Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Every trans man thinks they are a woman but they're not. They are men. It is easier on them and all concerned to treat them as men with a defect.

Look at Bruce Jenner. He was the olympic decathalon champion. He had 6 biological kids. I think all of them were models. The man was closer to being king of the heterosexual men than a lady. Something went wrong. He thought he was a woman and a doctor castrated him. This is not a solution it is closer to the final solution. Thinking you are a woman does not make you one. Bruce changed mentally from a man to a woman. He might just have easily changed his mind to change back to a man.

There is no way sex change doctors or doctor who help kids change with hormones should be let near kids

seafoid

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/09/one-50-prisoners-identify-transsexual-first-figures-show-amid/amp/

One in 50 male offenders in prisons are self-identifying as transgender, according to a survey by the official jail watchdog,  amid concerns inmates may be attempting to secure extra perks.

The figure, the first by the watchdog, suggests there are up to 1,500 transgender inmates among the 90,000 prisoners in England and Wales, more than ten times previous estimates, and at least four times the number in the general population.

Among offenders from traveller communities the number self-identifying as transgender or transsexual rose to one in ten inmates, according to the annual report by Peter Clarke, the chief inspector of prisons.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

I wonder if I want to identify as a unicorn or a dragon, could I do it? I'll get toilets all to myself, and more importantly, I'd be able to qualify for DLA.

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2020, 09:07:03 AM
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/09/one-50-prisoners-identify-transsexual-first-figures-show-amid/amp/

One in 50 male offenders in prisons are self-identifying as transgender, according to a survey by the official jail watchdog,  amid concerns inmates may be attempting to secure extra perks.

The figure, the first by the watchdog, suggests there are up to 1,500 transgender inmates among the 90,000 prisoners in England and Wales, more than ten times previous estimates, and at least four times the number in the general population.

Among offenders from traveller communities the number self-identifying as transgender or transsexual rose to one in ten inmates, according to the annual report by Peter Clarke, the chief inspector of prisons.

And this has what relevance

bennydorano

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 09, 2020, 07:15:54 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 08, 2020, 11:42:56 PM
From what I can see (from limited browsing tbh) is 2 main points  he's railing against-
- Some Transgender women posing a danger to 'real' women
- Parents trying to interfere with the gender of their children by introducing chemicals to alter/suppress their hormones.

Does he rail against men being a threat to women or does he limit it to some trans women?
That's probably something you'd have to read up on and decide for yourself tbh. It's the trans thing that he's specifically got a bee in his bonnet about. Womens' safe spaces being eroded etc..

tonto1888

Quote from: bennydorano on May 09, 2020, 09:55:44 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 09, 2020, 07:15:54 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 08, 2020, 11:42:56 PM
From what I can see (from limited browsing tbh) is 2 main points  he's railing against-
- Some Transgender women posing a danger to 'real' women
- Parents trying to interfere with the gender of their children by introducing chemicals to alter/suppress their hormones.

Does he rail against men being a threat to women or does he limit it to some trans women?
That's probably something you'd have to read up on and decide for yourself tbh. It's the trans thing that he's specifically got a bee in his bonnet about. Womens' safe spaces being eroded etc..

Fair point. I would be a supporter of trans rights to be honest. That said I get why some people worry. Having fear mongerers doesn't help. Added to that, the whole parents giving their kids hormone blockers is wrong in my opinion. I do think there should be an age limit on that

gallsman

I also support trans rights. Linehan also supports trans rights.

I don't believe trans rights should extend to anyone with a penis who identifies as a women should have access to single sex spaces for women or, for example, demand nonsense access to gynecological healthcare. I don't believe it's transphobic to say this.

I also don't believe that lesbians who have no interest in being sexually attracted to trans women should be labelled as TERFs or be forced to adopt nonsense language like "genital preference" to avoid offending anyone looking to be offended.

sid waddell

Linehan suppports trans rights in a similar way to how Stephen Yaxley-Lennon supports rights for Muslims.

gallsman

Quote from: sid waddell on May 09, 2020, 04:15:30 PM
Linehan suppports trans rights in a similar way to how Stephen Yaxley-Lennon supports rights for Muslims.

This is a calculated, deliberate attempt to misconstrue his position. Not wanting teenage girls to be exposed to penises is not in any way exclusionary towards trans people. Pointing out that female prisoners have been raped by their trans women cellmates who have demanded to be housed in female jails is not exclusionary towards trans people.

sid waddell

Calling trans activists Nazis and paedophiles is fairly hard to misconstrue. It's also the point at which you completely lose the argument (though Linehan had already long lost it) and reasonable people decide, very reasonably, that you're a f**king imbecile, and completely toxic.

Linehan passed that point a long time ago.

The ego is a strange thing, and a damaged ego is an even stranger thing, a damaged ego of a particular type of "last word merchant" on the internet is even stranger still. It's amazing the lengths people on the internet like Linehan will go to to delude themselves they're right, when they're wrong.

His bleatings now are Gemma O'Doherty-like.

seafoid

So what?

A lot of the trans agenda is dubious.
Calling trans activists Nazis probably comes from his personal experience. Perhaps he should have called them Zionists.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: BennyCake on May 09, 2020, 09:35:01 AM
I wonder if I want to identify as a unicorn or a dragon, could I do it? I'll get toilets all to myself, and more importantly, I'd be able to qualify for DLA.

There's nothing stopping you  :-\

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2020, 07:40:21 PM
So what?

Calling trans activists Nazis probably comes from his personal experience. Perhaps he should have called them Zionists.

What is this trans agenda you speak of? Do trans people sit in a room and come up with agendas? And what about it is dubious?

BennyCake

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 09, 2020, 07:51:50 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 09, 2020, 09:35:01 AM

There's nothing stopping you  :-\

Right so, I'll do just that. And none of youse backstards are using my toilet!

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 09, 2020, 07:59:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2020, 07:40:21 PM
So what?

What is this trans agenda you speak of? Do trans people sit in a room and come up with agendas? And what about it is dubious?

The idea that biological facts are social constructs
The concept of the pregnant man
Hounding feminists