Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Quote from: Ed Hardy on July 14, 2020, 04:37:44 PM
Has anyone actually seen the photo from Kilbroney or is it all rumours so far? Bad news about player in Attical hopefully he recovers quickly, and it doesnt spread.

Gaelic Life also reporting Ryan McAleenan has stepped away from county football. Big blow for Tally that, he was very steady defender and Tally obviously liked him.

Was floating about on twitter last week. 30/40 lads, not inc mgt on the Kilbroney soccer field.

downjim

Will we be allowed to go to any games at the weekend?
Are clubs going to stop people from attending? 

Smurfy123

As it turns out the Attical person who tested positive was away through work and just returned to the mourned as he was unwell. A parent of a player not a player. All family tested and all came back negative. Let's move on From Kilbroney Gate.

5times5times

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 15, 2020, 01:43:48 PM
As it turns out the Attical person who tested positive was away through work and just returned to the mourned as he was unwell. A parent of a player not a player. All family tested and all came back negative. Let's move on From Kilbroney Gate.

Why? Especially when they so flagrantly broke the rules? Is it cause they're run by Wee James? Or a spineless CB?

Last Caress

Quote from: downjim on July 15, 2020, 10:45:42 AM
Its not looking likely Downjim.
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2020/07/15/news/gaa-await-covid-19-test-from-second-ulster-club-after-atticall-confirm-shutdown-2005706/
Its been rumoured that its a second club from Down, lets hope its a negative result for the individual.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Last Caress on July 15, 2020, 02:32:07 PM
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2020/07/15/news/gaa-await-covid-19-test-from-second-ulster-club-after-atticall-confirm-shutdown-2005706/
Its been rumoured that its a second club from Down, lets hope its a negative result for the individual.

If the 2nd case is in fact in our County, does put worries of the league/Championship being played out in doubt - Out of curiosity can those men involved in their Clubs committee answer me this, what happens if a club doesn't fulfill a fixture but cites worries over Coronavirus as a reason is it still the same punishment for not fulfilling a fixture in previous years? i.e a fine and points deduction for the following season

Smurfy123

Did Kilbroney gate happen? Where is the proof? That's why move on
Attical dealt with it and now it's sorted all within a few days. That's exactly what GAA clubs need to do. That was sorted with little or no fuss great stuff
Now a lot of people like to make a big deal of it.
Attical man tested positive. Tracked and traced all close contacts. Tested them. All results negative
If anything it shows how safe it is

thewobbler

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 15, 2020, 02:38:04 PM
Quote from: Last Caress on July 15, 2020, 02:32:07 PM

If the 2nd case is in fact in our County, does put worries of the league/Championship being played out in doubt - Out of curiosity can those men involved in their Clubs committee answer me this, what happens if a club doesn't fulfill a fixture but cites worries over Coronavirus as a reason is it still the same punishment for not fulfilling a fixture in previous years? i.e a fine and points deduction for the following season

I doubt sincerely that the subject of fines or points deductions has even been discussed. It's just not that sort of year.

I've had absolutely no steer this, but I would expect the guiding principle for the season is that if a team cannot field, they concede, and we move on. For example, if an active senior player tests positive, then as all members or that team and back room would need tested before a refixture date could be considered. There isn't the available time windows to allow such a course to be fulfilled.

The problem everyone faces here is that if this were to happen to a championship finalist or semi finalist, it would likely become an exceptionally emotive and divisive issue.

But I can't wait to learn what the alternatives would be from those who would get so emotional about it.

If you get any football at all this season, you are lucky. Stop keeping score. That's a message needs to register around the county.

downjim

Will Loughinsland have gates closed tomorrow for spectators?

Mourne Red

Quote from: downjim on July 15, 2020, 03:37:03 PM
Will Loughinsland have gates closed tomorrow for spectators?

Downjim - CPN just tweeted out the following

" Current GAA COVID-19 guidance does not allow spectators to attend Fri nights ACFL DIV 1 R.1 match v @bryansfordgaa therefore we ask that all loyal supporters follow the match on twitter/FB where possible."

Disappointing supporters can't get out to games, hopefully guidelines change soon so we can get out and enjoy some matches. If the boys covering the Championships games last year could get out and cover a game each week would be great fix for those missing the GAA.

Sandstorm

Good news from our Assembly, we can now go to the pub and drink to 2.00am with 1 hour drinking up time to really integrate. But don't go to a football field to spectate where there is 500 meters to social distance in the open air where it is accepted that the virus is unlikely to spread. What about the players who are coming in close contact during the game.

thewobbler

Quote from: Sandstorm on July 16, 2020, 01:38:56 PM
Good news from our Assembly, we can now go to the pub and drink to 2.00am with 1 hour drinking up time to really integrate. But don't go to a football field to spectate where there is 500 meters to social distance in the open air where it is accepted that the virus is unlikely to spread. What about the players who are coming in close contact during the game.

If you'd read past the headlines you'd know that the first part of your rant isn't currently relevant.

Sandstorm

Understand, but they may well be in before we are allowed to spectate.

downjim

Go on father, go on. Lock the gates to God's house. Sure they were locked at the time of the Famine too. No priest died the time of the Famine: only poor people like us.

Nanderson

Would anyone at the Glenn and Saul game tonight be able to confirm if Shay McCartan togged out. Seen Maurice McKey put up photos on fb and I'm near sure Shay was #10