lads!

Cork v. Tipperary (won by 7)

Tipperary (won by 18) v. Waterford

Clare v. Tipperary (won by 13)

Tipperary (won by 4) v. Limerick
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Tony

Fantastic performance Lads, love the attitude of this team. Doing us all very proud. I have to admit, i generally support the footballers more than the hurlers  as I'm with a footballing club, but this bunch of lads has won a lot of support this year, and not only from people inside the county. Neutrals really seem to hope that we'll bridge the gap and become a force in Leinster, too. It's great to see. Credit to all involved.

PS Mossy - that lap of honour was filmed and is here on the laois gaa twitter page: https://twitter.com/CLGLaois?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Mossy Bruce

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

The PRO

Any word on Paudie Maher? I hope he'll walk again some time in the future. Is there a Go FundMe page anywhere?
The bollox.

MasterJ

Really proud today. It is out of the ordinary that the losers do a lap but still wonderful. Kelly man of the match and Tipp and every supporter clapping Laois off. A lot to be proud of.

on the hop

Quote from: The PRO on July 14, 2019, 10:06:46 PM
Any word on Paudie Maher? I hope he'll walk again some time in the future. Is there a Go FundMe page anywhere?
The bollox.
#prayforpaudie

Don Draper

Savagely proud of our boys. As for Tipp, tramps to a man

Giovanni

Harsh sending off. Harsh penalty. Several harsh frees. Being made to play 3 weeks in a row. All Ireland champions Limerick would not have come through that. They don't want the likes of Laois playing at this level. It's a disgrace to be honest.

Despite all this, the lads were well within the handicap on Paddy Power. The courage and class that these lads have shown is off the charts.

Well done to all. Eddie Brennan has really shown the best management skills since Brian Cody. Simply outstanding in every way. Well done to all.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Giovanni on July 15, 2019, 12:13:41 AM
... The courage and class that these lads have shown is off the charts.

Well done to all. Eddie Brennan has really shown the best management skills since Brian Cody. Simply outstanding in every way. Well done to all.
Hear, hear!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Don Draper

Is Paudie Maher ok lads? He took an awful clatter I'd say, the poor owl divil.

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Don Draper on July 15, 2019, 09:45:20 AM

I'd imagine he'll be out for the final !

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: LOVEGAA on July 15, 2019, 10:25:34 AM

Unlikely he'll ever hurl again  I'd say. Career ending injury if I ever saw one.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Chrimtain

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 15, 2019, 10:28:12 AM
Quote from: LOVEGAA on July 15, 2019, 10:25:34 AM
Is Paudie Maher ok lads? He took an awful clatter I’d say, the poor owl divil.
Unlikely he'll ever hurl again  I'd say. Career ending injury if I ever saw one.

No, he'll be back for the Wexford match. They make them tough down in Tipp (so they say themselves, anyway).