Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on January 27, 2017, 02:40:29 PM
Last few times I've watched him on TV thought it was noticeable he's had a bit of a makeover, no more substitute geography teacher vibe.

He's a thoroughly uninspiring leader in my opinion. As much as I would like Labour to do well they need an imposing and charismatic figure to lead them into the next Election.

If they could get the right person at the helm and take the thing by the scruff of the neck they could wipe the floor with the Tories who are sitting ducks at present. The country wants change as could be seen in Brexit and I don't think Teresa May is what they were hoping for!!!

johnneycool

Quote from: AQMP on January 27, 2017, 03:22:38 PM
There's something in me has a lot of time for Corbyn but he's made a complete mess of Brexit from start to finish.  Obviously he was a Leave voter, but his lukewarm "support" for Remain was a contributory factor in Labour's lack of a clear message on where they stood.  Now the arch rebel imposes a three line whip on Article 50.  If he was still a back bencher he'd be busting a gut to rebel!

Corbyn as a back bencher is supposed to have voted against the party whip 400 odd times, so he can hardly complain when others follow his lead in that regard.

Did he knock off Diane Abbott as she still defends him to the hilt?

No wides

Quote from: AQMP on January 27, 2017, 03:22:38 PM
There's something in me has a lot of time for Corbyn but he's made a complete mess of Brexit from start to finish.  Obviously he was a Leave voter, but his lukewarm "support" for Remain was a contributory factor in Labour's lack of a clear message on where they stood. Now the arch rebel imposes a three line whip on Article 50.  If he was still a back bencher he'd be busting a gut to rebel!

Nail on head - "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

johnneycool

seafoid

Brexit is a joke

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/27/never-mind-the-optics-theresa-mays-us-dash-was-mortifying
"He will have seen May as that most desperate of creatures: the housebuyer who rashly sold her old house before she had found a new one. Having tossed away Britain's keys to the European single market, she will soon be homeless – and Trump knows it. For all the niceties – May's shrewd deployment of a royal invitation for a state visit and her compliment to the president on his "stunning election victory", flattery which saw Trump glow a brighter shade of orange – he will have seen May as a sucker who needs to make a deal. And he will look forward to naming his price.

What would such a deal look like? Tariffs between the US and the UK are already low, so it is the dropping of a different kind of barrier that Trump would be after. That could be a softening of the food standards that have kept out hormone-injected US beef. Or granting access to the NHS to overcharging US drug companies. Or a relaxation in environmental or labour rules that, set with our onetime EU partners, proved too onerous for US firms until now.

When Trump demands all that, May – needing a deal, any deal, to prove that Brexit is not a disaster – will struggle to say no. And what would be gained? One study, released on Friday, estimated that leaving the single market would bring a loss in UK trade of up to 30% – while a new deal with the US might boost it by a meagre 2%"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/27/theresa-may-new-friends-strongmen-erdogan-trump-brexit
Theresa May will discuss trade, defence and security with Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Turkey's president, when she visits Ankara on Saturday, according to Downing Street.
"But the meeting, immediately following May's summit with Donald Trump, conceals a more ambitious, perhaps even desperate British agenda: May's bid to enhance Britain's ties with a club of strongman leaders in the US, Israel, Turkey and Poland as relations fray with key EU players, notably France and Germany"

https://www.ft.com/content/feb883bd-577f-31c6-b977-1c8082eccbad
Fitch has become the latest agency to cut Turkey's sovereign borrower rating, stripping the country of its last remaining investment grade status with a major credit institution.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2017, 08:01:17 AM
Brexit is a joke

You keep coming out with shite and other soundbites, it's happening, get over it, most of the shite you post is pure fiction.  The economy is still growing, EU won't f**k UK over as they need their nuclear capability to halt Russian aggression, it may be a joke to you but it is a reality for the rest of the population, hopefully article 50 is triggered soon and the process begins.  The 5p meanies crisps I think are up to 6p - we are all doomed!

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on January 28, 2017, 09:34:42 AM
Brexit is a joke

You keep coming out with shite and other soundbites, it's happening, get over it, most of the shite you post is pure fiction.  The economy is still growing, EU won't f**k UK over as they need their nuclear capability to halt Russian aggression, it may be a joke to you but it is a reality for the rest of the population, hopefully article 50 is triggered soon and the process begins.  The 5p meanies crisps I think are up to 6p - we are all doomed!
So a 30% drop in trade is feasible, is it ?

armaghniac

Brexit is a joke

The economy is still growing as people are spending. Spending make sense as prices are going up, but they are buying on tick, household debt has soared by two-fifths in just six months. Aviva's Family Finances report found that average debt now stands at £13,520 – a climb of £4,000 from £9,520 last summer. That added to a government with now one of highest deficits in Europe, other places reduced their deficit when things improved, the UK is borrowing the growth.  But most of all Brexit hasn't happened yet and most of the banks moving etc haven't moved.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

May - Trump -Erdogan. Some axis of evil
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2017, 11:23:54 AM
Brexit is a joke

All scaremongering - have to say you love the scaremongering, I hear since my last post 2p has went on a creme egg - we are all fucked!

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on January 28, 2017, 05:34:36 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2017, 11:23:54 AM
Brexit is a joke

All scaremongering - have to say you love the scaremongering, I hear since my last post 2p has went on a creme egg - we are all fucked!
It''s systematic
If Brexit is rational why has sterling tanked? Why didn't sterling strengthen?

No wides

All currencies fluctuate. If brexit didnt happen what would post here. Most of your articles are pure fiction.

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on January 29, 2017, 08:48:35 AM
All currencies fluctuate. If brexit didnt happen what would post here. Most of your articles are pure fiction.
Sterling has fallen by 50% against the CHF since 2007 , snowflake. That is not "fluctuation"

No wides

I thought the eu referendum vote was June last year.

armaghniac

Good to the see the DUP worried about NI farmers, given that they advocated leaving the EU in the first place!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCM2bTfE-8w
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B