American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on October 09, 2013, 08:13:58 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2013, 05:05:40 PM
Kaepernick can do everything. Smith cannot do certain things like throw down the field or run. He's a good QB but Kaepernick is just sensational in my book. His arm strength is ridiculous and his accuracy is just as good.

I agree for the most part Seanie but teams now seem capable of figuring him out, he has had a couple of less than stellar games already this season and they have lost.

I think he will be right up there with Brady and Rodgers and PM in a year or so but he needs to be consistently excellent to be thought of in the same league as those three.

Agree but he is also hampered by (a) conservative play calling/ coaches relying on strong defense and (b) lack of weapons.

Asal Mor

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2013, 11:32:11 PM
Agree but he is also hampered by (a) conservative play calling/ coaches relying on strong defense and (b) lack of weapons.

That doesn't help Boldin either who made huge plays from contested catches in last year's play-offs. They seem to be waiting for him to get open rather than just lobbing it in his direction like Joe used to do.

Not sure about Kapp being way ahead of Smith. It's like saying that Joe Canning is better than Henry Shefflin. We all know he has more talent but he has a bit to do yet.  :)

Gabriel_Hurl

Young lad taking the piss in only his 3rd NHL game - he's scored 6 goals already

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

stew

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 10, 2013, 04:38:00 PM
Young lad taking the piss in only his 3rd NHL game - he's scored 6 goals already

That's unreal.

Must be near time for another visit Gab, we miss you on family night.  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Asal Mor

Mad wicked skillz as the young folk say.

AZOffaly

Very sad. The little lad died. Some absolute scumbags around. The family situations of a lot of these nfl lads is far from ideal.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2013, 10:38:32 PM
Very sad. The little lad died. Some absolute scumbags around. The family situations of a lot of these nfl lads is far from ideal.

Sad alright. So the fella being held is the boyfriend of the kids mother ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Tony Baloney

Just reading that about Peterson. Terribly sad story.

RealSpiritof98

Would break your bloody heart,

RIP kid

GalwayBayBoy

Puckoon

There's few words for that. Rest in peace little one.

AZOffaly

Not sure if that boy is the lad in question. That picture I think is Adrian jr. This child was living in South Dakota with the mother, who was no longer with Peterson.