Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 20, 2018, 12:31:03 PM
In fairness to the CCC they've produced a detailed fixture report last week which is honest enough to point out where improvements can be made. This is the first year of the the new fixture programme where by the All Ireland is pulled forward to the start of Sept and super 8s. This means that Tyrone has games almost on a weekly basis in July and August. There is an inevitability that the season will stall. However it looks like they may try and have the starred games in the summer and a more staggered approach to league games earlier in the year. At the very least they are keen to improve the delivery of fixtures and must be applauded for that.

Re Double Ds claim "How many reserve games were not olayed this season from top to bottom this season. Must be the highest I remember." Division 2 and 3 played more games in the reserve league than any of the last 5 years. Division 1 was slightly down on last year but the 3rd most of the last 5 years, so the original claim wasn't accurate.

Away with you and your facts.

deadman

Quote from: Delegater on November 20, 2018, 12:38:18 PM
Very fortunate with favourable weather this year too. I have seen worse years for fixtures.

Id rather be playing late into the autumn than doing pre season field work three times a week like some Armagh clubs are doing!

Any rumours of Tyrone clubs beginning their pre-seasons yet?

Eastie

Quote from: TheProfessor on November 19, 2018, 04:44:28 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on November 19, 2018, 03:38:17 PM
Quote from: TheProfessor on November 19, 2018, 03:00:15 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 19, 2018, 02:20:28 PM
Quote from: TheProfessor on November 19, 2018, 01:55:47 PM
Aghyaran v dungannon replay set for Sunday.  Mcnulty getting married on friday. Very little talk of the drawn game on here, anyone at it?

Yes I was at it, Dungannon bossed the 1st half but didn't make that dominance count.  Horribly low scoring.  Aghyaran would have thought the game was up before the equaliser.  Hard to know who to fancy next day out.  Wasn't aware McNulty was getting Married this week.  That wedding already cost them a championship maybe cost them league promotion as well

I'm sure when he booked his wedding he thought the league would be long over. Extra time could have been played on saturday also

Wasn't at it but heard it was a shocking poor standard. Nerves, weather conditions etc can all play a part so no real surprise given the prize at stake. Has Ronan McHugh done cruciate again? If he has then Clarkes will prevail. Clarkes have a lot of good players coming through in fairness

Heard he's injured, is mcnamee still going to be in the country?  Clarkes very impressive against Gortin and loughmacrory

Cruciate so it seems. Seen the Clarkes against Lough and thought they would put it up to the yarn instead of Pomeroy who had been out the night before. Seem to be a very young team but have a good mix of players which have won a championship including P.Nulty. Unfortunately for them the weddings on the same weekend at the replay. Think they have competed well at minor level now for a few years and showing now.

Eastie

Quote from: deadman on November 20, 2018, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: Delegater on November 20, 2018, 12:38:18 PM
Very fortunate with favourable weather this year too. I have seen worse years for fixtures.

Id rather be playing late into the autumn than doing pre season field work three times a week like some Armagh clubs are doing!

Any rumours of Tyrone clubs beginning their pre-seasons yet?

Heard Galbally are starting soon, they will look to push to get back up next year

GlenMan

Three options from CCC to go to Clubs at a meeting on Thursday night.

Option 1:
•3 starred games to be held for the months of July & August
•Introduction of a 3rd competition to be played without county players

•Option 2:
•5 leagues
•League 1A & 1B. 10 teams in each league with 9 starred games and 9 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away
•League 2A & 2B. 10 teams in each league with 9 starred games and 9 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away
•League 3. 9 teams with 8 starred games and 8 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away.
•3 championships (As per current system)
•Senior - sen & int winners plus 14 highest league finishers
•Inter - Junior winners plus next 15 league places.
•Junior - all other teams.

