American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

You wouldn't take 4 slaps for that one though. there are a lot of women that might be worth 4 digs but not that one.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 08, 2009, 11:02:23 PM
She wasn't worth it. 6 out of 10

Who exactly is worth getting shot twice in the head and chest for?

Maybe your mum.

Gabriel_Hurl

Mark Buerhle pitched a perfect game for the White Sox this afternoon - aided mightily by his team-mate DeWayne Wise with a brilliant catch in the top of the 9th

magickingdom

thanks for posting that gab. unbelievable achievement and thank you very much dewayne wise! i see he got a call from obama. it really is one of the greatest things in all sport..

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290723104

Puckoon

Watched sanchez pitch that no hitter for the Giants a couple weeks back, first no hitter in Giants history since 1976. Helluva achievement.

tyrone86

Surprised the conditional reinstatement of Michael Vick hasn't gotten a mention here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/8171838.stm

mc_grens

Jim Johnson passed away today.

Also Favre has thrown the Vikings under a bus- he says he is not coming out of retirement.

Capt Pat

Favre really does take the piss with these retirement things. I still half expect him to be playing somewhere in the NFL this season, although it may not be the Vikings. I think the Vikings head coach Childress told him to attend all of training camp or forget about is so Favre has stayed retired.

I thnk the Vikings will be ok though. The additions of rookie wide receiver Harvinf and Sage Rosenfels at quarteback should improve the passing game.

thejuice

Its that time of year again

Would love myself to go but clashes with other stuff  :(
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Galwaybhoy

Lads do any of ye know the best site to buy NFL jerseys, want to get the white Broncos jersey as quickly as possible.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Galwaybhoy

Thanks Harp, have it ordered now and everything.

Minder

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on August 05, 2009, 02:08:16 PM

Are you in the USA? What is the shipping like in those sites to Ireland?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2009, 02:10:33 PM

No I'm in Ireland.  Thats why I asked here before I ordered off a website, I wanted to see what other people use.  I have checked up some English websites including Reebok, ACA Sports, http://www.greatamericansports.co.uk/ etc but none of them had a great selection and some of the jerseys had old names on the back.  I don't buy many jerseys so in the end I said I'd try NFLshop even if it cost a bit more just because it had a good selection and what I wanted.  The expensive part is the shipping which cost me $25.86.  Going by the websites shipping methods and costs page it will take between 3-7 days to arrive.  I don't know much about buying products from the USA but it normally takes that long when I buy from other websites in Europe anyway so I'm surprised it wont take longer.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed I wont have to wait long anyway.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on August 05, 2009, 02:30:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2009, 02:10:33 PM

No I'm in Ireland.  Thats why I asked here before I ordered off a website, I wanted to see what other people use.  I have checked up some English websites including Reebok, ACA Sports, http://www.greatamericansports.co.uk/ etc but none of them had a great selection and some of the jerseys had old names on the back.  I don't buy many jerseys so in the end I said I'd try NFLshop even if it cost a bit more just because it had a good selection and what I wanted.  The expensive part is the shipping which cost me $25.86.  Going by the websites shipping methods and costs page it will take between 3-7 days to arrive.  I don't know much about buying products from the USA but it normally takes that long when I buy from other websites in Europe anyway so I'm surprised it wont take longer.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed I wont have to wait long anyway.

NFLShop is a bit pricey but the quality will be top notch. Remember the sizes will be larger from the states ie. a med/large will be more like a xl/xxl. Check the sizing.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014