American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: thejuice on September 26, 2010, 10:29:00 PM
Anyone notice that the guy leading the Skysports fantasy league's name is Sean Boylan, and his team name is Meath.   :)

Great win for the Falcons today, lucky but so what. mike smith's play calling still a bit strange at times but we got the win, beat the champs and are in a good position to win the NFC South as the Bucs and Panthers are looking poor enough.

Should have an easy win next week anyway juice the way things are going :(

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

17-0 down. Nightmare. Fumbles.

ONeill

20-20. 6 mins left.

Last last play saw Rivers throw a TD only for it to be overruled, so he threw another one. Then he threw for a 2-point conversion - got it - overruled - got it again.

Seattle return the punt for a 99-yard TD!

20-27.

ONeill

Still 20-27. 2 mins. Seattle pinned back.

ONeill

Last play probably. Chargers around midfield. First down. 90 seconds.

tyroneman

Feck feck feck, Raiders do everything right then miss a simple FG to win at the death  >:(

ONeill

gawa316

Quote from: tyroneman on September 27, 2010, 12:42:47 AM
Feck feck feck, Raiders do everything right then miss a simple FG to win at the death  >:(

Feck...the one Raiders' player you can usually rely on as well

Puckoon

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on September 26, 2010, 08:45:00 PM
Just for Puck

Nevada ranked in AP Poll for first time since 1948

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100926/ap_on_sp_co_ap_po/fbc_t25_college_fb_poll

Big news in Nevada this weekend for sure. I don't care what AZ says about the Nevada WAC schedule - going into BYU and coming out with a win is a big statement for a smaller school. 4-0 - hopefully no slip ups (especially against Vegas) and thanksgiving weekend in Reno against Boise should be a cracker with both teams perhaps undefeated.

While its nice to have that national ranking - I am sure the team knows it can count for shag all unless you build on it.

magpie seanie

Massive win for da Bears on Monday night. Only 3-0 side in the NFC and a crucial win against a division rival. Still no running game but the D is looking like its old self (even if I lost worried pre-game and changed horses this week in fantasy - luckily it didn't cost me). Brian Urlacher was some loss last season, awesome and Peppers is a huge addition.

Big game next week at NYG. Neither team will be able to run the ball in that one either so should be a contest between Culter and Manning and the opposing defenses.

The Iceman

I'm neither a GB or Bears fan but frig it was a great game to watch. Have some mates flying over later this year to go to the Bears Vikings (think its nov) in Chicago.

I expect the Bears to beat the NYG - all in all its been a very interesting opening 3 weeks!!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

thejuice

Jees the 49ers are in a bad way, and just at the right time too!!!  :)

Singletary fired his OC and will be running the Offence himself this weekend. I was worried about a backlash from them this week but with that news, that backlash might take a while yet.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Ahem. 5-0 and #21 in the nation...

Not bad on a WAC schedule AZ? :)

The Iceman

College football was immense this weekend. First season really watching it and I'm addicted.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight