The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

And Robby I could comment on your post but my reports are totally different than what you say from the inside line 😜

High Fielder

Quote from: town1980 on October 14, 2021, 10:58:19 PM
So I'm talking scutter? I said he is a brilliant club footballer but he is not an inter county footballer I stand by that , what age is he ? John surgu thought  the same sob did Mike quirke so what are you on about high fielder get sick if you want it's all about facts he is not an inter county player no more than ten other good club footballers take your club hat off crusty 🥸😎

At least you weren't stupid enough to tell me who is better than him. Maybe there's hope for you after all

Robbo

Quote from: town1980 on October 14, 2021, 11:00:12 PM
And Robby I could comment on your post but my reports are totally different than what you say from the inside line 😜

I could comment.....
But I will anyway.  ::)

Your "reports" are a load of shite but then you know that yourself. We all do.

town1980

theres a big differance in club football and a county footballer  which in the laois the senior championship is very average as we all know ,,if he is 24/25 he has been tried and tested by previous managers ,,,im not saying i dont rate him of course i do but as a serious club player i dont think he is up to intercounty again only my opinion and previous managers obviously didnt think what i said is a load of scutter  :)

High Fielder

It's scutter because you know there are no better alternatives. Therefore, if Sean Moore is not good enough, neither is anyone else. Yet every time his name is mentioned, it seems fashionable to say nah, not up to it. But here's the rub, neither is anyone else. So in the absence of anyone better to score as much as he does he either a) deserves his chance or b) left the f**k alone by stooks like you who even slate their own clubmen.

town1980

lad get a cuppa coffee there im definetly not slating the chap jesus far from it if stating i dont think he is up to inter county and has been tried before by seperate matters irks you well im sorry its a gaa forum and again its only my OPINION so calm down  :D,, let billy obviously bring him in if he makes it ill be delighted but again i dont think he will thats all,when he picks his championship team sure this lil argument will be answered ,now go enjoy your day i hope it gets better for you  :o

High Fielder

Go on then. Give your full forward line for Laois. At least show us who's going to kick us out of Division 3. You with all your opinions should at least be able to show us that

portlaoisekid

This craic of lads being good club footballers but not being inter county amuses me.Do we really think we have a ready made panel of inter county lads in this county and we can disregard good club footballers?

Laois have to pick the best players we have in the county regardless of whether they are inter county standard or not . For a county like Laois its always about the mgt team making the team better than the sum of it parts as we dont have a panel full of inter county standard footballers, thats not slating anyone but its just fact that some lads we will have to play are not top class inter county footballers but they are the best we have to pick from.

Sean Moore is without doubt deserving of a place on the panel, he is different to anything else we have. Maybe not for winter football but as someone said earlier the hard ground of summer will be great for him.

Giovanni

I stand to be corrected on this but I think Sean Moore is far from "tried and tested" for Laois. If I'm not wrong he got 2 or 3 O Byrne cup matches 3 or 4 years ago and that was it. At that time, I thought it was reasonable to allow the lad to develop but he definitely deserves a proper chance at this stage.

town1980

ah sure ill go with,Evan o carroll ,mark barry and colm murphy but again no management now plays 15 on 15 ,if donie kingston is fit training well you would still have him there also,,i think yee are making out i dont like him as a footballer thats further from the truth and yes there is a hell of a differance between a good club footballer and an inter county player ,the county player does it for both sides he dominates a club championship then he goes along and consistantly makes the inter county scene whilst putting in good performances so there is a hell of a differance and them 4 lads ive mentioned all have on there day done that ,,what im saying is previous management some of them didnt even have the fella on the panels even ,am i wrong ???if he comes along this year and does make the first team i will be thrilled but i just dont think it will happen thats all

High Fielder

I won't get caught in the same trap as you, approving or disapproving of players. Suffice to say, if we had ANY players better than Sean Moore, we wouldn't be in Division 3. There's a clean slate there now and nobody has done enough up to now to have an automatic pick. Please avoid singling out players for your meaningless disapproval. It really only highlights your ignorance rather than their shortcomings

GAABoardMod5

Right lads, time for this to stop.

Next poster that mentions Sean Moore before the county panel is named or quoting a newspaper or such reasonable source will get a warning.

It's hard enough keeping the inter-County feuds in line, I'm not sure I'm up to track the rights and wrongs of opinions from posters within the same county.

So drop it...ok?

Pugwash

Define the term "not upto inter county football" especially when you're a county like Laois who are currently devoid of top talent?

Can we say these guys are inter county class if we played Wicklow tomorrow and beat them by 10 points or do we simply just look at what Dublin, Tyrone, Kerry, Mayo etc produce and say "ah none of our lads are upto it" ?

Personally speaking, you could probably look to the likes of Lillis, O'Loughlin, Begley, Kingston and Timmons (plus a few more) when speaking about the the rest of the panel, you would say most are good to very good club footballers who you could probably replace fairly comfortably on a Laois panel with relative ease, but bringing in Player "A" and not selecting Player "B" isn't going to be the winning or losing of an All Ireland Final in our situation is it?

At the same time if we were only going to pick players who we feel could offer something to a counties set up that was much stronger than our own, we wouldn't be able to field a team I'd imagine. So perspective is needed!

The real issue is that there needs to be a huge cull amongst the Laois senior set up, its time for the older heads to step aside and fill the panel with young players and if we end up in Division 4 so be it? Sometimes you need to take a few steps back for the long term betterment and development of a team in the hope of long term success.

We all know as of right now, the most important thing for Laois is to focus on our underage teams, getting them competitive again and challenging for top honors in Leinster first and then beyond. We see it allover the country, club teams shelling out 10k/20k per year on a manager yet underage teams struggle for basic training equipment. This blatant short-termism with no plan is a recipe for disaster and we've ben neglecting our underage structure for years! 

I would say the same thing about the Laois senior football team right now, let them enter a transition period and so what we spend another few years in the doldrums, but if we pooled most of our resources into coaching structures, underage teams, development officers etc who's to say we won't become the next Monaghan or Roscommon in time?

town1980

No bother and there was no offence meant on my behalf at all best of luck to new management team

High Fielder

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on October 15, 2021, 07:18:47 PM
Right lads, time for this to stop.

Next poster that mentions Sean Moore before the county panel is named or quoting a newspaper or such reasonable source will get a warning.

It's hard enough keeping the inter-County feuds in line, I'm not sure I'm up to track the rights and wrongs of opinions from posters within the same county.

So drop it...ok?

No argument from me