Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

This is just horrendous ... it seems to be falling to bits like a house of cards.... Regarding the ability of people to "act innocent" when they are under pressure in criminal circumstances, it has been well-documented throughout history. If you are in a hole you should stop digging - and this is one massive hole the McCanns have dug for themselves. Everybody from the Pope down has been led a merry dance ... not to mention that the Algarve has lost millions in tourism etc.. Deep down all people are capable of evil and this is a prime example. If this is "manslaughter" - which I suspect it is - the fact that they have led this campaign to cover their guilt is just as evil as the child's death. I feel very sad for everyone involved - but let's not forget that a young girl lost her life to what seems to have been at best an act of supreme selfishness and neglect!

Donagh

From what I've heard on the radio this "arguida" craic isn't quite as bad as Sky are making it out to be. Apparently it's not uncommon for witnesses involved in trials in Portugal to be declared "arguida" or even ask for it themselves. It affords the person a few of the rights given normally to witnesses over here i.e. the right to a solicitor and silence and doesn't necessarily mean the person is a 'suspect' in the way we would interpret it.

ONeill

As regards the booing, a cold silence would have been far more dignified.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

full back

There seems to be a bit of an issue here with finding Maddie's blood on the seat of the hire car the Mc Cann's rented out 25 days after the disappearance.
If this is true they are guilty as fcuk

screenexile

Yeah apparently there is some kind of list of questions that the police want to ask her and they can only do this if she is an "arguida". Shocking stuff alright but again it's another trial by media.... for all intents and purposes the mother could be completely innocent yet the event of today could completely tar her and her family forever, especially if they do not catch anyone over this.

I'm not saying the mother didn't do it but we have a justice system for a reason and we have to respect that nobody has any evidence as of yet to prove her guilty and she is innocent until proven otherwise!

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: full back on September 07, 2007, 02:22:50 PM
There seems to be a bit of an issue here with finding Maddie's blood on the seat of the hire car the Mc Cann's rented out 25 days after the disappearance.
If this is true they are guilty as fcuk

However we are lead to believe that the police theory is that Madeleine died in the apartment on 3rd May.  I'm no forensic scientist but how would a blood "stain" (as reported on BBC) transfer itself to the seat of a car at least 25 days later??  The only thing I can think is that dried blood from Kate McCann's clothing somehow survived washing and turned up in that car.  Unless the McCann's had a hired car on the night of the "disappearance" and were hired the same car 25 days later ???  Have I been watching too much Midsomer Murders or would Judge John Deed laugh this out of court??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

screenexile

Horatio Caine would have it sorted out in no time at all. The man's a legend in the world of forensic science!!!

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on September 07, 2007, 02:04:52 PM
From what I've heard on the radio this "arguida" craic isn't quite as bad as Sky are making it out to be. Apparently it's not uncommon for witnesses involved in trials in Portugal to be declared "arguida" or even ask for it themselves. It affords the person a few of the rights given normally to witnesses over here i.e. the right to a solicitor and silence and doesn't necessarily mean the person is a 'suspect' in the way we would interpret it.

Correct, it's no different to the rules in  the UK were you get arrested but as a witness not a suspect. It just means that you're questioned under caution and have access to legal advice etc. It doesn't mean that she's any more guilty (or any more innocent) than she was yesterday.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SammyG on September 07, 2007, 02:50:35 PM

Correct, it's no different to the rules in  the UK were you get arrested but as a witness not a suspect. It just means that you're questioned under caution and have access to legal advice etc. It doesn't mean that she's any more guilty (or any more innocent) than she was yesterday.

But if what is being reported now that she is going to be charged with accidental death is true,they must have some evidence to point in the direction of her being guilty of something and thus making her more guilty than she was yesterday
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SammyG

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 07, 2007, 03:03:36 PM
Quote from: SammyG on September 07, 2007, 02:50:35 PM

But if what is being reported now that she is going to be charged with accidental death is true,they must have some evidence to point in the direction of her being guilty of something and thus making her more guilty than she was yesterday

Probably true and I've been saying that the parents did it since day one but changing her to a 'suspect' doesn't affect that. It will only change when she's charged and put before a court.

brokencrossbar1

Being deemed a suspect allows the police to ask certain questions but also allows the suspects legal advisor more access to the evidence being put to the McCann's.  Given the nature of the Portuguese legal system and the whole restrictions on reporting the fact that this has happened, coupled with the apparent indication by the McCann's lawyer that there is a high possibility of a charge, the evidence must be fairly strong. 

But as has been correctly pointed out they are no more guilty or innocent than they were before the change of status.  It would be akin to having attended the police station as a volunteer for questioning, where a  person can leave without the police preventing it, and then being arrested and cautioned, where there is no right to leave, but your rights to legal advice increase.

The ironic thing is that after all the backing that the McCann's received through the incessant media coverage in Britain, it is a british forensics team who seem to have confirmed the evidence against them.

The Real Laoislad

Gerry McCann just gone into Police station
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Police are finished questioning Kate McCann  and have not charged her with anything
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Just to throw a spanner in the works here,
Whats the story now with Robert Murat now - had they any evidence against him or was it just a hunch?

My Mrs had a concept a few weeks ago - The parents disposed of the body after the child had been accidentally killed by the parent/s when they were drunk.
I laughed her out of the room - what an absurd idea :o

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on September 07, 2007, 03:47:45 PM
What is an arguida? The boy on BBC News 24 just said "She is an arguida which means she is an official suspect at the minute".
Are peoples (board members) opinions changing about the parents?

Its a small lizard found in sub-sahara africa.