The Patronising Dublin Fan Thread

Started by Sidney, August 09, 2014, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I wonder is there as recognisable figure on any other team in that sort of cartoon drawing? Gooch I suppose with the red hair, and maybe Jamie Clarke with the curly afro.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 15, 2015, 04:21:13 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 15, 2015, 04:16:32 PM
Kildare bottle it when any pressure comes on, like the Leinster final of 03. I don't believe Kildare have won many Leinsters since then either. They always have a mess in their panse and kick wide after wide when they have a chance. :D

What is it now 10 years since you beat us in the Championship, and you won a final against 13 men well done Laois, Micko did well in fairness to get Alan Barry sent off. What is it the Dubs call you again, lemons!!

It's no surprise to see a West Dub robbing a line from their Eastern neighbours! Yes 10 years since we gave you a whipping and 12 years since we got the glorious Leinster championship victory, that's not the last time the white shorts had a brown stain on them though. It's a regular occurance for the Lilys.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 15, 2015, 04:25:18 PM
I wonder is there as recognisable figure on any other team in that sort of cartoon drawing? Gooch I suppose with the red hair, and maybe Jamie Clarke with the curly afro.

Willie Heff
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 15, 2015, 04:30:44 PM

Willie Heff

A cult hero. He earned our grudging respect by going toe to toe with Clocker and Jimmy Grennan.

twohands!!!

Quote from: J70 on June 15, 2015, 04:17:56 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 15, 2015, 03:56:32 PM
Have we a chance here lads?

WTF?

Are those odds records in senior football, outside of the NY and KK footballers?

Dublin were 1/200 against the Longford, so looked at that way the bookies are saying that Kildare's chances of beating Dublin are 6 times what Longford's chances were.

Currently Armagh are 1/50 against Wicklow while Tyrone are 1/25 against Limerick

Dinny Breen

There is, can't remember where I robbed it, the artist had a good few. I'll see if I can dig it out.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 15, 2015, 04:30:28 PM
Kildare bottle it when any pressure comes on, like the Leinster final of 03. I don't believe Kildare have won many Leinsters since then either. They always have a mess in their panse and kick wide after wide when they have a chance. :D

What is it now 10 years since you beat us in the Championship, and you won a final against 13 men well done Laois, Micko did well in fairness to get Alan Barry sent off. What is it the Dubs call you again, lemons!!

It's no surprise to see a West Dub robbing a line from their Eastern neighbours! Yes 10 years since we gave you a whipping and 12 years since we got the glorious Leinster championship victory, that's not the last time the white shorts had a brown stain on them though. It's a regular occurance for the Lilys.

West Dub!  ;D

The beautiful irony being that Leo Turley himself is now exiled in Leixlip.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 15, 2015, 04:34:07 PM

West Dub!  ;D

He's there to teach you how to kick points when the pressure comes on. No better man.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 15, 2015, 04:33:51 PM

There is, can't remember where I robbed it, the artist had a good few. I'll see if I can dig it out.

This is the guy who does them, http://conordonnelly.com/ - only a few on his website.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 15, 2015, 04:37:32 PM

West Dub!  ;D

He's there to teach you how to kick points when the pressure comes on. No better man.

Certainly worked the oracle in the second half on Saturday.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 15, 2015, 04:39:47 PM

West Dub!  ;D

It did but it wont work against the Dubs, maybe if you had robbed Donie on us when Geezer was there you might have a chance. Or maybe Seanie will make a comeback. :D

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 15, 2015, 04:42:34 PM

West Dub!  ;D

It did but it wont work against the Dubs, maybe if you had robbed Donie on us when Geezer was there you might have a chance. Or maybe Seanie will make a comeback. :D

We'll take Billy Sheehan if he's going?

He can bring his megaphone to drown out the Hill.

Dinny Breen

West Dub!  ;D

Sure Donie is from Carlow, not to mention the bold Billy 'Angry Man' Sheehan.

Beaten to it.
#newbridgeornowhere

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 15, 2015, 04:46:05 PM

West Dub!  ;D

Even Billy would be able to hit points under pressure better than a Kildare man and that's saying something. Kildare need some sort of new recruitment drive anyway, the long stretch since their last Leinster title is getting close to 20 years!!!! And them with over 200,000 people. :D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 15, 2015, 04:50:34 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 15, 2015, 04:46:05 PM

West Dub!  ;D

Even Billy would be able to hit points under pressure better than a Kildare man and that's saying something. Kildare need some sort of new recruitment drive anyway, the long stretch since their last Leinster title is getting close to 20 years!!!! And them with over 200,000 people. :D

That's a lot of mouths to feed though and the Dubs have all the money, they might let us do a bucket collection outside their home ground Sunday week though. Pity and all that.
#newbridgeornowhere