Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 29, 2021, 12:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smellyball

Quote from: tippmaninlaois on January 11, 2022, 05:53:24 PM
Quote from: Smellyball on January 11, 2022, 09:43:48 AM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on January 09, 2022, 09:54:17 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on January 08, 2022, 06:48:29 PM
Quote from: Smellyball on January 08, 2022, 04:20:16 PM
Shocking result, would be acceptable for hurling... not football.
Can't find any match report or lineup anywhere.

and theres the issue right there

some in the Football Fraternity labouring under the impression that football in the county is better than what it actually is

The Footballers got torn apart by a Division 4 Team today

Thats the level they are at
I read that as it's more acceptable to lose by that margin in hurling than football not the way you did.
Anyway, I really doubt there are very few from the "football fraternity" who think our football team are currently anything other than in a bad way. We've haemorrhaged players from last year's squad and have seen countless lads turn down Sheehan's invite to play. I'll be thrilled if we stay up, beat Wicklow in championship and maybe win a game or two in the second tier championship.
It was a tough day for the lads who are on board yesterday. Not many bright spots. James Finn looks a good addition. And good to see his clubmate Sean Moore playing the full game. The more county football he gets, the better. Mark Barry was good too. He knows where the posts are. Hopefully we'll see a few more faces Wednesday night and also next Saturday.
Yep, thankfully someone's has the brains to realise I was obviously referring to conceding 6 goals and losing by that margin to a traditional hurling county.

Ye Laois boys crack me up

Wexford have more of a recent and historical tradition in football than what Laois has, appearing in all ireland semi final in 2008

It must be nearly the centenary of ye last reaching one soon ?

but you wouldn't have "the brains" to know that either

I guess you'd have tipp down as a "traditional" hurling county too even though we have a much richer recent and historic football past as well

Bottom line

Ye seem to have this misguided notion that ye are more of a football county than Wexford

stop fooling yereselves

Whooooo rich recent history alright, 1 provincial title in 80 odd years didn't realise the 2008 Footballers are all still playing on with their wealth of semi final experience.
Go back to hurling talk, I doubt you'd know a football if it jumped up and bit you on the mickey.

Robbo

He's right. What can we say?
Tipp are ahead of us in football and hurling. We're struggling and need to take stock. Big changes needed.
He's right. You'd wonder why he signed up to these boards just to ridicule and antagonise us but that's his choice I guess.

Hopefully we can get this topic back to the O'Byrne Cup.
There's a thread about the future of laois football where everyone can tell us how shite we are.

Team named on laoistoday.

Big challenge tomorrow. I like that we have pace at 5,7, 10 and 12. Lillis back should help Johnno. Need yo protect our full-back line. Port do it so well. Leave our inside forwards close to goal and hopefully get it to them quickly.

Looking forward to the game.

town1980

What i will look to see is our defensive set up how our inside line defend and track all opposing backs attack,,,getting ball inside is about transitioning we could have 13/14 defending at some stage so it's how we counter and gets lads into position,,,a lot of lads here talk about inside forwards if we play 15 on 15 well I think we a gonner but looking forward to seeing the set time eve

Robbo

Nobody wants to see us play 15v15.
But inside forwards who should be able to score is maybe the one type of footballer we have a few of.

It's the only reason I can see why paddy o's is playing half forward. Let out half forwards go deep then try to break at pace. Paul k is a good kick passer, Lillis and finn  too and if we keep 3 (or at least 2) forwards inside, Barry, evan and Moore will cause some trouble.
It's nothing groundbreaking but it makes a certain sense.

Jd

Is Gary Saunders from Portlaoise on the radar at all for Co panel. I know he didn't commit for a few years but he's a really good defender

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Smellyball on January 11, 2022, 07:10:37 PM

and theres the issue right there

some in the Football Fraternity labouring under the impression that football in the county is better than what it actually is

I read that as it's more acceptable to lose by that margin in hurling than football not the way you did.
Anyway, I really doubt there are very few from the "football fraternity" who think our football team are currently anything other than in a bad way. We've haemorrhaged players from last year's squad and have seen countless lads turn down Sheehan's invite to play. I'll be thrilled if we stay up, beat Wicklow in championship and maybe win a game or two in the second tier championship.
It was a tough day for the lads who are on board yesterday. Not many bright spots. James Finn looks a good addition. And good to see his clubmate Sean Moore playing the full game. The more county football he gets, the better. Mark Barry was good too. He knows where the posts are. Hopefully we'll see a few more faces Wednesday night and also next Saturday.
Yep, thankfully someone's has the brains to realise I was obviously referring to conceding 6 goals and losing by that margin to a traditional hurling county.

Wexford have more of a recent and historical tradition in football than what Laois has, appearing in all ireland semi final in 2008

I guess you'd have tipp down as a "traditional" hurling county too even though we have a much richer recent and historic football past as well

Bottom line

Ye seem to have this misguided notion that ye are more of a football county than Wexford

stop fooling yereselves

Whooooo rich recent history alright, 1 provincial title in 80 odd years didn't realise the 2008 Footballers are all still playing on with their wealth of semi final experience.
Go back to hurling talk, I doubt you'd know a football if it jumped up and bit you on the mickey.

Even as late as yesterday

Wexford proving it has a richer footballing pedigree than Laois

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/01/11/defeat-for-portlaoise-cbs-in-gorey-as-south-leinster-campaign-comes-to-an-end/

Spiritof86

Mark Barry with 3 points after coming on in the second half last night for DCU . Probably out sharpest forward at the moment .

portlaoisekid

Quote from: tippmaninlaois on January 12, 2022, 11:02:31 AM

Bottom line

stop fooling yereselves

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/01/11/defeat-for-portlaoise-cbs-in-gorey-as-south-leinster-campaign-comes-to-an-end/

For a person that thinks Laois are so pathetic in every way you spend an awful lot of time on this page fishing....you have little to worry about...

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: portlaoisekid on January 12, 2022, 11:42:14 AM
Quote from: tippmaninlaois on January 12, 2022, 11:02:31 AM

Bottom line

stop fooling yereselves

For a person that thinks Laois are so pathetic in every way you spend an awful lot of time on this page fishing....you have little to worry about...

I don't

But ye should

Biggest boys school in the county

Getting whipped by 20 points

In the B

And not even a full Leinster competition

By a Wexford school

Any proper GAA county would have serious alarm bells ringing as it's not a once off there either

The PRO

Ah look, we get it at this stage tippmaninlaois. You have a low opinion of the standards of the GAA in Laois and you think our senior hurling clubs aren't up to much. That's grand. Most of us are realistic about where things are at. Maybe just give us a rest?

Jd

Just ignore his posts from now and deprive him of any  argument

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Good win tonight for Laois beating Meath by 6 points.
Tipmaninlaois, I think you should worry about your own footballers, they were given the mother of all beatings tonight by Kerry.. 😝
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laois man

Good win tonight hope all the people who were giving out about Billy and his team about Saturday result were there tonight to support there County👍

town1980

Absolutely freezing did ok tried v hard I'm sure there happy to get the result to keep us all an bay I'm too cold at the minute to write what I think