American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I like the Denver pick of Moreno, they need a high class running back to complete that offense. They will be well short of defense though as a result of this pick.

mc_grens

I like English, but I think it means the Chargers are afraid of losing Merriman next year when his contract expires.

Capt Pat

The Vikings are having a good draft so far Heyward bey and freeman are gone 2 guys I was afraid they would draft. We may even trade back for more picks. hopefully Oher or Macling will be there at #22.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: mc_grens on April 25, 2009, 10:55:17 PM
I like English, but I think it means the Chargers are afraid of losing Merriman next year when his contract expires.

Merriman's injury is still a concern, English will end up being at least a 5 time pro bowler.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Minder

The Browns are going to have plenty of 6th round picks !  ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Percy Harvin for the Vikings. I am over the moon. He is a big boom or bust player however if he works  out our offense will be very dangerous with AP on the team as well. The opposition won't know who to look at most.

declan85

Quote from: thejuice on April 25, 2009, 10:47:15 PM
i wonder did the Redskins try and Im sure they did, try trade up for Sanchez, perhaps thats why the Jets gave so much.

Jason Campbell said he would request a trade if the skins drafted a qb. That kinda thing cant go down well...

Capt Pat

Well they shouldn't have been looking for a quarterback which they obviously were. Campbell is good. They may make a move for Brady Quinn now.

AZOffaly

And beanie wells falls to the Cards. Not bad for 31st in the draft. If he can stay injury free, and the Cardinals O-Line continues to develop, we might just have gotten a little more balanced.

Capt Pat

That was a great pick for the Cardinals, they need to get stronger on defense with the rest of the picks.

declan85

Still a few watchin...
Waitin for the bears to finally come round. Was hoping one of the top 7 receivers would fall to them but didnt work out... Dont know who they can take now.
Pat White taken by the dolphins for Qb/Wr, probably to run the wildcat. Could be pretty gud to watch!!

declan85

You gotta be sh!tt!ng me! The bears traded out of the 2nd round >:(

Capt Pat

The Vikings took Loadholt with a couple of better rated players on the board at that position. Disappointed with that.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 25, 2009, 09:58:43 PM
DHB to the raiders what a reach that is. He is completely unproven. The Vikings did the same thing a few years back with a guy called Troy Williamson at the same #7 pick and it all went pear shaped.

Mayock was proved 100% correct. He said Al Davis is a height and speed guy and they went for the tallest and fastest WR in the draft. The Raiders are going nowhere until they get rid of senile Al.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mc_grens on April 25, 2009, 10:32:15 PM
Moreno to Denver is a shocker!

Denver is the graveyard for running backs. Maybe with Shanahan gone they might give someone a chance.