American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Think Cook is the better QB, but fear than in time the 'Bama DL will wear down the Spartan offensive line. 

AZOffaly

Well that was emphatic in the end. Fair play to Alabama they just keep rocking. It will be a fascinating final. Clemson looked very good in the second half against what I thought was a good OU team.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on December 30, 2015, 05:15:43 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 30, 2015, 04:29:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 30, 2015, 09:59:37 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 30, 2015, 01:30:29 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 28, 2015, 09:55:27 AM
Seanie you must have loved that 😀 It was like they declared open season on Rogers. I nearly felt sorry for him by the end.

I really did. Pro bowl me hole. Although it was probably someone elses fault, his o-line, his receivers, the play calling, the officials.....

Well when you get sacked 8 times there probably is an issue with your O line, especially when that O line has three back ups playing.

One of those back ups - Barclay, has given up the second most sacks in the NFL this season - he hasn't even played half a season.

Regardless of your bitterness 30TD & 7 INT is Pro Bowl form, he hasn't played as well this year, no doubt, but those numbers with that wide receiving & TE corps is good. Slowest wide receivers in the NFL.

Excuses, excuses. Is Randall Cobb slow now? Only material difference from last year receivers is Jordy Nelson. That's it. And Davante Adams came with a load of hype. Every team has injuries, you can't hide behind it. When every other QB takes loads of sacks they get blamed for holding the ball too long but not Aaron of course. If you think he was in the top 6 QB's this season I'm afraid it's you who has clouded judgement. People keep pointing to the low number of interceptions but he had at least two fumbles the other night.

And if the receivers are as bad as you say then it shows an outrageous level of arrogance by the Packers - sure we can play anyone, Aaron is THAT good.

Cobb has been absolutely atrocious this year, and has shown he isn't a #1 receiver.

Adams has been worse, 1 TD all year I think.

Pro Football Focus Top 10 quarterbacks rated going into Week 17

Big Ben 99.9
Palmer 99.6
Brady 99.5
Wilson 86.3
Newton 85.8
Rodgers 85.3
Carr83.8
Brees 82.0
Rivers 79.9
Taylor 79.1

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/25361/dropped-passes-plague-packers-wrs-davante-adams-randall-cobb

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/26235/packers-receiver-davante-adams-struggles-continueCarr

What are those ratings based on? Rodgers has a pretty mediocre QBR this season, well outside the top 10. Are they Week 17 rankings or something?

Plenty of QB's have to deal with bad o-lines and receivers dropping passes. None get a free pass like Rodgers. Cutler for example was always blamed for taking too many sacks even when playing behind 5 turnstiles.

Minder

The stats are up to and including week 16

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Quite a few NFL teams use PFF for analysis, it's not perfect but no analysis is.

We have been round the houses on this and obviously disagree, happy new year and hope you like my new avatar !

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

D@&$ it! Notre Dame throws an interception, but Joey Bosa gets ejected for targeting!  Could be a game changer.  C'mon Ohio State.

Oraisteach

HT Buckeyes lead the Squabbling French 28-14.  OSU has had a few chances to bury ND, but the Golden Domers keep rebounding.  Not over by a long shot.  Zeke Elliott with 3 TDs for the Bucks.

Oraisteach

Once down by 21 pts., ND now behind by 7 in 3rd. quarter. 

Oraisteach

FT. Ohio State 44. Notre Dame 28. Go Bucks!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Club Rossa

Rex Ryan will be a happy man tonight.

gallsman

Seattle showing they're still a massive threat to everyone.

Asal Mor

Peyton Manning back in and playing really well so far.

magpie seanie

GB and Minnesota would be better off losing this game. Winner gets Seattle. Loser possibly gets Redskins???

Clov

I'm pretty sure that if the Vikings lose they'll play GB again and Seattle will play Washington.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

heganboy

Quote from: Clov on January 04, 2016, 01:11:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that if the Vikings lose they'll play GB again and Seattle will play Washington.
Thats correct
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity