The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2019, 10:01:36 PM
Why would I need to defend a Conservative Supreme Court?

Whoever wins the election gets to decide who's on the court

I wouldn't expect you to defend a Liberal court if Hillary had won nor would I expect my Liberal friends to Be wringing their hands or gnashing their teeth either.

Elections have consequences and after Obama's 2 picks having a Republican pick 2/3 is no harm

I think it is a good thing if there is a balance on the court, but based on how disgracefully the Democrats behaved over Kavanaugh I think it would be great Karma if Trump stuck another conservative on the court. They now deserve to be railroaded in my opinion, because it's clear they will stop at absolutely nothing to gain and hold power (exactly like the Republicans)

Did you think that the Republicans behaved disgracefully over Merrick Garland?

whitey

Quote from: dec on January 16, 2019, 10:09:26 PM

I wouldn't expect you to defend a Liberal court if Hillary had won nor would I expect my Liberal friends to Be wringing their hands or gnashing their teeth either.

Elections have consequences and after Obama's 2 picks having a Republican pick 2/3 is no harm

I think it is a good thing if there is a balance on the court, but based on how disgracefully the Democrats behaved over Kavanaugh I think it would be great Karma if Trump stuck another conservative on the court. They now deserve to be railroaded in my opinion, because it's clear they will stop at absolutely nothing to gain and hold power (exactly like the Republicans)

Did you think that the Republicans behaved disgracefully over Merrick Garland?

Yes....and I have said so many times on here.

I'm not a Republican. I'm a conservative who usually votes Republican but I have voted for and donated money to Democrats in the past

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2019, 07:07:06 PM
The President is elected by the "Electoral College". It's one of the questions on the citizenship exam if you haven't taken it yet

Trump won the "Electoral College" vote. The system is the system
Thank you, Whitey. I'm aware of that.

The entirety of Clinton's popular vote victory was garnished from the state of California.
And...? California's a US state, is it not? Why should its votes be worth less than any other state?

The whole point of the EC is that one or a small handful of states wouldn't be able to do dominate the Presidential Election but believe whatever you want

The point of the EC was a sop to slave-owning states who had a hard time with the concept of democracy and who wanted a veto over the majority. The EC is affirmative action for rednecks. The EC, along with partisan gerrymandering, enables the tyranny of minority rule. One Wyoming voter has roughly the same voting power as four New Yorkers. How is that democratic?

Kickham csc

Quote from: heganboy on January 16, 2019, 03:51:53 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 16, 2019, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 16, 2019, 02:03:18 PM
Also the only part that you state as fact is this:

The United States success story is due to the people who inhabited it at the time.
Contrast with Mexico and Central America. Look at the fantastic societies they have built. So good they can't get out fast enough.

Pretty simple to argue with all of those "facts", like the flat Earth.

After that you start with "appears to be" , and "can't wait", both uses of language which are conditional terms and then your own speculation leading to opinion to which you are more than welcome.

So speculate away, spout away, repeat a jumble of incoherent crap that you heard from one racist fear mongering source and claim it as your own malformed opinion, but don't call it fact.

It's not some fear mongering source...it's the liberal beloved CNN.

Fact: http://longisland.news12.com/story/39763068/police-ms13-members-stabbed-classmate-in-huntington-station

Fact: https://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/21/americas/mexico-bodies-bridge/index.html

I await your apology.

I know you are struggling with the concept here- but as far as your own post goes- you are now pointing to news stories that support your speculation of what may happen in the future.

The facts that you pointed to were :
The United States success story is due to the people who inhabited it at the time.
Contrast with Mexico and Central America. Look at the fantastic societies they have built. So good they can't get out fast enough.

so again without an apology

Quotespout away, repeat a jumble of incoherent crap that you heard from one racist fear mongering source and claim it as your own malformed opinion, but don't call it fact.

I would say that America's success is down to immigrants, who showed initiative when deciding to leave their home country, who continued using that initiative to make it in the new country.

Self starters

J70

You don't have to defend anything if you don't want to.

I'm simply looking for a conservative opinion on why a conservative Supreme Court is a good thing. You've stated on multiple occasions how conservative Supreme Court nominations excite you and are one of the reasons you are happy Trump is there despite your otherwise overall opposition to him. Yet now you appear incapable of offering any opinion on why you would be happy, beyond the "making liberal heads explode" horseshit.

But anyway, I'll drop it.

whitey

An extreme court is a bad thing....whether its extreme left or extreme right

From what I have seen each side paints the others as extremists even when theyre not

FFS if you listened to Democrats in MA, Charlie Baker is an extremist

http://newtondems.org/dems/2017/9/29/charlie-baker-dont-believe-the-hype

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 17, 2019, 01:32:32 AM
An extreme court is a bad thing....whether its extreme left or extreme right

From what I have seen each side paints the others as extremists even when theyre not

FFS if you listened to Democrats in MA, Charlie Baker is an extremist

http://newtondems.org/dems/2017/9/29/charlie-baker-dont-believe-the-hype

You are a gobshite, Whitey

Trump is a project to pauperise people like you.
You bought it

"Trump is good at lying, and creating crisis and spectacle—exactly the qualities for the perfect leader of a Russian United States.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Teri_Kanefield/status/1037730182294061057

https://mobile.twitter.com/Teri_Kanefield/status/1042073352695734272

https://youtu.be/ZJe4NlOjAJo

Teri Kanefield

@Teri_Kanefield
·
Sep 18

15/ Most of this info was available, but the 2016 election coverage was dominated by Her Emails.

Why? Because Americans weren't prepared for Russian style propaganda & disinformation.

And because spreading simple lies is easier than understanding—& talking about—complex crimes.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

heganboy

first of all while I'm a capitalist- not a liberal.
second liberal is not the pejorative term you think it is.

I see that you are struggling with written comprehension of something that you actually put together yourself.

You believe you stated facts about the success of the US, and Central american societies. I called you out saying
Quotespout away, repeat a jumble of incoherent crap that you heard from one racist fear mongering source and claim it as your own malformed opinion, but don't call it fact.

you then speculated on what you see happening in the future- fine - your opinion. You then posted cnn stories backing up your speculation.

now i believe you are seeking an apology from liberals for the last two years- non sequitur
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Dolph1

Bob Menendez (Democrat - New Jersey) hard at work during the shutdown on a lobbyist junket in Puerto Rico.

Caption competition anyone?
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

screenexile

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 17, 2019, 04:55:52 PM
Bob Menendez (Democrat - New Jersey) hard at work during the shutdown on a lobbyist junket in Puerto Rico.

Caption competition anyone?

I don't get it??!!

heganboy

So what you're saying is, Trump owns the government shut down on live TV.  Shutdown into 4th week. US economy suffering. Government workers missing mortgage payments, their credit scores are being destroyed, 30% of affected staff have less than 1 month worth of savings. Trump can't travel anywhere and is losing his shit eating McDonalds in the White House and is being made to look like a spoiled child that lost his Nintendo by Nancy Pelosi (to steal a NY Yankees chant who's your Mammy?)

But you want to pick on the Democrat that went on holiday?

Do you run out of fingers when doing your maths homework?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Dolph1

The ultimate 10 year challenge

What a massive improvement.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

johnnycool

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 18, 2019, 11:57:46 AM
The ultimate 10 year challenge

What a massive improvement.

That must be Donnie's "blue steel" pose;