The Patronising Dublin Fan Thread

Started by Sidney, August 09, 2014, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Well the scoreboard may have implied that things were one-sided today, but we in Dublin know that wasn't the case at all.

The game turned on a crucial decision early in the second half. Kildare had been dominating Dublin since the restart, but a crucial decision when Kildare should have had a goal when the referee failed to play advantage effectively decided the outcome. Had that been given, as it should have been, it would have been anybody's match.

Certainly we in Dublin know that a repeat of today's performance won't be good enough to win the final against Westmeath.

What we've seen this weekend shows that Leinster football as a whole is in great shape. Westmeath's historic win over Meath will surely go down as the match of the year, and Wexford brushing aside Down and Louth brushing aside Leitrim show that there is excellent strength in depth in the province.

Kildare's thumping victory over Dublin in the minor match today also shows that our neighbours are well placed to capitalise on any downturn in our performance in the near future, and that notions of continued sustained Dublin dominance in Leinster into the future are laughable.

We go into the final with a puncher's chance, but nobody in the capital is under any illusions about the size of the task. We need to improve to have a chance of winning.

We're on our last legs and just hoping to wring the last drop out of this current team, because we know it won't last.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 28, 2015, 07:55:03 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 28, 2015, 04:33:42 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 20, 2015, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 15, 2015, 04:16:32 PM
Kildare bottle it when any pressure comes on, like the Leinster final of 03. I don't believe Kildare have won many Leinsters since then either. They always have a mess in their panse and kick wide after wide when they have a chance. :D

:-X

:D :D :D :D :D

It didn't take long for the brown stains to appear on Kildares shorts this time!!!!!!

Sure Laois might get another shot at us in the backdoor......

We can't because we're out. Not surprising that a Lily doesn't know much about football. I'm sure you've all learned how difficult it is to play against a county with far more population than you after todays spanking. :D

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 28, 2015, 10:26:08 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 28, 2015, 07:55:03 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 28, 2015, 04:33:42 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 20, 2015, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 15, 2015, 04:16:32 PM
Kildare bottle it when any pressure comes on, like the Leinster final of 03. I don't believe Kildare have won many Leinsters since then either. They always have a mess in their panse and kick wide after wide when they have a chance. :D

:-X

:D :D :D :D :D

It didn't take long for the brown stains to appear on Kildares shorts this time!!!!!!

Sure Laois might get another shot at us in the backdoor......

We can't because we're out. Not surprising that a Lily doesn't know much about football. I'm sure you've all learned how difficult it is to play against a county with far more population than you after todays spanking. :D

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Sidney

All of Dublin is fully focussed on the task at hand. That goes for both the team and INTERNET blowhards like INDIANA. It's a Leinster final which could go either way. Westmeath will be a very tough nut to crack. Nobody should be under any illusions that today will be easy. It won't. Dublin need to up their performance big time from the last day. If the team can do that, they have a chance.

Sidney

Those familiar butterflies that can only a knockout championship match can engender are once again floating in my stomach. The reality that we could be out of the championship by 5:30pm today has hit home in a big way this morning. I'm sick with nerves.

T Fearon

I'd say your stomach will be fully settled by 4.05pm!

Sidney

Strong wind behind Dublin in that first half. This is far from over.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Sidney on August 02, 2015, 04:52:48 PM
Strong wind behind Dublin in that first half. This is far from over.

Yeah, if Fermanagh think they will get away with a 10 point loss they are kidding themselves. This is far from over!

armaghniac

I see the Dub  boo boys are at it again. No wonder everyone loves the boys in blue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sidney

Nobody can say Dublin now haven't been tested. Just glad to get through today.

Sidney

I'm gutted I wasn't at Croke Park today so I could have patronisingly congratulated Fermanagh people on their performance, with a big patronising grin on my face.

They won a lot of friends today.

sid waddell

Well, the old story with Dublin-Kerry games played out once again. Kerry were written up by the media, all the talk was of revenge, hurt and how they were going to blow Dublin away, whereas Dublin, as usual, kept quiet, played the poor mouth, and did their talking on the pitch.

Trademark Jackeen cute hoorism wins the day yet again. Yerra.

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on August 29, 2016, 01:27:11 PM
Well, the old story with Dublin-Kerry games played out once again. Kerry were written up by the media, all the talk was of revenge, hurt and how they were going to blow Dublin away, whereas Dublin, as usual, kept quiet, played the poor mouth, and did their talking on the pitch.

Trademark Jackeen cute hoorism wins the day yet again. Yerra.

Kerry won a lot of friends with that performance yesterday.

Jinxy

Fair play, they fought all the way to the end and never gave up.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Dublin's high performance culture > Kerry's tradition.

Had a pain in my bollix all week listening to Kerry legend after Kerry legend going on about "hunger, revenge, pain, wanting it more, belief" and every other sporting cliche in the book.

What ever about best ever, impossible judge teams across different eras this Dublin team is the best prepared ever.

I never once doubted Dublin would win that game yesterday. Great ambassadors for Leinster Football.
#newbridgeornowhere