Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 29, 2015, 07:22:12 PM
SIE any chance of posting the Loughiel team after the game is over?

Dd
Ding
tony 
tc
James 
johnny 
ronan
Duck 
barney
Odhran 
skinner 
eddie
Dan 
joey 
shay
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

paddyjohn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 29, 2015, 08:38:51 PM

Dd
Ding
tony 
tc
James 
johnny 
ronan
Duck 
barney
Odhran 
skinner 
eddie
Dan 
joey 
shay

Strong enough side. With Watson & Benny to come back into that side, the shams could be the team to beat. Can't understand playing Odhran McF at wing forward though.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 29, 2015, 09:12:04 PM

Dd
Ding
tony 
tc
James 
johnny 
ronan
Duck 
barney
Odhran 
skinner 
eddie
Dan 
joey 
shay

Strong enough side. With Watson & Benny to come back into that side, the shams could be the team to beat. Can't understand playing Odhran McF at wing forward though.

Have to agree.  He is not a forward.  Our half back line were under a lot of pressure in the first half and I really believe Odhran would make a real impact there.  In 2013 when we played him consistently in the half back line he was our star defender in the Antrim final v Cushendall and against Slaughtneil down in Celtic Park when we had a tough time of it.  Hopefully sense prevails.

Winker showed a few touches of class when he came on. Dan McCloskey was excellent for us, good to see him step up a level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 29, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
Was never in doubt  :o
St Galls turned to hitting of the ball after starting very sharp and had loughgiel rattled.  Half time came at the right time,  subs made all the difference.   Thank god we got going, Cdall lads that found the half time score funny weren't laughing that much at full time.  Dall still big favorites.

Hitting off the ball?? Are you serious?? Behave not our style never will be.. After half time your lads came out a ll jeed up and did some jostling... Obviously got their balls rolled by PJ at halftime.... We played outstanding for 40 minutes... But games last 60+minutes.. We had 7 lads training on Thursday night.... Senior football have trained 4 nights a week... We are the most frustrating club to be part off.. For the lads that played their hearts out well done and never give up...

The only time you knew loughgiel supporters were at Corrigan was when they went in front. 40 minutes in... Rossa were poor castle always had edge... Was talking to Ronan afterwards he was pleased but plenty to work on... Some Johnnies lads were really giving it the big talk for tomorrow...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 29, 2015, 09:20:44 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 29, 2015, 09:12:04 PM

Dd
Ding
tony 
tc
James 
johnny 
ronan
Duck 
barney
Odhran 
skinner 
eddie
Dan 
joey 
shay

Have to agree.  He is not a forward.  Our half back line were under a lot of pressure in the first half and I really believe Odhran would make a real impact there.  In 2013 when we played him consistently in the half back line he was our star defender in the Antrim final v Cushendall and against Slaughtneil down in Celtic Park when we had a tough time of it.  Hopefully sense prevails.

Winker showed a few touches of class when he came on. Dan McCloskey was excellent for us, good to see him step up a level.

Any time I've watched the county this year, he's been a good solid defender. I've watched 2/3 times this year and he's struggled.

Seamroga in exile

I've a feeling he'll not play there next game.  ;)

Minder

So was it "manly" or hitting off the ball ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

Well St Galls done the better hurling before they started into the "Manly" stuff.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 30, 2015, 12:32:30 AM
Well St Galls done the better hurling before they started into the "Manly" stuff.

Honestly?? There was no manly or dirt in the game. You've been watching another game.. Thought Owen did a great job also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Heard a rumour that dall are missing a few , any truth in this?
Will these absentees make a difference ?

From talking to a few of our boys last night it was the lougheil boys who came out at start of second half trying to throw the stick in. Somebody forgot to tell our boys to stand down 😳.

But wasn't a dirty game and I really enjoyed it. With all things taken into account our boys done our club and themselves very proud and the result for me was never in doubt as impossible to sustain our good start due to these things but great to keep the infamous loud supporters quiet and worried for 40 mins😜

What it will do will give lougheil a bit of a shake as they weren't impressive and didnt seem to have a game plan which really surprised me and their pacy full fwd line was only utilised in second half.
It will also give the other clubs a bit of a boost as this championship isn't a foregone conclusion yet

north aontroim gael

As a Loughgiel fan I didn't see any 'dirt' or overly physical stuff. Its championship FFS.  I'd agree that our support was quieter than usual and there didn't appear to be the same numbers we usually bring.  I think many thought the result was a foregone conclusion which maybe was part of the reason behind our first half performance.

I was chatting to two Rossa men during our game and they think that the Johnnies will give Cushendall a shock, I honestly don't see it.

getevennotcross

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 29, 2015, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross line
47.msg1507504#msg1507504 date=1440849439

Championshp is championship, no certainties. just possibilities.
As

I am certain Rasharkin will beat O'Donnells. I am certain  Loughiel will beat Naomh Gall. I am certain Ballycastle will beat Rossa. I am certain Dunloy will beat Clooney Gaels and I'm certain Cushendall will beat St. John's....always with the  cliché, flowery language Geteven...... And always without substance.
As Mossad/ Hebrew saying, "better to go after one than after many". Now that will have ya flummoxed, boi!

Well no major upsets but weekend is not over yet.  Just would not know what this evening will bring.  Loughgiel got a timely wake up call and the town were far from impressive. I didn't expect any major upsets but you just never know.

btdtgtt

Well little dos I know my value for money would be from the St Galls game rather than Rossa - maybe our impeccable county board new more than us after all with the curtain raiser & main event.

Cannot give St Galls enough credit. I posted earlier in the week about the ability of teams to lift it a level for championship - nobody does that like St galls! Fantastic and yet infuriating in equal measure!
There's clearly a competitiveness & will to win which is only betrayed by a lack of commitment to the code. North Antrim teams don't know their living having only one code to prepare for. Some would say Loughgiel started flat then just done enough? That's an indictment on them as championship comes round once a year - nobody is flat for that. St Galls had the bit between their teeth more like.

The Rossa Ballycastle game was poor. Two poor teams with Ballycastle either having more competitiveness or more hurling or both. But I didn't see anything in them to challenge for a volunteer cup. Rossa looked - dare I say - intermediate.

On the road this evening so I won't get to Dunloy - as confident as the johnnies are I fully expect a cushendall victory.

manballandall

Couldn't agree more btdtgtt.
Very frustrating from a hurling point of view in our club.
People don't believe us when we say we had 7 people at training last Tuesday and that's been a regular occurrence throughout the season.
We couldn't get a manager at start of season and hats off to the guys who stood in, they know their hurling but aren't coaches and as a result a lot of training we have had hasn't been great.

Not sure what the answer is, if there is one , but certainly I would love for our hurlers to train for one season the way our footballers do or hit the same number of balls dunloy or lougheil or cushendall do throughout the season .(I'd settle for half even )
Would it make a difference , certainly but I doubt we will ever know the full extent.

Lougheil weren't impressive and credit has to be given to our boys, there's nobody else who tackles the way we do

Seamroga in exile

Faughs beat the biddies by 7.