The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 15, 2019, 02:40:57 PM
Another niggly squad injury though. Not what's needed for title-chasers.

You may just pray VVD does not get injured. All over if he is out for a few games.

dec

Quote from: laoislad on January 15, 2019, 01:52:27 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 15, 2019, 12:59:24 PM
Trent out for 4 weeks and Wijnaldum very doubtful for Palace.

Going to stretch the squad! At least Matip is back, although it usually takes him a few games to get up to speed.
So either Milner or Fabinho to right back v Palace, with the other in midfield.
Zaha will be up against whichever one is RB   ???

Poor decision to let Clyne go!
Sky Sports saying TAA only out for 2 weeks.
Gomez fit again also.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11608017/liverpools-trent-alexander-arnold-faces-two-weeks-out-with-knee-injury

"Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold is likely to be out for at least two weeks with a knee injury, Sky Sports News understands."

TabClear

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 15, 2019, 01:28:55 PM

Going to stretch the squad! At least Matip is back, although it usually takes him a few games to get up to speed.

I presume you can recall Clyne if you need to? But it will be Milner at Right Back I'd say. That's grand.

I dont think you can have a right of recall if it is a club in the same division. Open to correction though. In any case Liverpool do not have a right on Clyne.

If we can gte through the Palace game I think there is a weeks break before the next league game because of the cup exit. Hopefully have Gomez fully fit again after that. Milner can do a job there but you will miss attacking that TAA gives you.

Rumours making a bid for Coady from Wolves? Former Youth Team captain who has done well at CB.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: TabClear on January 15, 2019, 03:22:51 PM

I presume you can recall Clyne if you need to? But it will be Milner at Right Back I'd say. That's grand.

I dont think you can have a right of recall if it is a club in the same division. Open to correction though. In any case Liverpool do not have a right on Clyne.

If we can gte through the Palace game I think there is a weeks break before the next league game because of the cup exit. Hopefully have Gomez fully fit again after that. Milner can do a job there but you will miss attacking that TAA gives you.

Rumours making a bid for Coady from Wolves? Former Youth Team captain who has done well at CB.

No recall option for Clyne. Matip is back training. He can come back to CB, Fabinho to midfield and Milner to RB.
Clyne has barely played in 2 years - can cope without him.

gawa316

Fabinho plays rb for Brazil so also an option

Hound

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 15, 2019, 04:35:34 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 15, 2019, 03:22:51 PM

No recall option for Clyne. Matip is back training. He can come back to CB, Fabinho to midfield and Milner to RB.
Clyne has barely played in 2 years - can cope without him.
Yeah, and Gomez not back for Palace but should be back after that.

Still I'd prefer Clyne right back over Milner against a speedy winger. He played well against the mancs (super really considering the long absence) and he's always been reasonably decent. It's odd the way Klopp discarded him completely, unlike say Moreno who is regularly on the bench. Clyne is definitely a better full back than Moreno, including a better left back.
While TAA is clearly better overall and will hopefully develop into a top class player, and is miles better going forward than Clyne, I'd still rate Clyne as a better defender and would have kept him as second choice and to fill in now and again when TAA needs resting.

I would sooner have had Clyne in right back and Gomez centre back rather than Gomez right back and one of Lov/Matip centre back.

He must have had some clash with Klopp to be discarded the way he has been.

imtommygunn

Clyne was decent for Bournemouth against Everton at the weekend. He seems to have a lot of speed about him. Bernard has a lot of tricks but he was always closed down by Clyne. Seemed solid and very fast.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2019, 04:54:54 PM
Clyne was decent for Bournemouth against Everton at the weekend. He seems to have a lot of speed about him. Bernard has a lot of tricks but he was always closed down by Clyne. Seemed solid and very fast.

I wouldn't say he is particularly fast, problem has always been he is so limited with the ball at his feet. Klopp had obviously seen enough & thinks he has enough cover
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnnycool

Quote from: Minder on January 15, 2019, 07:11:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2019, 04:54:54 PM

I wouldn't say he is particularly fast, problem has always been he is so limited with the ball at his feet. Klopp had obviously seen enough & thinks he has enough cover

Bernard has all the tricks, but no real speed, Walcott has all the speed but no tricks.

gawa316

Is there a better left back out there?

cadhlancian

Not that I've seen this year, absolutely immense this year 👍🏻

gawa316

imtommygunn

Massive game today. This is the kind of game Liverpool would typically drop points on.