Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGeneral

St Johns Surely be favourites, This team was their ulster minor winning team that did the double in football and hurling a few years back I think, and even at that they've gained some talented youngsters.

Wouldnt write Cdall of either though, Should be a close game. If it goes ahead.

St Johns be vying for blood after the let down of last year.
Goals win championships

Jeepers Creepers

A couple of red cards of Monday night in the ballycastle game might be why they couldn't field?

manballandall

St galls could field.
From what I can gather the decision was taken by the team management in the interest of player welfare not to field .
There were some players expected to play games Sunday , Monday, Wednesday , Friday and Sunday again.
And one player expected to play for antrim on Saturday too.

Also I believe the county football management asked for some senior hurling games to be called off on Friday night but was refused .
St galls 3 players have agreed to play for club on Friday night.
Hardly great preparation for a championship match .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on June 18, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
St galls could field.
From what I can gather the decision was taken by the team management in the interest of player welfare not to field .
There were some players expected to play games Sunday , Monday, Wednesday , Friday and Sunday again.

Also I believe the county football management asked for some senior hurling games to be called off on Friday night but was refused .

Same for most clubs, whats the point of entering teams in competitions if we don't see them out? Beating Ballycastle was a pointless exercise in my opinion then. The Johnnies would have had the same commitment to club and county also I'd assume... annoys the feck out of me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2015, 11:35:26 AM
Quote from: manballandall on June 18, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
St galls could field.

this, why enter a team to then throw the toys out? what does it cost to enter a championship anyway is it circa £500? then what is the fine for a championship FTF, £300? clubs find it hard enough to get money together without doing stupid things like this, also it means the dall go into the final without a semi final, not fair on them either. Feel sorry for some of the galls lads who are possibly out of minor and not good at senior level and this was a big game for them, this is becoming too common practice in antrim (not a slight on st galls)

Same for most clubs, whats the point of entering teams in competitions if we don't see them out? Beating Ballycastle was a pointless exercise in my opinion then. The Johnnies would have had the same commitment to club and county also I'd assume... annoys the feck out of me

manballandall

I have to agree MR2, if I was a player I wouldn't be too happy as it is them that is missing out. They should have at least been consulted.

Na Glinntí Glasa

prob is shoebox is that those dates are all set in stone for championship at the start of the year for each club who enters that competition. Its set no matter if your a dual club or not.

We have it all the time here as well. Senior football last night, senior hurling sat night. Just the way it is for dual clubs
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: shoebox on June 18, 2015, 03:57:45 PM
I understand that the championship dates are set in stone.  The days before those games are normally (rightly) free from games but are used for refixes and when a dual club - as you will rightly know - this causes difficulty in a week leading up to championship.

I understand that the refixed game can be changed if the other club agrees to it but this leaves it open for abuse.  Clubs in need of points would look at that as an opportunity to capitalise (i.e. Clooney Gaels this Friday).  Whereas if the option is taken away because it is either a) in the interest of player welfare or b) because it is simply unfair on the opposition, then the right thing will have been done.

The principle of promoting both hurling and football (not to mention the others) should be promoted and not punished.

Unfortunately those days are long gone. The county have in fairness acknowledged that ship has sailed. Root cause? The inordinate amount of time taken up by county teams limits the club calendar so much. Dual clubs it seems are a luxury gaa administration can't afford. 

Na Glinntí Glasa

just seen this on the antrim twitter page

The phase 1 building Contract has been awarded to Downpatrick firm  Russell Bros. Changing Rooms etc at Dunsilly will start asap
hurl like f**k boi!

Megaman

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 19, 2015, 04:30:23 PM

The phase 1 building Contract has been awarded to Downpatrick firm  Russell Bros. Changing Rooms etc at Dunsilly will start asap

Saw it out for tender a few weeks ago, didn't think anything would come of it though.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Megaman on June 19, 2015, 04:45:55 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 19, 2015, 04:30:23 PM

Saw it out for tender a few weeks ago, didn't think anything would come of it though.

Some sweetener money has appeared from somewhere as a softener from Casement? Surely not!

Na Glinntí Glasa

im surprised at this announcement as i still dont understand how people will get into the place! there still a tiny access under the railway line, if this is the main way in still (which i assume it is)
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Ah that's the plan. Appoint the constructor and insert penalty clauses for completion. Make sure they can't get into the place and the project overruns by years. County financial problems resolved. Lol.

I have heard murmurs of access problems too but no way a construction firm would apply if they were going to have any access related problems.

Good to see some positive movement on this longstanding matter.

manballandall

Good win for st galls tonight despite everything . Hopefully can kick start a few more

Seamroga in exile

Should be a tight game tonight between the old enemies. We don't have a full squad to travel over so a great chance for the young fellas to show what they've got. Nice geansaí dunloy realist.  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"