Leinster Under 20 Football Championship 2022

Started by SCFC, January 23, 2022, 04:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Think we got a tough enough draw in Kildare. They're usually decent at this level.
Eddie Kinsella in charge again. Played Tipperary during the week and had a very big win. 12 points or so I heard. Were due to play Sligo today. Didn't hear anything about that one.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: SCFC on January 23, 2022, 04:05:39 PM
Think we got a tough enough draw in Kildare. They're usually decent at this level.
Eddie Kinsella in charge again. Played Tipperary during the week and had a very big win. 12 points or so I heard. Were due to play Sligo today. Didn't hear anything about that one.
Drew with Sligo.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Heshs Umpire

Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

The PRO

Spiritof86

Playing Kildare Saturday at 2pm in COE in the Development league .

Helix.

Laois 2:10 Kildare 0:16 in u20 according to Kildare GAA twitter today.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Didn't see the game but from the looks of the team sheet, there's plenty of talent in the forwards. The likes of Rioghan Murphy, Josh O'Brien, Brian Whelan and Paddy Hosey know where the goals are. I'd worry a bit about the backs but hopefully they're up to the task. I'd imagine that's a decent enough result as Kildare are usually strong at underage level.

Butch Cassidy

Good win for Laois away to Meath. Anyone at it?

Spiritof86

Wasn't at it just two injury time points won it us . 1-6 to 0-8.  Good win indeed

Joeythelips

I wasnt at it, my brother was at it, he said "Didn't get a team sheet but the number 5 was excellent!  Quite a small team though"

Chrimtain

Quote from: Joeythelips on February 27, 2022, 06:29:25 PM
I wasnt at it, my brother was at it, he said "Didn't get a team sheet but the number 5 was excellent!  Quite a small team though"

No 5 for Laois? That was Sean Greene of Emo, I think. He's not a small man by any means. He's a good one though.

The PRO

Bit unlucky last night and definitely I'd think unlucky to draw Kildare in the first round.
Hard to see potential future senior footballers in the team to be honest but football is funny like that. Don't think Dylan Kavanagh would have been predicted to be a senior player out of his underage group so who knows? Maybe Sean Greene who I think is a good prospect.

SCFC

Kildare wound up in the All-Ireland final afterwards. it might reflect a bit better on the performance of our lads who certainly seem to have got the worst possible draw in a knockout competition.

Spiritof86

Sean O'Shea from Killeen and Tom Byrne from Dublin who was with Billy Oloughlin back in 2018 with Laois are taking over the U20 with Paul Cahillane as coach / selector .