Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: updownup on July 10, 2023, 02:24:10 PM
Down Intermediate and Junior Championships have a six-week break from the last league match, then a single game and another five-week break before the last two games of a round-robin. The top two teams go to a final, what is the purpose of having these championships so spaced out when they could be finished by the end of summer?

I think you have that wrong. Junior have 3 week and Intermediate has 2 weeks until start of championships.

Junior groups starts 26th Aug Weekend and Ends 9th Sept weekend.

updownup

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 10, 2023, 02:34:01 PM
Down Intermediate and Junior Championships have a six-week break from the last league match, then a single game and another five-week break before the last two games of a round-robin. The top two teams go to a final, what is the purpose of having these championships so spaced out when they could be finished by the end of summer?

I think you have that wrong. Junior have 3 week and Intermediate has 2 weeks until start of championships.

Junior groups starts 26th Aug Weekend and Ends 9th Sept weekend.

Was supposed to mention this was hurling I was talking about sorry!

But still can't put my head around the gap.

Mourne Red

Still tickets available through clubs if anyone needs them. Only Hogan Stand and only Adult tickets though

johnnycool

Down Hurling Intermediate and Junior Championships have a six-week break from the last league match, then a single game and another five-week break before the last two games of a round-robin. The top two teams go to a final, what is the purpose of having these championships so spaced out when they could be finished by the end of summer?

To run into the Ulster club championships I presume.

Bottom two teams in the senior championship go into the intermediate so that'll need played off before the semi-finals and finals can be set.

5times5times

any single tickets going folks?

statto

Quote from: 5times5times on July 12, 2023, 12:16:43 PM
county board office open to 330pm with limited number of tickets said on their facebook page.

Lazer

Quote from: 5times5times on July 12, 2023, 12:16:43 PM

I think I have a spare hill.ticket if you interested?
Available for collection in Castlewellan/Newcastle area
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

ardtole

Are we expecting any changes for Saturdays game? For me McEvoy has to start.

snoopdog

Will many Down people travel to croke pk tomorrow.? Not much of a build up from the national press, they're all about the semi finals. Hope we get over the line. Can't afford a poor start like the longford game. 2 great performances since that.

ardtole

I'm concerned about the weather, the forecast is similar to the Amagh game in Clones this year. This game is definitely gone under the radar barely gets a mention.

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on July 14, 2023, 07:02:28 AM
Will many Down people travel to croke pk tomorrow.? Not much of a build up from the national press, they're all about the semi finals. Hope we get over the line. Can't afford a poor start like the longford game. 2 great performances since that.
Down will have big support tomorrow, lots travelling down, hopefully weather isn't too bad.
nil satis nisi optimum

ardtole

I'm in Dublin today, and it's lashing rain and very windy and the same forecast for tomorrow. Dreadful conditions for football.

urbangael

Conditions will be a leveller.  Makes it more difficult to play the running game but I'm sure Down will not be afraid to go direct at times.  Can't see McEvoy start.  The Armagh game done him no favours. Andre Murnin had a field day.   He  can't play the same game he does for Kilcoo as he does for Down.  Full back needs to stay at home and marshall the square.  Let the corner men attack if need be. Meath will go direct and probably more physical.  Won't be much between the teams.  Down by 2.  I hope we haven't used up all our goals!!

ardtole

I'd have somewhere in the middle 8, particularly with the conditions forecast.

Truth hurts

Good luck to the boys on Saturday