American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Jared Allen is brilliant alright, and like Favre seems to be a good character as well. Favre was on flying form, whether he'd admit it or not I;d say he felt he had a point to prove to the Packers as well. Rodgers is a good QB but he has a long way to go yet to be up there with the likes of Rivers, Brees, I'd even have Joe Flacco ahead of him.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on October 06, 2009, 10:16:56 PM
Jared Allen is brilliant alright, and like Favre seems to be a good character as well. Favre was on flying form, whether he'd admit it or not I;d say he felt he had a point to prove to the Packers as well. Rodgers is a good QB but he has a long way to go yet to be up there with the likes of Rivers, Brees, I'd even have Joe Flacco ahead of him.

Rivers is having a great season. IMHO opinion Manning is streets ahead of anyone. Regardless of who he is throwing it too he absolutley shreds a defence.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Minder on October 06, 2009, 10:20:23 PM

Rivers is having a great season. IMHO opinion Manning is streets ahead of anyone. Regardless of who he is throwing it too he absolutley shreds a defence.

which one?  ;)

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 06, 2009, 10:26:21 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 06, 2009, 10:20:23 PM

which one?  ;)

I think everyone knows what one !

thejuice

Yeah, Peyton Manning you could argue to be the best, I don't think Rodgers will ever be that good. However this year like last year, Drew Brees for me is the best in the league.

Funny stuff here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmMLBiXQY7g&feature=channel
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

new devil

Yea theres a few of them on here at the minute...ver funny

Minder

Crabtree has finally signed for the Niners.

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2009, 12:06:10 PM

What was the deal there anyways? He was number 1 draft pick for them right? Was he holding out for a better contract or what?

Minder

Quote from: ballinaman on October 07, 2009, 12:10:38 PM

What was the deal there anyways? He was number 1 draft pick for them right? Was he holding out for a better contract or what?

He was selected #10 ( he was expected to go about #5). Basically he thinks because he should have gone lower in the draft and wanted money comparable with a top 5 draft pick. Even though he had never played a down in the NFL.

ballinaman

Quote from: mc_grens on October 05, 2009, 07:57:37 PM
Or pony up for gamepass. 3 games worth of uninterupted HD football for me last night, pats v ravens, saints v jets, and steelers v chargers.

Phillip Rivers, by the way is fast becoming a genius of some sort. Some second half last night, if the D-line could just stop the run...

As a Chargers fan i had high hopes this season with Merriman coming back in but with Jamal Williams and Hardwick out for a fair bit, can't see much happening...8-8 at best. Shocked at how well Broncos are playing...acid test against Pats coming up this wkend though, first time ever i'll be shouting for the Pats!

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2009, 12:13:52 PM

He was selected #10 ( he was expected to go about #5). Basically he thinks because he should have gone lower in the draft and wanted money comparable with a top 5 draft pick. Even though he had never played a down in the NFL.

Sound!! So basically he's a cocky money grabbing pri*k

Minder

Quote from: ballinaman on October 07, 2009, 12:17:02 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2009, 12:13:52 PM

He was selected #10 ( he was expected to go about #5).

Basically he thinks because he should have gone lower in the draft and wanted money comparable with a top 5 draft pick. Even though he had never played a down in the NFL.

Sound!! So basically he's a cocky money grabbing pri*k

That's about the height of it, I would say he has a quare entourage "advising" him too.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: ballinaman on October 07, 2009, 12:15:35 PM
Or pony up for gamepass. 3 games worth of uninterupted HD football for me last night, pats v ravens, saints v jets, and steelers v chargers.

Phillip Rivers, by the way is fast becoming a genius of some sort. Some second half last night, if the D-line could just stop the run...

As a Chargers fan i had high hopes this season with Merriman coming back in but with Jamal Williams and Hardwick out for a fair bit, can't see much happening...8-8 at best. Shocked at how well Broncos are playing...acid test against Pats coming up this wkend though, first time ever i'll be shouting for the Pats!

AFC West is a shit division.  Though the Broncos lead the Chargers by two games I wouldn't get too cocky.  I'm shocked with our start to the season (I would have taken 8-8 before the season started) and our defence are playing brilliantly with only 26 points allowed in four games, but the next four games will tell all about this team.  With the Pats, Chargers, Ravens and Steelers coming up for Denver it wont be easy, after week 9 if we are 6-2 I will be very happy.

ballinaman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 07, 2009, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 07, 2009, 12:15:35 PM

AFC West is a shit division.  Though the Broncos lead the Chargers by two games I wouldn't get too cocky.  I'm shocked with our start to the season (I would have taken 8-8 before the season started) and our defence are playing brilliantly with only 26 points allowed in four games, but the next four games will tell all about this team.  With the Pats, Chargers, Ravens and Steelers coming up for Denver it wont be easy, after week 9 if we are 6-2 I will be very happy.

Agreed. It's pretty brutal, west coast football has'nt been strong for awhile!! Bronocs got caught last year by the Chargers and i can't see that happening two years in a row...

Anyways, check out these new team logos  :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snibbe1/091006&sportCat=nfl

Galwaybhoy

Some of those are great.  I love the Rams one.  ;D