American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Hard to believe the Falcons are doing so well. before the season started they were thought to be one of the least talented rosters in the NFL.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Aye, Cant believe how good Matt Ryan is. I was cringing when I heard they gave a young QB a load of $$$$ but he hasnt been a Matt Leinhart, Ryan Leaf or Chris Simms.

Also Roddy White and Michael Finneran have palyed alot better than with Vick so too Norwood and of course Michael Turner has been a huge difference. On defense well John Abraham is healthy and doing well and a few others are starting to play alot better. Its mostly down to the coaching though. Good coachs in Atlanta now
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Boooyaa!!

HD Harry Douglas, he's another one who's turned into something special.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Carmen Stateside

Broadway Brett and the Jets are in trouble at home to Denver!
10 down 12 min to go  27 - 17

Carmen Stateside

thejuice

Denver are looking very good. They almost have their division won. DOnt think San Diego are going to catch up.

NFC South is going down to the wire.

Atlanta have Saints, Bucs, Vikings and Rams: I reckon 2-2 giving a final record of 10-6
Tampa have Carolina, Falcons, Chargers and Raiders: I reckon 3-1 giving a final record of 12-4
Panthers have Bucs, Denver, Giants and Saints: I reckon 2-2, giving a final record of 11-5

Thats using my head. My heart reckons the Falcons can beat the Bucs and the Vikings too.

Minder

I was reading that Michael Strahan reckons at least half of the NFL players are "packing" when they go out for the night  :o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

QuoteNew York City Friday Night

Plaxico Buress and hot girl dancing together,

Hot Girl: Oooh, Plaxico is that a gun in your pocket or are you happy see me?

Plaxico: Wait! dont touch.......

BANG!

Sorry I had to post it.

Puckoon

Quote from: thejuice on November 30, 2008, 11:16:18 PM
Aye, Cant believe how good Matt Ryan is. I was cringing when I heard they gave a young QB a load of $$$$ but he hasnt been a Matt Leinhart, Ryan Leaf or Chris Simms.

Also Roddy White and Michael Finneran have palyed alot better than with Vick so too Norwood and of course Michael Turner has been a huge difference. On defense well John Abraham is healthy and doing well and a few others are starting to play alot better. Its mostly down to the coaching though. Good coachs in Atlanta now

Juice did you watch Ryan play for Boston college at all. IMHO he was the cream of last years crop, super composure in the pocket and a great arm.

thejuice

No sadly I never get to see any college football.

Puckoon

I think the falcons pulled a master stroke. Faced with last years season they promoted a youngster instead of some washed up second string. I never doubted Ryan would make it unlike the prima donnas like Russell, leinhart and your man at the titans.  Another to watch for is hawaiis Colt Brennan. Not sure where he drafted last year but he was one of the heisman final 3 along with tebow from Florida and chase Daniel from Missouri, both still playing college ball this year.
Try espn360 for streaming video of live games, with the bowl season coming up there should be some crackers.

Gabriel_Hurl

He went in either the 2nd last or last rounds of the draft.

The Redskins took him

thejuice

Thanks for the tips. Ill keep an eye on them in the news so.

One college player I am looking out for is Michael Orr. He's an Offensive lineman. There was a book about him written "The Blind Side" its a very good read. He was picked up off the street by a family in Mississippi and has turned into a very successful college player.