Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Can someone clarify what 'league pace' and 'Championship pace' actually mean in a scenario where all teams are in exactly the same situation? Surely you would rather play matches than train.

Centre 3/4

There is no league pace the league games are challenge games to get players up to pace playing matches so actually are a good idea to give teams a chance to blood different players and get lads the game time they need before going into a championship

thewobbler

Looks like I've finally earned myself my own personal troll.

Took quite a few years longer than expected to reach this milestone, but I'm glad to have finally made it.

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on July 05, 2020, 04:43:04 PM
Looks like I've finally earned myself my own personal troll.

Took quite a few years longer than expected to reach this milestone, but I'm glad to have finally made it.
Probably a sign of respect to you thewobbler

Lotto

Nothing personal but just calling out the clubs who think they are above the law. The truth really does hurt some people.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Lotto on July 06, 2020, 07:18:54 PM
Nothing personal but just calling out the clubs who think they are above the law. The truth really does hurt some people.

And who is your holier than thou club lotto?

Mourne Red

Quote from: yewtree on July 07, 2020, 06:00:40 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on July 06, 2020, 10:19:56 PM

The issue here is managers and clubs being above the rules and society.
They need to be called out.
Lunatics having 15 ,16 year olds out training in Kilbroney in June (against all regulations GAA and society ) when the games are not until October, it is either right or wrong. Our County Board and our clubs who don't call this out are wrong and weak.
It is not an issue of 'holier than thou' it was and is wrong.
Mourne Red were you aware of this ?
Do you think it was correct ?
If your club had a 15 ,16 year old there when restrictions were not lifted and he was one of over 30 in a small pitch in Kilbroney would you think it ok ?
Would you ask your club to ask at the county board what went on in Kilbroney that night ?
What adults called for that gathering ?
Then ask the County Board to give all details to Croke Park ,Newry ,Mourne and Down District Council Officers and take it from there.
The clubs and managers ethics during this pandemic need to be assessed.

Aware of County Underage teams training in Kilbroney? This I wasn't aware of until I seen it posted on this board, but from the people I've talked too they hadn't heard of this either - This is like Ewan McKenna claiming Tyrone, Kerry etc where all training only to be called out by 2 players on the Tyrone panel that he was talking 'Sh*te' and he then deleted his tweet.. If Kilbroney gate did happen then of course it was wrong and if I was one of the parents then I would report the county board but there has been no complaints made as far as I know.. have you reported it to your club yewtree? or go over the board and report it to Ulster council who would investigate it with no bias.

The 'Holier than Thou' comment was aimed at posters who are constantly attacking the same clubs/posters over and over without disclosing their own club. I'm from East Down so have no affiliation to Ballyholland, Rostrevor etc but if you are going to tought or mud-sling then have the balls to disclose your own club.

Smurfy123

Any truth Carlow will be getting a new manager. A Down man who has already been involved with them? That's what I am hearing. It would be a surprise if that wasn't the case. A good fit for both it seems.

Hedgehunter

Plenty of friendlies hastily arranged for this weekend I'd say...

befair

Are spectators allowed at the games this coming Friday?

Mourne Red

According to Gaelic life player tested for COVID-19 from Attical.. Hopefully gets well soon, but have County Board or Croke Park set out guidelines on what happens to club if this happens? They have a fixture on Friday and if it's a player on senior panel do the rest of the panel need to self-isolate?

johnnycool

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 14, 2020, 09:30:09 AM
According to Gaelic life player tested for COVID-19 from Attical.. Hopefully gets well soon, but have County Board or Croke Park set out guidelines on what happens to club if this happens? They have a fixture on Friday and if it's a player on senior panel do the rest of the panel need to self-isolate?

This is where the definition of close or casual contact comes into play.;

Close Contact                                                                Casual Contact
Will be Tested                                                                Passive Follow Up for 14 days
Will undergo active follow up from Public Health               Will be advised about their risk
Should be contacted every day                                        Should ring GP immediately if any symptoms develop
Telephone GP immediately if unwell
Don't leave home unless necessary
Avoid Travel (within or outside of Ireland)

GAA INVOLVEMENT – None until medical                        GAA INVOLVEMENT – As normal as long as symptom free
assessment and clearance to return

yewtree

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 14, 2020, 09:30:09 AM

Quote from: yewtree on July 07, 2020, 06:00:40 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on July 06, 2020, 10:19:56 PM

The issue here is managers and clubs being above the rules and society.
They need to be called out.
Lunatics having 15 ,16 year olds out training in Kilbroney in June (against all regulations GAA and society ) when the games are not until October, it is either right or wrong. Our County Board and our clubs who don't call this out are wrong and weak.
It is not an issue of 'holier than thou' it was and is wrong.
Mourne Red were you aware of this ?
Do you think it was correct ?
If your club had a 15 ,16 year old there when restrictions were not lifted and he was one of over 30 in a small pitch in Kilbroney would you think it ok ?
Would you ask your club to ask at the county board what went on in Kilbroney that night ?
What adults called for that gathering ?
Then ask the County Board to give all details to Croke Park ,Newry ,Mourne and Down District Council Officers and take it from there.
The clubs and managers ethics during this pandemic need to be assessed.

Mourne Red that is terrible news out of Attical. It is very worrying for all in that area and to the continuation of Gaelic matches and training.

Kilbroney gate has not been looked into at all and as usual certain people are above the rules and ethics of GAA .This irresponsible behaviour needs called out , these adults are bringing the game into disrepute.

To highlight this disregard and GAA position on County Team Gatherings and processes under Covid 19 our County mentors have called 15,16 year old lads to Kilbroney Park again this week for a training gathering less than 10 miles from Attical.

Can our County Board and clubs stand by and watch this ? The GAA needs to stop this and sanctions handed out.

These lunatics are making a mockery of everything and a disgrace - does Down GAA sit back and allow this ?

Let's all hope the news from Attical is not life threatening .

thewobbler

Just me thinking out loud, but surely if there's one thing that might be safer than outdoor training 10 miles from a lightly infected rural community, is imaginary training 10 miles from a lightly infected rural community.

Ed Hardy

Has anyone actually seen the photo from Kilbroney or is it all rumours so far? Bad news about player in Attical hopefully he recovers quickly, and it doesnt spread.

Gaelic Life also reporting Ryan McAleenan has stepped away from county football. Big blow for Tally that, he was very steady defender and Tally obviously liked him.