American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Syferus, a coach em up job? Stick to watching college if that's your level of intelligence on the NFL. The pats were DESERVEDLY the 2 seed in the AFC. They have been decimated by injuries all season, on both sides of the ball. The pats spotted them a 20 point lead 6 weeks ago, and destroyed them. Man for man on the offensive side of the ball, Denver without doubt have the more talented individuals. Those guys were playing last year when a VERY average Ravens came in and knocked them out of the playoffs! Tom Brady is in the equation as being the best QB of all time, as is Manning. To say they are a coached up team is embarrassing  ::)
As Az says, 1 v 2 in both conferences, only the 49rs were a 5 technically speaking.

Syferus

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 14, 2014, 04:34:34 AM
Syferus, a coach em up job? Stick to watching college if that's your level of intelligence on the NFL. The pats were DESERVEDLY the 2 seed in the AFC. They have been decimated by injuries all season, on both sides of the ball. The pats spotted them a 20 point lead 6 weeks ago, and destroyed them. Man for man on the offensive side of the ball, Denver without doubt have the more talented individuals. Those guys were playing last year when a VERY average Ravens came in and knocked them out of the playoffs! Tom Brady is in the equation as being the best QB of all time, as is Manning. To say they are a coached up team is embarrassing  ::)
As Az says, 1 v 2 in both conferences, only the 49rs were a 5 technically speaking.

Get off your high horse.

It's clear as day the Hoodie is the main reason the Patriots are where they are while more talented rosters are sitting at home. You've got Tom Brady; well done. His main receiver is a lad who moonlighted as a DB and still returns punts and had never topped 360 yards, nevermind 1000 yards, in his four seasons until this year. His next target is an equally small receiver who can hardly stay healthy. His main running back is a player the Buccs thought so little of they him go for nothing - a seventh round pick and Jeff Demps.

Vince Wilfork is out for the season; Talib has under-performed for most of the year. Their defence had been as much a liability than a help in recent years. It's a team with a mountain of holes on paper that have been papered over by good coaching. IT shows where quality coaching can take a team. Ask some Pats fans yourself and you'll be bitterly disappointed to find they'll readily admit the same.

" ::) "

cadhlancian

Bullshit. Julian Edelman has over  a 100 catches this year. Not Wes Welker, but not that far behind. Talib has been selected to his first pro bowl , must be having a horrible season? You failed to mention, Rob Gronkowski or Jerod Mayo? Ridley is actually the Pats No.1 back , followed by Vereen. Blount is the no 3 back, but is running with a chip on his shoulder, and right now is the " hot hand".
Nobody is saying this is an elite Pats team. The 16-0 had way more talented individuals, but still finished with no SB.

cadhlancian

By the way, searching online to see who the Bucs got for Blount is pathetic, or did you know that off the top of your head?? ::)

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on January 14, 2014, 09:36:37 AM
It's clear as day the Hoodie is the main reason the Patriots are where they are while more talented rosters are sitting at home.

What's the prize for being talented?

Talib has under-performed for most of the year.

Nonsense.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on January 14, 2014, 04:41:59 PM
It's clear as day the Hoodie is the main reason the Patriots are where they are while more talented rosters are sitting at home.

Nonsense.

Who are more talented and sitting at home, out of curiosity ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2014, 06:52:54 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 14, 2014, 04:41:59 PM

Nonsense.

Who are more talented and sitting at home, out of curiosity ?

Lions, Saints, Chiefs, hell, even the Eagles have better rosters than the Pats do this year.

BB's mantra is 'next man up'. Nothing I'm saying is particularly controversial. The Pats are BB and they play in his image. With a poorer coach they'd be the Chargers in the Norv Turner era.

magpie seanie

I love the playoffs. It's a different game when the weather is bad, the officials allow a bit of contact so it's not passing pinball. Running the ball is almost irrelevant in the regular season but it's required in the playoffs if the games are not in domes (personally think no games should be indoors).

It's a much better game when the balance is not skewed towards the offense.

Unreal games this weekend. I'm hoping Seattle win it all but the way the 49ers are playing I think they can overturn the 'hawks. Seattle's defense will struggle with Gore and company on the ground (look what NO did in this area last week) and SF just have better receivers.

I think Denver will do enough to nick it. Home field will be the key. Their defense looks to be hitting form at the right time. Remember this was an elite unit not all that long ago and many ofthe same personnel are involved. I'd never be too confirdent going against Brady and the Hoodie though.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on January 13, 2014, 10:15:31 PM
Hard to like the 9ers after Kaep's antics last night.

Antics? The Superman celebration?!

cadhlancian

No, because he " mocked" Syferus's idol Cams TD celebration. Where did Cam go to college Sy?

gallsman

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 15, 2014, 08:29:57 PM
No, because he " mocked" Syferus's idol Cams TD celebration. Where did Cam go to college Sy?

That's what I mean. Is what Kaepernick did even noteworthy? Dislike a team because one player used another's celebration?

Muck Savage

Florida

Hope the Niners beat the Seagulls but the Seattle secondary are best in the business and while Kap is good he's be Brees when it comes to the air. The distaste right now between Seattle and Niners is something I haven't seen for a long time, advertising boards and TV adds in each city. Hope Niners can make it two in a row and open the new Stadium as Super Bowl champs.

NE to win the other game. Denver are missing something and their Def just won't hold the Pats O

Linkbox

Quote from: Muck Savage on January 15, 2014, 09:15:50 PM

Florida

Hope the Niners beat the Seagulls but the Seattle secondary are best in the business and while Kap is good he's be Brees when it comes to the air. The distaste right now between Seattle and Niners is something I haven't seen for a long time, advertising boards and TV adds in each city. Hope Niners can make it two in a row and open the new Stadium as Super Bowl champs.

NE to win the other game. Denver are missing something and their Def just won't hold the Pats O

Cam went to Auburn too. His da is a dodgy character. Like something from the final season of Friday Night Lights.

The Iceman

new show on over here called "Friday Night Tykes" that tracks the prep and games of some underage American football teams. Think these lads are 6-10 years old.
Some shocking insight into it all. Americans really are serious about their sports and see it as a path to professional sport even at 6 years old.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

cadhlancian

Quote from: Muck Savage on January 15, 2014, 09:15:50 PM
rhetorical question. He went to Auburn, which is Sy's fav college team/ alma mater.

Florida