Option 3:
•4 leagues
•League 1A & 1B. 12 teams in each league with 11 starred games and 11 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away
•League 2. 12 teams in each league with 11 starred games and 11 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away
•League 3. 13 teams with 12 starred games and 12 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away.
•3 championships

Double D

Quote from: LeoMc on November 20, 2018, 12:39:21 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 20, 2018, 12:31:03 PM
In fairness to the CCC they've produced a detailed fixture report last week which is honest enough to point out where improvements can be made. This is the first year of the the new fixture programme where by the All Ireland is pulled forward to the start of Sept and super 8s. This means that Tyrone has games almost on a weekly basis in July and August. There is an inevitability that the season will stall. However it looks like they may try and have the starred games in the summer and a more staggered approach to league games earlier in the year. At the very least they are keen to improve the delivery of fixtures and must be applauded for that.

Re Double Ds claim "How many reserve games were not olayed this season from top to bottom this season. Must be the highest I remember." Division 2 and 3 played more games in the reserve league than any of the last 5 years. Division 1 was slightly down on last year but the 3rd most of the last 5 years, so the original claim wasn't accurate.

Away with you and your facts.

Yes the facts hace proven my claim wrong, i was working on speculation, as i actually did think the number of reserve games was down on previous years, but ive been proven wrong by Norf so i will take my beating on that side of my argument. But i also remember a few senior trams failing to travel across all divisions too? That's hardly a great endorsement of how the fixtures were run or handled. Still believe the club player in Tyrone is handled and treated poorly by the TCB

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GlenMan on November 20, 2018, 05:03:51 PM
Three options from CCC to go to Clubs at a meeting on Thursday night.

Option 1:
•3 starred games to be held for the months of July & August
•Introduction of a 3rd competition to be played without county players

•Option 2:
•5 leagues
•League 1A & 1B. 10 teams in each league with 9 starred games and 9 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away
•League 2A & 2B. 10 teams in each league with 9 starred games and 9 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away
•League 3. 9 teams with 8 starred games and 8 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away.
•3 championships (As per current system)

Option 3:
•4 leagues
•League 1A & 1B. 12 teams in each league with 11 starred games and 11 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away
•League 2. 12 teams in each league with 11 starred games and 11 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away
•League 3. 13 teams with 12 starred games and 12 non-starred games. Each team would play every team twice home & away.
•3 championships
If the CCC had of kept 3 starred games for the period of July and August this year the fixtures would have been near perfectly run off. If they do this going forward I can't see to many people having complaints. Tyrone qualifying for the super 8s is a bare minimum expected at the minute, so this seems most logical.

youhavenofans

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 20, 2018, 09:43:23 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on November 20, 2018, 05:03:51 PM
Three options from CCC to go to Clubs at a meeting on Thursday night. <snip>
I'd go for option 2. I'd also add to it a few more suggestions...

* Forget about calling them 1A/1B/2A/2B/3 and just call them 1/2/3/4/5.

* Automatic two-up two down promotion & relegation from each division, with an additional play-off between 8th placed team in higher division & 3rd placed team in lower division at a neutral venue.

* Other than the above interdivisional play-off, no other playoff games to be scheduled unless they are required as laid out in the GAA's Official Guide to determine final league positioning (as is currently the case) where it is needed for promotion/relegation or championship grading for the following season. The team that finishes top of the division are declared the winners.

* Failure to fulfil a league fixture shall have a team deducted two points on the first offence that season. A second or subsequent offence shall see a further three point deduction on each occasion.

* Determining the championship grade for the following season as set out, except that the 10th place team in Division 1(1A) shall play in the Intermediate championship the following season, and the 10th place team in Division 3(2A) shall play in the Junior championship the following season - an exception will be if either such team win the Senior or Intermediate championship the same season they finish 10th in their division.

* Have in each division a straight knockout league cup. Rounds are preliminary (two ties in all divisions except one tie in division 5), quarter, semi and final. All games to be played to a finish on the day i.e. extra time & free-kick shoot-out if required. Neutral venue only for each division final. Prem round ties to be played weekend before league starts or some time around that period, quarter finals played on the same weekend the Tyrone senior football team play their first game in the Ulster SFC, semis where possible be played before July holiday break.

* Introduce the new league/championship scheme in 2020, with league & championship placings determined by 2019 league & championship finishing. Note that 2019 final league positions exclude championship winners (so 15th in Divisions 1&2 are bottom and 16th in Division 3).

