Mickey Harte new Louth manager?

Started by Gael85, November 23, 2020, 08:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: general_lee on November 23, 2020, 08:49:55 PM
Fair play to him and a great coup for Louth, football in a bad way there so he has his work cut out. Plenty of diesel money I'd imagine

Or a new gaff.

tonto1888

Completely shocked at this one. Interesting to see how it pans out

Rudi

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 23, 2020, 08:46:14 PM
Ex Tyrone manager or this fella?

Excellent  ;D

Strange move, but fair play and hope he does well, not a glamorous team.

BennyCake

Will he be bringing Martin Sludden with him in some capacity?

Ronnie

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 23, 2020, 09:01:53 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on November 23, 2020, 09:00:36 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 23, 2020, 08:39:50 PM
Antrim missed a trick there. Could have swayed him with the new Casement and the sleeping giant etc etc.

I said that we should approach him kinda joking in the Antrim thread, we would have been a more attractive proposition than Louth. Ahhh sure it's done now, fair play to Louth

No way Antrim could afford Harte

Could easily & better prospects than Louth.  Harte probably didn't want the inherent negativity.  Missed out.   Although IMO Stevie O'Neill & Enda McGinley will secure promotion with the foundations already laid for them.

Angelo

Would imagine Harte didn't want to manage another Ulster team.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Blowitupref

Quote from: Angelo on November 23, 2020, 10:22:10 PM

I'd say If the Monaghan, Donegal jobs had become available and came calling he would likely say yes.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

I am not surprised. The man lives for football but I do not think he would take an immediate Tyrone rival like Donegal or Monaghan, so I would have put my money on Louth or Leitrim, fixer upper project, not in Ulster but not too far to drive. And I do think it is necessarily big money, he could have written for the paper, appeared on Sky etc. I noted here previously that Louth have underperformed their neighbours for decades, little is expected of them and the only way is up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Aaron Boone

Division 4 for Mckey next season.  And O'Byrne Cup instead of McKenna Cup. 

Blowitupref

Quote from: Aaron Boone on November 23, 2020, 10:51:48 PM
Division 4 for Mckey next season.  And O'Byrne Cup instead of McKenna Cup.

Tailteann Cup also?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ronnie

Whilst you should've been removed from this discussion board, that probably makes sense.  I'd still have you barred.

armaghniac

He won the O'Fiaich cup with Tyrone and can now do so with Louth, if it ever runs again.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyHarp

Fair play to Mickey. A completely different challenge for him in a county who will be glad to have him. Although not competing at the business end for Sam there are reasonable targets ahead, I'd say by the end of 3 years Mickey would be expecting Louth to be in Div 2 and competing for the new 2nd tier competition and perhaps a run through the qualifiers at some point too with a big scalp or two along the way. Do Louth have any talent at u20 /u17 level coming through?
That was never a square ball!!

Baile Brigín 2

Thats what jumped out at me. Not many other jobs a 1h drive from home that he wouldn't be allergic to.

Intersting to see how it pans out, but a serious statement of intent from Louth

RedHand88

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 24, 2020, 01:53:04 AM

Thats what jumped out at me. Not many other jobs a 1h drive from home that he wouldn't be allergic to.

Intersting to see how it pans out, but a serious statement of intent from Louth

You getting worried??