Leinster Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 28, 2021, 11:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Spiritof86 on April 21, 2022, 12:10:11 PM
Would agree would most of the team. Alan Farrell will be challenging for the half back position with Kavanagh . Paul Kingston will also be involved at some stage I would imagine . Heard he's going well . Very wary of this match .

Indeed. I forgot Farrell and his clubmate Fennessy who both could do a job on the half back line. It would be brilliant if Paul Kingston could play a part. He looked really good in the early rounds of the O'Byrne Cup.

Robbo

Matthew Byron; Trevor Collins, Mark Timmons, Alex Mohan; Dylan Kavanagh, John O'Loughlin, Brian Byrne; Kieran Lillis, Sean O'Flynn; Danny O'Reilly, Eoin Lowry, Paddy O'Sullivan; Mark Barry, Evan O'Carroll, Gary Walsh.

Best of luck to everyone. Jesus we could do with some positivity.
Any kind of win would do.

Hope we have worked on a way of getting bodies back to defend but actually pressurise the ball. Dicey and Paddy on the wings will cover ground but don't want them sitting protecting space.

Hopefully we'll have James finn and Paul Kingston to call on late in the game. If we could start well and get ahead then there kick passing would open up a defence who might have to commit a few extra bodies back.

Imagine itll be a lowish scoring game. If any 2 of our inside forwards have a big game then we should get to 14/15 points. That might be enough if we can keep goals out at the other end.

Wicklow seem to have decent youngsters coming through. Probably too early for there to be expectations that they'll beat us but I'm sure they'll be confident

Andy06

Jesus we have hit a new low. As bad as getting taught a lesson by Longford is we are now beat out the gate at half time by Wicklow.

Gmac

Quote from: Robbo on April 23, 2022, 08:40:27 AM
Matthew Byron; Trevor Collins, Mark Timmons, Alex Mohan; Dylan Kavanagh, John O'Loughlin, Brian Byrne; Kieran Lillis, Sean O'Flynn; Danny O'Reilly, Eoin Lowry, Paddy O'Sullivan; Mark Barry, Evan O'Carroll, Gary Walsh.

Best of luck to everyone. Jesus we could do with some positivity.
Any kind of win would do.

Hope we have worked on a way of getting bodies back to defend but actually pressurise the ball. Dicey and Paddy on the wings will cover ground but don't want them sitting protecting space.

Hopefully we'll have James finn and Paul Kingston to call on late in the game. If we could start well and get ahead then there kick passing would open up a defence who might have to commit a few extra bodies back.

Imagine itll be a lowish scoring game. If any 2 of our inside forwards have a big game then we should get to 14/15 points. That might be enough if we can keep goals out at the other end.

Wicklow seem to have decent youngsters coming through. Probably too early for there to be expectations that they'll beat us but I'm sure they'll be confident
Laois concede 3-11 in first half against Wicklow ,wow

Joeythelips

4-12 to 2-5 currently, no disrespect to Wicklow but this may be one of worst championship defeats (bar some kind of miracle comeback) that I can ever remember, and im in my forties. A sad day.

Gmac

Quote from: Joeythelips on April 24, 2022, 04:37:23 PM
4-12 to 2-5 currently, no disrespect to Wicklow but this may be one of worst championship defeats (bar some kind of miracle comeback) that I can ever remember, and im in my forties. A sad day.
same age myself and can't remember anything remotely this bad  other than last year's hammering by Westmeath.

Joeythelips

Quote from: Gmac on April 24, 2022, 04:41:11 PM
Quote from: Joeythelips on April 24, 2022, 04:37:23 PM
same age myself and can't remember anything remotely this bad  other than last year's hammering by Westmeath.

At least it was a good Westmeath side who competed in division 2, this is simply another level of embarrassment I'm afraid.

High Fielder

All time low. Shocking stuff. County Board please resign

bluespower

Laois 4 Sam

Laois peaked too early during the o'Byrne cup

Man oh man with things been this bad we are best to go out now and put everyone out of their misery.

Tough days to be a Laois GAA supporter.

SCFC

Let the lads back to their clubs for a few weeks please Billy. Anything else is a waste of their time.

High Fielder

This isn't Billy's fault. This has been years in the making and will take years to repair. There are a million and one things wrong in the county and we just can't swallow the truth. The next age group will be better. Maybe the one after that. Maybe if we get this lad in. Or yer man. None of it is working and the only constant is a stale county board with no ideas and no interest beyond serving their own egos. In the name of God, do the decent thing and clear off. It can't get any worse than this

Ciarrai_thuaidh

I couldn't believe when I saw Billy Sheehan being appointed manager of a Senior county team and sadly, as I expected, it has not gone well. I didn't come here to heap misery on, it's not good to see a good football county like Laois languishing. I just hope the board have the balls up there to realise after 1 year they have made a colossal error and appoint some people who can sort it out.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

High Fielder

Nobody can sort it out. No one person. Billy got the job because he wanted it. Simple as. We had a good coach and we fucked that up. Our players are just not good enough either. A different coach is not the difference between us being good or not. We have serious structural problems in the county and a complete overhaul is needed.

By the way, no disrespect to Wicklow whatsoever. They did what they had to do and fair play to them. They spotted our obvious weaknesses and exposed them

Chrimtain

It's not all his fault by any means, but Billy can't stay on.

I wish there was some way of clearing out the county board as well.

High Fielder

Everyone wanted Conway involved and he is. Do we get rid of him too? Let's face facts here. A lot of lads don't want to be involved and most that do aren't good enough. Changing the personnel on the sideline is not working and those who were doing a good job wanted more from the county board and were refused. If the county board resigned en masse, it would be a more positive move than sacking Billy in my opinion. We take a beating most years and Billy was nowhere near the place.