American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 01, 2013, 12:41:04 AM
Only two unbeatens, and if Ohio State beats a strong 10-1 Michigan State next weekend. Hmmm . . .

I think if they beat MSU, they'll go as #2. However I think they will get it up the Jacksie to beat MSU. All to play for. mizzou must be stunned right now as well. They'll wire into johnny football now!

AZOffaly

Jaysus how big is Michigans decision to go for two looking now?

Oraisteach

Michigan will be sick if that call propels the Buckeyes into the championship game.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 01, 2013, 12:41:04 AM
Only two unbeatens, and if Ohio State beats a strong 10-1 Michigan State next weekend. Hmmm . . .

Do not forget the Northern Illinois University,  Go NIU Huskies!!!!!
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Oraisteach

Sorry, DrinkingHarp, how could I overlook NIU, especially since my kids attended colleges in that conference, not to mention Fresno State too.

AZOffaly

Fresno just got scutched by San Jose State I think?

Oraisteach

You're right, AZ.  Sharp as a crayon I am.

Syferus

Still playing in their conference game, though. Their QB is David Carr (former #1 overall draft pick) brother and is highly rated.

Another facet in the BCS jockeying is Auburn's own undefeated season in 2004 where they were frozen out. Voters are irrational animals at the best of times but trying to freeze out the same team twice in less than a decade would certainly play on their minds and Auburn should start the publicity machine in earnest.

Oraisteach

A week from now will sort it out.  Michigan State will give OSU all they can handle.  Right now #5 Mizzou is losing to #21 Texas A & M.  Expecting ructions at home as my daughter is a graduate student at Florida State.

AZOffaly

Irish are trying to hang with Stanford at the moment. Down 6-14. Stanford's QB is a lad called Kevin Hogan who sounds like he should be hurling with toomevara.

Syferus

Seminal indeed.

The scenes at Jordan-Hare after the game wouldn't be out of place in Limerick.

stringbean

Sweet mother of god what a finish, what a game! Surely if auburn win the sec title game they desrve a nat title shot

heganboy

had fun tonight- out for dinner with a big crew this evening including a few Alabama grads, feeling ridiculously pleased with myself having called the final play before they had even ruled it was going ahead. Said 'Bama were too cocky, Nick Satan calling a few bad plays in the final quarter, and that the special teams wouldn't know what to do if it fell short, and that Auburn would be able to run it back almost uncontested. stunned silence as the play unfolded followed by- "you irish f**ker- you jinxed it" still laughing.
so I guess the Heissman is now a complete no contest?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

The Tiger Bowl for the SEC Championship looks a lock now. Hell of a turnaround from last year by both programs.

cadhlancian

Insane  finish!! Tbh, Auburn have been crazy lucky this year. TWO one in a million plays in the space of a month ::)