Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 04, 2020, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 04:40:23 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 04, 2020, 04:32:36 PM
That has to be up there with one of the most stupid black card fouls I've ever seen!

Stupid for giving it or stupid by the player for deliberately pushing the man to the ground?

A push isn't a black card offence though is it?

It is when he deliberately felled him

I remember when it came out if was a deliberate trip, pull down, body collision, verbal abuse of teammate and verbal abuse of referee. Has this since been changed?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 04, 2020, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 04, 2020, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 04:40:23 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 04, 2020, 04:32:36 PM
That has to be up there with one of the most stupid black card fouls I've ever seen!

Stupid for giving it or stupid by the player for deliberately pushing the man to the ground?

A push isn't a black card offence though is it?

It is when he deliberately felled him

I remember when it came out if was a deliberate trip, pull down, body collision, verbal abuse of teammate and verbal abuse of referee. Has there since been changed?

So it's ok to just run around and push people to the ground off the ball, it was no tackle and he used his body (arms) to bring a player to the ground
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Surely by the book though it isn't a black??

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Rudi on January 04, 2020, 04:39:35 PM
MDMA has to be one of the most over rated GAA players of all time.

He has SEVEN senior All Ireland medals ..... ::) ::)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2020, 05:21:54 PM

His deliberate actions brought a player down off the ball, the ref was I think consulted by the linesman and gave a black card on his say.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on January 04, 2020, 05:31:02 PM

Yeah its some Dublin side that can carry him.

Mourne Rover

That was a serious Kilcoo performance against physically stronger opposition who benefited from a series of tight decisions. It took the referee quite a while to realise that Ballyboden were consistantly taking out Kilcoo players as they released the ball, but McAuley's foul was probably the third in the same sequence of play and he had to go. While there seemed to be plenty of verbals from both sides, Kilcoo kept their overall discipline better throughout. Their defence was outstanding, with Ryan McEvoy doing an unbelieveable job for a teenage full back, and Laverty proved again that, regardless of your size and age, a football brain will take you a long way.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 05:37:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2020, 05:21:54 PM

His deliberate actions brought a player down off the ball, the ref was I think consulted by the linesman and gave a black card on his say.

Fair enough. I thought it had to be a trip / pulled down rather than just deliberate.

larryin89

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on January 04, 2020, 05:31:02 PM

And fair play to him but a donkey in football skills terms , the epitome of the fantastic athlete of modern Gaelic football .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

skeog

Kilcoo totally deserved victory,hopefully can win it now.MM showed a bit of emotion near the end.Good to see wonderful coach who is also a gentleman off the field.

larryin89

Quote from: skeog on January 04, 2020, 06:10:07 PM
Kilcoo totally deserved victory,hopefully can win it now.MM showed a bit of emotion near the end.Good to see wonderful coach who is also a gentleman off the field.

Delighted for him . Should be a cracker of a final I'm thinking , two very good sides . Hard to call
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Walter Cronc

Can dry his tears on the brown envelope.

yellowcard

Kilcoo got their tactics spot on today. Defend in numbers and then break quickly from defence. They made life hell for the Ballyboden forwards despite a series of soft free. Kicks going against them. They created 3 clear goal chances with some very good interplay. It's a great achievement from a small rural club just to make the final. Corofin will be worthy favourites and although they are a better footballing side, if Kilcoo can bring the same level of manic aggression to the final then they will have a chance.

From the Bunker

Yes, years after his involvement with Mayo he called to a local man in his late 50's from our area to see him before he died from terminal Cancer. A round trip probably 6 hours to see a low profile man he knew that used to open the dressing rooms and give them access to a local pitch back when he was involved with Mayo.