New Division 1 - 2019 SFC winners & 1st - 9th place in 2019 Division 1. (10)
New Division 2 - 2019 IFC winners & 10th - 14th place in 2019 Division 1 & 1st - 4th in 2019 Division 2. (10)
New Division 3 - 2019 JFC winners & 15th in 2019 Division 1 & 5th - 11th in 2019 Division 2 & 1st in 2019 Division 3. (10)
New Division 4 - 12th - 14th in 2019 Division 2 & 2nd - 8th in 2019 Division 3. (10)
New Division 5 - 15th in 2019 Division 2 & 9th - 16th in 2019 Division 3. (9)

By having the bottom placed teams in the 2019 League divisions 1 & 2 be subject to a lower division for 2020 than the teams that finish above them, it'll help teams in the 2019 league that suffer a bad start after the first few rounds still focus on not finishing bottom rather than giving up early on.

SFC 2020: 2019 SFC & IFC winners & 1st - 13th place in 2019 Division 1 & 1st in 2019 Division 2. (16)
IFC 2020: 2019 JFC winners & 14th - 15th in 2019 Division 1 & 2nd - 13th in 2019 Division 2 & 1st in 2019 Division 3. (16)
JFC 2020: 14th - 15th in 2019 Division 2 & 2nd - 16th in 2019 Division 3. (17)

Even if option 2 doesn't become the consensus, I'd still reckon the points deduction for forfeiting games and the league cup suggestion are worthy of broader consideration.

No movement on this last night, from the meeting they seemed to be making it up as they go along and Eunan isn't sure on what he wants.

Trillick were big against it.

blewuporstuffed

I would be inclined to go for option 1 , but forget about the additional competition.
I honestly think there is enough games over the course of a season, its just the 'feast or famine' structure and the uncertainty that annoys players.
no games at all for 10 weeks last year was the  real gripe.
if they have kept some of the starred games , it would have been better to play 1 game every other weekend throughout the whole summer, have them consistently spread out and at least players would eb aware of what weekends are likley to be 'free'

I would also consider moving the holiday break to the first two weeks in August rather than July as it is more likley to coincide with the super 8 period when there will be no club games anyway.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GlenMan

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 23, 2018, 10:14:11 AM
I would be inclined to go for option 1 , but forget about the additional competition.
I honestly think there is enough games over the course of a season, its just the 'feast or famine' structure and the uncertainty that annoys players.
no games at all for 10 weeks last year was the  real gripe.
if they have kept some of the starred games , it would have been better to play 1 game every other weekend throughout the whole summer, have them consistently spread out and at least players would eb aware of what weekends are likley to be 'free'

I would also consider moving the holiday break to the first two weeks in August rather than July as it is more likley to coincide with the super 8 period when there will be no club games anyway.

Telling people to go on their Holidays instead of going to support Tyrone in the Super 8's wouldn't go down well!

Tyrone Gaa

Dungannon earn their place in Division 1 next season, a young side that are on the up. Be interesting to see what they will bring. Good luck to Aghyaran in Division 2 still think Killyclogher had a major say in their relegation.
Living the dream!!!

TheProfessor

Great win for the Clarke's today. All worked out well in the end for mcnulty and he scored the Clarke's last point to seal the win.

Norf Tyrone

6 new sides in Div 2 next year as Beragh went up and Aghyaran went down via play offs. Must be the biggest change since it went to 3 x 16s? I guess!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TyroneOnlooker

Fair play to the clarkes getting promotion via the scenic route.

Tyrone club football finally finishes on 25th November, with most clubs out again at the beginning to mid January, there doesn't be much of an off-season.

Mikhailov

Quote from: TheProfessor on November 25, 2018, 07:28:55 PM
Great win for the Clarke's today. All worked out well in the end for mcnulty and he scored the Clarke's last point to seal the win.

Was McHugh playing? Would have been a massive miss for Aghyaran if he wasn't - worth 4/5 points at least. If the Clarkes can survive for a few seasons then they could mount a challenge as they have serious amount of good young players coming through from minor level this past few seasons....big if however.