American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 29, 2009, 05:57:55 PM
I know nothing about American Football and I just saw on Sky Sports the Superbowl thingy is on this weekend.
I like a bet so who should I be putting my money on or are there any good bets to be had for the game ?

1st half Line             Pit -3.5      over/under  23.5       Take AZ and the over

Final                       Pit -7         over/under  47          Take AZ and the under

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

declan85

Anyone know if the superbowl is being shown in a pub in Galway. Used always go to the Cellar for it but they aint showing it this year...

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: declan85 on January 30, 2009, 01:11:38 PM
Anyone know if the superbowl is being shown in a pub in Galway. Used always go to the Cellar for it but they aint showing it this year...

This place might be showing it Declan

www.coyotes.ie

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on January 29, 2009, 06:26:51 PM
the cardinals -7 are worth a bet I would say.......
GSP in the UFC and the Cardinals Double this weekend - $12 bet pays $67

Iceman the cardinals are +7.

This superbowl is hard to predict - except maybe for the full time bet of the total score being under 47.

If the steelers take a lead and can get at warner a few times, they will be hard to beat.

If the cards take an early lead - can the steelers offence get it done?

My heart says the cardinals to win, but my head and my wallet says the steelers to win a crap game.

thejuice

Read in the Times that Larry Fitz has been to Ireland to find his family roots. Wonder has he any Meath blood in him.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

lynchbhoy

dont really see much NFL any more
think that the Steelers have decent offence and a rock hard defence - with the teams with good Defence usually winning superbowls

Would prefer the Steelers, esp the traditional hard nosed american football style they play
plus the b***d cards beat the Eagles

the Deel Rover

ah come on now lynchbhoy i thought you would be up for the underdog it would be like you shouting for Kerry in an Ai Final against Tyrone or Armagh  ;) the steelers have enough superbowls allready
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 30, 2009, 04:24:41 PM
ah come on now lynchbhoy i thought you would be up for the underdog it would be like you shouting for Kerry in an Ai Final against Tyrone or Armagh  ;) the steelers have enough superbowls allready
just like that kind of 'steeler football'
plus the good denizens of pittsburgh dont usually have much to cheer about
arizona has the sunshine!

anyhow as arizona beat philly, I want them to lose!
:D

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on January 30, 2009, 03:29:56 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 29, 2009, 06:26:51 PM
the cardinals -7 are worth a bet I would say.......
GSP in the UFC and the Cardinals Double this weekend - $12 bet pays $67

Iceman the cardinals are +7.

Good spot Puck - thats what I meant
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: thejuice on January 30, 2009, 03:45:39 PM
Read in the Times that Larry Fitz has been to Ireland to find his family roots. Wonder has he any Meath blood in him.

havent seen him stamp on anyone, throw back the elbow to connect with someones jaw, or punch anyone, so its safe to assume he has no meath blood in him Juice  :P

declan85

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 30, 2009, 01:17:01 PM
Quote from: declan85 on January 30, 2009, 01:11:38 PM

This place might be showing it Declan

www.coyotes.ie

Cheers Gallaimh, checked it out and been assured they are showin all of it...

thejuice

Any  one find Ron Wolfley's commentating really annoying, especially when he say's WOW

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e764c6
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Galwaybhoy

Lads I don't know if this was asked before, but do you know the program on Sky Sports "America's Game".  Is that available to buy on DVD?

Minder

You would be about a few quid if they were as there must be 40 espisodes of them. It is a great show. I have been taping as many as i can the last few days on Sky +. There are about two a day on now in the run up to the game tomorrow.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the Deel Rover

were you watching the redskins one minder ? They were a mad bunch  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001