American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

The packers defense has the potential to be good, but also gave up51 points to the Cardinals in last years playoffs. I have a feeling that turnovers will decide this game. Both teams create turnovers. Both offenses will have to keeo it tight and not give away cheap turnovers.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 02, 2011, 06:50:54 PM
The packers defense has the potential to be good, but also gave up51 points to the Cardinals in last years playoffs. I have a feeling that turnovers will decide this game. Both teams create turnovers. Both offenses will have to keeo it tight and not give away cheap turnovers.

Yeah Pat, but the Cardinals with Kurt Warner, Larry Fitz and Anquin Boldin, not the 5-11 2010 Cardinals :) There was also a few injuries on the Packers side that day, and the winning TD was a fumble return for TD.

I hope the pack win, because the Steeler fans in the media would wear you out, but both are classy clubs. I give the edge to the Pack because I like Rogers, I like the fact that the fans own them, and I like the green white and gold :D

Plus Clay Mathews is an animal.

The Real Laoislad

What time will the actual kick off be tonight(rather than TV coverage)  and what time would it be finishing up?
Trying to decide is it worth staying up to watch.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

STREET FIGHTER

Carmen Stateside

I think around 6.30 here.
Tomorrow booked off so it will be of to the bar soon for me.
Packers win would be nice!

thejuice

Packers wear green and gold so should i support them or with the Rooneys in Pittsburgh should I support them?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

clubland

anportmorforjfc

Minder

Hope the Pack win but have a feeling the Steelers will win by 6.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Declan

Will find it hard to cheer for a team that wears green and gold but hope the Packers do it

gallsman

What US Network feeds are Sky and the BBC using? Would prefer to watch whoever is showing the NBC feed for Cris Collinsworth's commentary.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2011, 06:29:02 PM
What time will the actual kick off be tonight(rather than TV coverage)  and what time would it be finishing up?

Its the Superbowl of course its worth staying up for.  :)

I always liked the Steelers and would love to see them win a seventh Superbowl but I wouldn't begrudge the Packers winning their first in 14 years.  That said I fancy the Packers to win by about 10.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on February 06, 2011, 10:17:26 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2011, 06:29:02 PM

Its the Superbowl of course its worth staying up for.  :)

I always liked the Steelers and would love to see them win a seventh Superbowl but I wouldn't begrudge the Packers winning their first in 14 years.  That said I fancy the Packers to win by about 10.

It'll be fascinating to see a couple of things in this game. I reckon Green Bay might decide 'feck the run' very quickly and go with 4 and 5 wides. Let Rogers win the game for them. When the Steelers have the ball, look for Roethlisberger to be under pressure with Pouncey out, but also look for the TEs especially Miller to have good games. The Packers are very good on defense, but the TEs seem to cause them issues. If Roethlisberger is getting a lot of blitzes, you might see a lot of hot reads to slot receivers and TEs. Another thing is screens to Mendenhall, who can catch the ball.

It should be a good game though, and I really don't know what to go for. I'll say if the over/under is 45, and it's over, then the Packers win. Under, and I think the Steelers win.

Declan

Is it my imagination or is the sky commentator Nick so biased towards the Steeleres it's a joke????

AZOffaly

Can't watch him. He's a dick. He is a Steelers fan, and he can't be objective. Mind you I find that to be true of a lot of Steelers fans in the media, Stateside or over this side of the Atlantic. It's a great organisation, and they seem to think that has something to do with them as well.