Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 22, 2022, 10:21:20 PM
I take it United have given up on Mason Greenwood. His trial is a year away.

Is he still drawing a wage for that year?

Armagh18

Quote from: gawa316 on November 22, 2022, 11:38:53 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 22, 2022, 10:35:34 PM
Ronaldo could go down as the biggest legend United ever have if his interview leads to the Glazers selling up...

Is that the reason? They heard him talk about them and just decided it's time?
My comment was tongue in cheek, but I'm sure they weren't too pleased. Don't under estimate how much  commercial power and influence he has, one of the most famous people in the world.

Maroon Manc

I refused to buy at ticket at OT for 17 years but hearing the news the Glazers have put United up for sale is tinged with that comes next. Its slim pickings with no guarantees they'll be any better then the Glazers, just hope whoever it is runs the club competently and has more expertise then the Glazer brothers who's inadequacies came to light once Fergie & Gill left in 2013.

The club will go to the highest bidder, football clubs clearly valued totally different to other businesses; In a season where United play in the CL  they'll make circa £650m and make minimal profits yet there's talks of been sold for 4/5/6/7/8 billion, its madness.

The Glazers no doubt will be hoping a state backed fund will bid for the club, I just think with the figures quoted Jim Ratcliffe will walk away.

Armagh18

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 23, 2022, 09:11:46 AM
I refused to buy at ticket at OT for 17 years but hearing the news the Glazers have put United up for sale is tinged with that comes next. Its slim pickings with no guarantees they'll be any better then the Glazers, just hope whoever it is runs the club competently and has more expertise then the Glazer brothers who's inadequacies came to light once Fergie & Gill left in 2013.

The club will go to the highest bidder, football clubs clearly valued totally different to other businesses; In a season where United play in the CL  they'll make circa £650m and make minimal profits yet there's talks of been sold for 4/5/6/7/8 billion, its madness.

The Glazers no doubt will be hoping a state backed fund will bid for the club, I just think with the figures quoted Jim Ratcliffe will walk away.
Oil money looks most likely. Maybe that Musk fella might take a mad notion?

mouview

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 23, 2022, 09:14:02 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 23, 2022, 09:11:46 AM

Oil money looks most likely. Maybe that Musk fella might take a mad notion?

Given the hames he's making of Twitter, I'd say MU fans wouldn't want him within an Earth's orbit of Old Trafford.

seafoid

The Glazers bought Manure for £790m. 2 years previously the club were champions.

Chelsea was recently sold for £4bn. Manure would be worth something similar.
The last trophy won by the club was in 2017. The last title was 2013. Go figure.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on November 23, 2022, 03:30:25 PM
The Glazers bought Manure for £790m. 2 years previously the club were champions.

The last trophy won by the club was in 2017. The last title was 2013. Go figure.
Good one, did you make that up all on your own?

nrico2006

Dubai royals would be the ones.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

The economic climate, super league collapse and Chelsea sale are the main drivers behind this.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mrdeeds

Chelsea was sold for 2.5 Billion. This is considered way over price as football clubs aren't really profit makers. The extra couple Billion was a commitment to upgrading facilities.

johnnycool

The Glazers bought Manu for SFA, the leveraged loan meant that Man U bought Man U on the never never, the Glazers were never on the hook for a brass farthing.

They bled off Utd like the parasites they are.

Armamike

The collapse of the super league plan is smoking out a few of the owners, like the Glazers and FSG.  It will take someone with very deep pockets to buy a club like Man U these days, especially given the investment we're hearing about that's needed in the stadium and training facilities. Probably one of the oil nations coming in again.  The Glazers will probably hold out for a very high offer so there's no guarantee the club will be sold anytime soon.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armagh18

Rumours of Beckham heading a consortium to buy United. Maybe he's gonna be the face for his Qatari buddies?

Is Ratcliffe a serious option? Could he afford it?

As a United fan I don't particularly care who buys it, as long as they put decent football men in charge of the football side and don't get involved in signings etc themselves.

trailer

This club needs 2billion invested in it.

1b on a new stadium.
500m on training facilities
500m on the team.

Eyewatering.

Turf

Quote from: trailer on November 24, 2022, 10:35:29 AM
This club needs 2billion invested in it.

1b on a new stadium.
500m on training facilities
500m on the team.

Eyewatering.
500mill on training facilities!? Liverpool spent 50mill on a brand new state of the art training centre.