Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 23, 2015, 05:58:21 PM
While I am disgusted by the actions of the St. Johns player and I am no fan of Mr. Johnson I wouldn't agree with the other accusations about St. Johns. Always made feel more than welcome when we go up there and plenty of good hurling people in their club.
I think the post from the newbie admitted there was good people in St Johns, and there are some great people who have done a lot for Antrim Hurling. Always enjoyed the craic up there too.

There is is no doubting the success gained at underage by St John's with Johnston in charge however there have been a long line of bad incidents going back to the Feile days. This is the latest incident and by far the worst. Sleeping Giant got it 100% the other day.

Hand up

I thought the idea of this thread was to discuss the issues affecting Antrim hurling, and in my mind this is one of the biggest talking points in recent times, and one I feel compelled to comment on. Is their a better time that would be more suitable to Join?
The facts still remain the player hasn't been in touch with player or club, not good enough.
As for "get even not cross" what fall from grace are you on about?

theskull1

For a first post you just come across as a sh1t stirrer/ trouble maker

Time will tell. I could very well be wrong
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

manballandall

I heard what was said last night and it just baffles me why anyone would say anything like that to anyone at anytime , never mind at a game .
I know we all say things in the heat of the moment but that's bad

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah Tom has done a good job with them and seems to have them going well. Well done to him
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shoebox on June 24, 2015, 09:28:15 AM
I was chatting last night to a few Carey boys. They seem to have got going rightly now with a couple of good wins in a row.  Magilligan from Dunloy looking after them and they're loving the training.  I always liked Carey.  Good luck to them.   

They hurled rightly on Sunday night, I thought an improved Gorts team would have ran them closer but Carey got a good start and never looked like giving that up... Intermediate looks very interesting this year... I sincerely hope we follow up on Rossa last year and win the all Ireland intermediate again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shoebox on June 24, 2015, 09:50:04 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2015, 09:41:46 AM
They hurled rightly on Sunday night, I thought an improved Gorts team would have ran them closer but Carey got a good start and never looked like giving that up... Intermediate looks very interesting this year... I sincerely hope we follow up on Rossa last year and win the all Ireland intermediate again

St Galls in the IHC this year?
I too thought that Gort would have won that game. They have had some good results to date.  They're another small club that never seem to go away just like Carey and for that you have to respect them.

I meant an Antrim team 'we'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

Carey seem to have turned a corner in the last couple of weeks, back to consistently winning games again after a terrible start to the season. Good to see and long may it continue.

Will be very tight in that league come the end of the year with four teams relegated. Apart from Ballygalget and Glenariffe It looks like most of the teams in division two are in a relegation fight, with only a couple of points separating third and eighth. It will be a scramble right to the finish it seems.

NAG1

Quote from: shoebox on June 24, 2015, 11:00:25 AM
I get you now.  Yea the intorduction of the All Ireland Junior and Intermediate since 2005 (I think) has been a great success and gives a great incentive for smaller clubs at the beginning of the year.

Or a disincentive for the bigger clubs which ever way you want to look at it.

The Intermediate success for the Milltown men has really driven that push to the next level.....oh wait

:(

CitySlicker11

Do you mean 'Oh Wait' in terms of them moving on since their year in intermediate, the fact that they didn't win the All Ireland intermediate or both?

imtommygunn

They got to a county final??

NAG1

All of the above!

IMO they were/ are able to compete at senior level 'when' they decide that they feel like it, therefore ala Rossa didnt belong or need to go to intermediate.

The wider point being that maybe their reasoning to drop down was to bring more players through, this has not materialised either. Just look at recent events around the u21 farce.

Not trying to be overly harsh and it is as much an individual player problem as it is a club issue.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on June 24, 2015, 12:29:51 PM
All of the above!

IMO they were/ are able to compete at senior level 'when' they decide that they feel like it, therefore ala Rossa didnt belong or need to go to intermediate.

The wider point being that maybe their reasoning to drop down was to bring more players through, this has not materialised either. Just look at recent events around the u21 farce.

Not trying to be overly harsh and it is as much an individual player problem as it is a club issue.

I know you jest  :o we could only dream of doing as well as your club in the all ireland series ....... oh wait

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2015, 01:38:03 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 24, 2015, 12:29:51 PM
All of the above!

I know you jest  :o we could only dream of doing as well as your club in the all ireland series ....... oh wait

Oh touchee  ;)

reddog

Quote from: Hand up on June 23, 2015, 09:53:43 PM
I thought the idea of this thread was to discuss the issues affecting Antrim hurling, and in my mind this is one of the biggest talking points in recent times, and one I feel compelled to comment on. Is their a better time that would be more suitable to Join?
The facts still remain the player hasn't been in touch with player or club, not good enough.
As for "get even not cross" what fall from grace are you on about?
I would question how you are aware of what has and hasn't went on and what business is it of yours? Michael has denied saying this and also claimed that he was subjected to significant abuse and targeted from the outset. It is not his job to claim or prove his innocence. He has behaved impeccably as he always does. He is quiet , keeps his counsel and is totally dedicated to his sport. There is accusations of racial abuse being directed at st johns players but they are not on here complaining.  Right now he is perhaps the most natural hurler in the province and you through a witchhunt of behind the keyboard warriors are in danger of driving him away. As a friend Michael knows I or his other friends wouldn't defend him if he did it but I am not going to let you or others abuse him for no reason. I am free to discuss this with you at any stage you wish.