Price of a Pint

Started by toby47, October 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Taking the piss now. Their greed will finish them, and then what will that w**ker Colin Neill say?

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 04, 2022, 08:43:14 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on July 04, 2022, 08:41:20 PM
Was in Dublin couple of weeks ago and it's similar to Belfast

Was in Dublin 2 beers and club sandwich (room service) €52
Yep, if compare Dublin hotel prices to Belfast pub prices, Belfast will be cheaper. Well done!

I don't know what Temple Bar prices but have heard that you could pay up to €7 if you picked the 'right' spot. But otherwise dearest place in Dublin is around Grafton St and Baggot st areas, where I do frequent and  Guinness ranges from around €5.50 to €6.50, averaging at about €6 in my experience. Going solely on this thread that seems to compare favourbly to similar Belfast pubs.

Of course if you enjoy being ripped off like MR, there are plenty of hotels willing to oblige!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on July 05, 2022, 08:04:43 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 04, 2022, 08:43:14 PM

Was in Dublin 2 beers and club sandwich (room service) €52
Yep, if compare Dublin hotel prices to Belfast pub prices, Belfast will be cheaper. Well done!

I don't know what Temple Bar prices but have heard that you could pay up to €7 if you picked the 'right' spot. But otherwise dearest place in Dublin is around Grafton St and Baggot st areas, where I do frequent and  Guinness ranges from around €5.50 to €6.50, averaging at about €6 in my experience. Going solely on this thread that seems to compare favourbly to similar Belfast pubs.

Of course if you enjoy being ripped off like MR, there are plenty of hotels willing to oblige!

I can only give you experience of what was charged. These are Dublin hotel prices, at no point am I saying Belfast isn't expensive I also posted what I paid in Donegal at the weekend for a meal for 6 with a double round and two other drinks (14 drinks) €144 that was great value
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

The key point is that those prices in Dublin haven't changed much in the guts of 20 years.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on July 05, 2022, 09:25:31 AM

The key point is that those prices in Dublin haven't changed much in the guts of 20 years.

Which is great... was in our club last week, £3.15
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Here we go

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-62644653

A group of Northern Ireland trade organisations have published an action plan aimed at tackling the crisis in the cost of doing business.

The 15 industry bodies said a "perfect storm" was causing devastation for the retail and hospitality sectors.

Businesses are seeing a fall in trade and customers, as a knock-on effect of the cost-of-living emergency....

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Franko on August 23, 2022, 01:41:35 PM
Here we go

A group of Northern Ireland trade organisations have published an action plan aimed at tackling the crisis in the cost of doing business.

The 15 industry bodies said a "perfect storm" was causing devastation for the retail and hospitality sectors.

Businesses are seeing a fall in trade and customers, as a knock-on effect of the cost-of-living emergency....

When it comes the price of a pint I'd be VERY surprised if the price came down if all these measures were introduced.

Franko

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 23, 2022, 01:45:59 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 23, 2022, 01:41:35 PM
Here we go

When it comes the price of a pint I'd be VERY surprised if the price came down if all these measures were introduced.

When it comes to the larger groups here - you can be absolutely certain it will not

Over the past few years they've demonstrated that they will gouge punters to the absolute maximum amount possible at every opportunity

This brazen profiteering when times were good should not be forgotten

Milltown Row2

We'd all love to be paying less tax and get benefits during this period of inflation, but looks like I'll be down a few quid when I'm out!

MK

Heineken  pints up by up to 50c from Dec 1st.....which includes Coors,Bierra Moretti and Orchard Thieves.

Happy Christmas from Heineken.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

7 quid in Belfast for a pint , not good

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2022, 08:22:24 PM
Was in Belfast yesterday, Garrick pub, place was jammed packed inside out the back upstairs and outside. 3 Guinness 2 Harp £27 quid, thought that was reasonable

Is that an average price you found or Grand Central  bar?

mrdeeds

How much is a pint in Paris?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2022, 08:33:39 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2022, 08:22:24 PM
Was in Belfast yesterday, Garrick pub, place was jammed packed inside out the back upstairs and outside. 3 Guinness 2 Harp £27 quid, thought that was reasonable

Is that an average price you found or Grand Central  bar?

I wish . The maldron. Hardly your high end hotel . Too dear. Belfast packed, but shopping not my thing.Couldn't believe amount of people up from Dublin and further down. I suppose you can get from Dublin to Belfast quicker than from Derry these days.

North west getting squeezed to death