American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 19, 2012, 06:46:42 PM
The Browns will be ok next year, unless they take a QB? I would be more worried if I was a Colts fan.

They need to take Trent Richardson and try and give a pedestrian offense a bit of spark. Wouldn't be surprised if they traded down from that pick and draft some non-entity.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

I think you're right, Minder.  If by chance Minnesota don't pick Kalil, thet'd have to give him a serious look.  But they need an impact RB. Please, please, don't pick a QB.  I also want receivers with speed and glue fingers.

GalwayBayBoy

I think the Browns will take Trent Richardson although it seems they are still considering taking Justin Blackmon provided the Vikings don't take him and go with Kalil.

Minder

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 19, 2012, 08:14:13 PM
I think the Browns will take Trent Richardson although it seems they are still considering taking Justin Blackmon provided the Vikings don't take him and go with Kalil.

I hope they take Richardson, and use a later pick on a WR.

Capt Pat

Richardson to the Browns after a mini trade with tge Vikings

Capt Pat

Vikings Take Kalil, cowboys trade up for Claiborne a cornerback, Cards get Floyd a receiver.

Capt Pat

Jets get Quentin Coples a defensive end :o The Seahawks get Bruce Irvine outside :'( linebacker

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 27, 2012, 02:45:17 AM
Jets get Quentin Coples a defensive end :o The Seahawks get Bruce Irvine outside :'( linebacker

And the Dolphins take an overrated puddin'  >:(

Carmen Stateside

NBA playoffs begin today, Bulls 76ers then Knicks Heat.  Two good games to get it started, later is Orlando Indiana and Dallas Oklahoma is the last game of the day.
Let's go Knicks!

Minder

Wass looking at the notes on Nfl.com of Schwartz, the tackle from Cal that the Browns drafted #37.

They had him down as a fifth rounder  :-[

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
Wass looking at the notes on Nfl.com of Schwartz, the tackle from Cal that the Browns drafted #37.

They had him down as a fifth rounder  :-[

Sure the Pats picked a safety in the middle of the 2nd round that a lot of people thought would go in the 6th or 7th round or even go undrafted.

Carmen Stateside

So much for the Knicks, down by 27 with 5 to go in third! Plus rookie Shumpert just carried off with serious looking knee injury. He's probably there best defender! Miami in four

Minder

Derrick Rose out for the rest of post season, torn ACL.

Carmen Stateside

That's Chicagos chances gone. They should still make it to eastern finals but Miami will be to strong.  Miami Oklahoma would be a good final.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2012, 12:09:41 AM
Derrick Rose out for the rest of post season, torn ACL.
He was approaching triple double territory when it happened. There cant be many sports put more strain on the knee.