FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on December 21, 2022, 09:44:27 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 20, 2022, 06:32:31 PM
MacAllister just signed a new deal with Brighton before he went to the WC. Clever business by them. You'd think they'll get bids for him and Caicedo in January and could easily make close to £100m.

Martinez is an asshole. Think he was disrespectful to Mbappe too in the changing rooms. A good keeper who had the tournament of a lifetime. Villa could cash in on him and get great money too from a European team,  though he's dodgy with his feet.

As for players off the back of a tournament my heart still breaks over El Hadj Dioff

An absolute w**ker. Mbappe put 4 past him ffs. The guy has no self awareness. That's why he's at Villa. Arteta couldn't stand him.
I'd rather be a w**ker with a world cup medal than a nice fella without one lol. Mbappe made him look shite just a pity his teammates shit the bed.

rodney trotter

The celebrations in Buenos Aires getting out of control. A fan died jumping  onto a roof ,and a 5 year in a coma

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 21, 2022, 09:47:41 AM
MacAllister just signed a new deal with Brighton before he went to the WC. Clever business by them. You'd think they'll get bids for him and Caicedo in January and could easily make close to £100m.

Martinez is an asshole. Think he was disrespectful to Mbappe too in the changing rooms. A good keeper who had the tournament of a lifetime. Villa could cash in on him and get great money too from a European team,  though he's dodgy with his feet.

As for players off the back of a tournament my heart still breaks over El Hadj Dioff

An absolute w**ker. Mbappe put 4 past him ffs. The guy has no self awareness. That's why he's at Villa. Arteta couldn't stand him.
I'd rather be a w**ker with a world cup medal than a nice fella without one lol. Mbappe made him look shite just a pity his teammates shit the bed.

You're half way there anyway... LOL!

ONeill

I don't mind Martinez atall. Pure shithousery but not even on a level he was at during the Copa. Whatever gets you an edge. He knows it could come back to bite him at any stage but doesn't give a fook. I wouldn't have him as my club keeper though.

I think he'd be great in the Tyrone set-up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on December 21, 2022, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 21, 2022, 09:47:41 AM

You're half way there anyway... LOL!
;) ;)

Armamike

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 20, 2022, 07:49:47 PM
France have an excellent squad, but you can see the difference in standards on average just by looking at the individual players representing Morocco, Argentina and Croatia in the semi finals. Its not even comparable to the top club teams.  As Saffrongael stated, it's common sense that clubs with no nationality or financial restrictions will have better sides than most national sides.

There's  also the scenario of players starting on the bigger international teams not being able to get a start with their club side, e.g Richarldson, Maguire and a few others i can't think of right now!
That's just, like your opinion man.

seafoid

It was interesting to see the influence the 2 superstars from the same club team had on the Final. It was like Wales and Denmark but on a higher level.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on December 21, 2022, 11:14:40 AM
I don't mind Martinez atall. Pure shithousery but not even on a level he was at during the Copa. Whatever gets you an edge. He knows it could come back to bite him at any stage but doesn't give a fook. I wouldn't have him as my club keeper though.

I think he'd be great in the Tyrone set-up.

No issues about his on field behaviour. Whatever to ge to be Tyne line and history won't make any reference to it. He is an asshole off the field and that's my issue with him. You don't have to be all mates with opponents but have some respect.

tonto1888

Mbappé lost

trailer

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 21, 2022, 04:04:48 PM

Mbappé lost

France lost.

nrico2006

Quote from: Armamike on December 21, 2022, 11:32:21 AM
France have an excellent squad, but you can see the difference in standards on average just by looking at the individual players representing Morocco, Argentina and Croatia in the semi finals. Its not even comparable to the top club teams.  As Saffrongael stated, it's common sense that clubs with no nationality or financial restrictions will have better sides than most national sides.

There's  also the scenario of players starting on the bigger international teams not being able to get a start with their club side, e.g Richarldson, Maguire and a few others i can't think of right now!

The same with most countries, Griezeman hasn't played much at Madrid and Giroud wouldn't be starting at most big club sides. Go through almost of the world cup teams and you will see there are lots of players who wouldn't be leading lights with top teams.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 21, 2022, 05:07:55 PM
Quote from: Armamike on December 21, 2022, 11:32:21 AM

The same with most countries, Griezeman hasn't played much at Madrid and Giroud wouldn't be starting at most big club sides. Go through almost of the world cup teams and you will see there are lots of players who wouldn't be leading lights with top teams.
And yet he was probably a strong contender for player of the tournament pre final. Seems like a lot of those boys can turn it on when it suits them, theywant to impress at a world cup or they when are looking a new contract.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea