American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I read on ESPN that several of their top incoming recruits have asked to be released from their letters of intent, including a top QB. Would be seriously bad PR for Baylor to try and hold people to anything in light of what's happened. If all football actually gets cancelled, then it's not a huge stretch to imagine how it would affect them for a decade or more.

AZOffaly

Also Baylor had a basketball scandal a few years ago which resulted in high profile resignation/firings and NCAA sanctions. This could be very bad for Baylor.

Syferus

Baylor were on the cusp of national titles. Threw it all away.

gawa316

That Warriors Cav's game was a weird one. Livingstone (who was brilliant) got the same points as Curry & Thompson combined. Iguodala and Barbosa also had great games. Hard to see the splash bro's being that bad again but then doubt if the bench will be as good again.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 01, 2016, 01:10:56 PM
Quote from: stew on May 25, 2016, 11:54:33 AM
Personally speaking I would love to see the Cavaliers win the thing, the people of Cleveland are such fantastic fans but have not had a winner in eons.

The only city that cones close is Buffalo in that regard.

Curry and Co are done, their great season means nNothing if they don't kick on and win the title, it also hurts curry in the Jordan conversation.

The best possible combination in the finals is the caves v okc.

What Jordan conversation????

A very short one !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on June 03, 2016, 11:39:36 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 03, 2016, 11:23:13 AM
The Splash Brothers only score 20 and they still win by 15. Doesn't bode well for the series. The sweep might be good value at 6/1. Eastern Conference is relatively, very weak.

They won't sweep them for one reason - LeBron.

Love actually played quite well, so it's really difficult to see how they can make the leap required.

I may have to take this back. Cleveland look absolutely awful.

Asal Mor

Quote from: gallsman on June 06, 2016, 09:34:58 AM
Quote from: gallsman on June 03, 2016, 11:39:36 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 03, 2016, 11:23:13 AM
The Splash Brothers only score 20 and they still win by 15. Doesn't bode well for the series. The sweep might be good value at 6/1. Eastern Conference is relatively, very weak.

They won't sweep them for one reason - LeBron.

Love actually played quite well, so it's really difficult to see how they can make the leap required.

I may have to take this back. Cleveland look absolutely awful.
Yeah OKC must be really sick watching this. They were one defensive stop away from the title. And Klay's all-time great performance in that game 6 will be the one that won the Warriors this title.

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Calling the home win early?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

Kylie is playing well, but our 2nd qrt. defense was miserable.

heganboy

So I guess leBron decided he wanted this one. Huge improvement from the cavs, I had expected the sweep, but 4 minutes into that game was enough to see the difference. Better without Love?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gawa316

That game was over after about 6 mins. Still see the Warriors winning due to home field advantage but last night was a big wake up call. Curry and Thompson very quiet once again.

Muck Savage

Warriors get it done in Cleveland. Should take it at home on Tues

I'm heading to game 6 of Stanley cup on Sunday.

Great time in the Bay Area.

RealSpiritof98

gawa316