American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4father

By the way, how was that call a 'blow to the head'?  That gave the penalty which led to the touch down.

Carmen Stateside

Came from another terrible referee decision.  That's two touchdowns thanks to the officials.

heganboy

Some catch from driver but the decisions against the giants are absolutely horrible. I can't believe how consistently every decision has gone to green bay
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GalwayBayBoy

49ers will probably be happy enough. Get to stay at home for the championship game now. Fancy them and the Pats.

The Iceman

two play off games and two underdogs take the Win.
The Saints 49'ers was an excellent game, maybe game of the year after Giants Packers I from earlier in the season.

Giants deservedly won this evening. Officials decisions against the Giants were horrible and blatant.
Secondary looked dodgy in the 3rd Q but turned it around and Eli (you have to tip the hat to him) was on fire.

LETS GO BIG BLUE
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Outstanding display by the Giants this evening again, despite some very dodgy decisions against them. The defense has been immense the past few games, while Manning continues his superb form all season. Good to see the likes of Nicks stepping up the past few games to take the pressure off Cruz. Definitely think they can take the 49ers next week. Should be a cracking game, whichever way it goes.

Rossie11

Saints will be absolutely sickened. To blow that lead and a chance of a home NFC decider V Giants who have they would have confident of taking apart again. Greg Williams job has to be called into question.  2 play offs in a row they have allowed big plays versus fairly limited offences.

Capt Pat

Other teams are obviously paying more attention to Cruz now. Nicks has been able to take advantage. The reverse would  have applied earlier in the season. Nicks has 4 TDs and 300 yards in two playoff games.

Minder

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 16, 2012, 01:43:47 PM
Saints will be absolutely sickened. To blow that lead and a chance of a home NFC decider V Giants who have they would have confident of taking apart again. Greg Williams job has to be called into question.  2 play offs in a row they have allowed big plays versus fairly limited offences.

There was always a chance both New Orleans and Green Bay would get caught with both defenses being poor this year. Thought the Giants had a pretty good chance against the Packers but couldn't see the Niners keeping pace with the Saints. Those gifted points at the start killed the Saints though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

So much for Green Bay being the best team ever!

thejuice

Imagine Christmas dinner in the Manning's house with Eli sitting there across the table from Peyton deliberately shining the light of 2 Superbowl rings into his brothers face. It's bad enough the Roethlisberger has won 2 more Superbowls than Dan Marino.

I think the Pats are far from home and dry. Baltimore will know that they can get to Brady and they are no slouches on the other side of the ball.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Could be the Harbowl yet. I'm not overly surprised that the niners and Giants won, although I'd have thought Green Bay would have too much at home. Looking forward to the next weekend now. San Francisco versus New York in San Fran, and Baltimore travelling to New England. Baltimore will have to run the ball well, to let Flacco try to pick on the NE secondary, but if they do, I can see the Ravens D coming up big.

I'm going for the Ravens v the Giants.

GalwayBayBoy

Rams v Patriots at Wembley October 28.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thejuice on January 16, 2012, 04:50:56 PM
I think the Pats are far from home and dry. Baltimore will know that they can get to Brady and they are no slouches on the other side of the ball.

Ravens actually don't have a great pass rush. They only had 3 sacks their last 3 games of the season and 0 sacks against the Texans last week. They stop the run very well alright but unless they can get to Brady consistently he will carve them up.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"