Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2020, 08:09:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2020, 07:46:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2020, 07:39:23 PM
Is the peadar Hefron who is manager of St. Paul's the Creggan fella who got hurt in the bomb?

St Paul's Holywood? Or Shaws Rd?

Hollywood

Yes , paedar  and paddy hannigan in charge in Holywood.

imtommygunn

Thanks. I was just curious. Good to see him involved.

Bronco

Did he ever receive an apology from Creggan for the way he says they treated him?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bronco on September 22, 2020, 10:42:34 PM
Did he ever receive an apology from Creggan for the way he says they treated him?

I was at a county final one year, you were obviously at it, it was Creggan v Cargin and he was there, I think supporting Creggan. He didn't seem outraged

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bronco

Or to put it another way, you don't know. Thanks anyway, suppose we should be grateful you didn't call anyone a bellend.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2020, 10:50:37 PM

I was at a county final one year, you were obviously at it, it was Creggan v Cargin and he was there, I think supporting Creggan. He didn't seem outraged

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bronco on September 22, 2020, 11:14:19 PM
Or to put it another way, you don't know. Thanks anyway, suppose we should be grateful you didn't call anyone a bellend.

Are you waiting on a Creggan spokesperson coming on?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Points a Good Score

Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2020, 07:58:20 PM
Some stat that when you think about it Points.... thats what you call "a good year for the parish".

Certainly is Bannside when you consider also that Creggan were obviously the opposition to Cargin in the Senior final. Impressive return for the area.

Bronco

That would be ideal,but I'd settle for someone who knows the answer to my question instead of you.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2020, 11:19:31 PM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bronco on September 23, 2020, 08:38:42 AM
That would be ideal,but I'd settle for someone who knows the answer to my question instead of you.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2020, 11:19:31 PM

Its been done already, so if you go back a few hundred pages, you'll get the answer

NAG1

Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2020, 04:41:43 PM
What you see in PG1 at the minute is phase one development. Whenever the club members get their second wind a sustained affort will be made to roll out phase two. The plans for that are adventurous, including a third pitch (or maybe a 4g training pitch) a fully covered stand, and more car parking.

BS what is the story with the road running between the two pitches, granted it is a country lane type road but does it get closed on match days? Just thinking if there was ambition to host big games, this would be a consideration from a H&S point of view and not sure it would go down too well.

bannside

The club can apply to either close the road in between, or turn it into one way traffic to expedite a faster getaway. Always plenty of stewards available too Nag to steward things. The second phase development should leave the club able to cater for larger spectators but that wont be for a few years at least, by which time the new Casement may be under development.

Having said that I dont think there is a huge aspiration amongst club members to start hosting county games. The priority is to build a facility for the next generation in Portglenone and especially to coincide with the emergence of a good conveyor belt of juvenile talent that is currently in development. Its all about them, and thats what has provided the energy to drive our facilities from the start. Its a medium - long term plan to be a big player in Antrim Gaa and beyond.

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Points a Good Score on September 22, 2020, 11:39:19 PM
Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2020, 07:58:20 PM
Some stat that when you think about it Points.... thats what you call "a good year for the parish".

Certainly is Bannside when you consider also that Creggan were obviously the opposition to Cargin in the Senior final. Impressive return for the area.
Money well spent in the SW super parish

Points a Good Score

No money involved in the Minor or Intermediate grades

bannside

I didnt think Peter Doherty took payment for any of the jobs he has done so thats no suprise that Moneyglass Intermediate success was not delivered by a paid manager. Had Gerard Mc Nulty delivered for Creggan (they couldnt have got much closer to be fair) that success would also be cost free too.

bannside

Nor Peters brother Martin Doherty, nor Gerards brother Thomas who were both assistant managers to their brothers.