Connacht senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Connacht final will Galway bate Mayo?

No
5 (71.4%)
Yes
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closes: May 05, 2024, 12:48:33 AM

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 05, 2024, 03:15:45 PM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 05, 2024, 10:45:19 AMWhats the feeling on Shane Walsh in Galway.

Played first game or two of league and then got injured.

Has been on holiday since that and I see hes in Portugal this week too.

Definitely deserves a holiday considering all the football hes played.

But it seems as if he gets special treatment and that he seems more committed to Kilmacud than Galway.

But I may be totally wrong on that.

Odd post. Got injured in round 1 of the NFL and will be back playing for Galway once he overcomes it.

My gut feeling there's more to it than that but could be wrong

Armagh18

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 05, 2024, 05:05:17 PM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 05, 2024, 10:45:19 AMWhats the feeling on Shane Walsh in Galway.

But it seems as if he gets special treatment and that he seems more committed to Kilmacud than Galway.

Odd post. Got injured in round 1 of the NFL and will be back playing for Galway once he overcomes it.

Yeah doesn't seem to be the most dedicated sort of boy. Don't know whether to describe him as flaky or if thats a bit harsh.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 05, 2024, 05:19:36 PM

Yeah doesn't seem to be the most dedicated sort of boy. Don't know whether to describe him as flaky or if thats a bit harsh.

After over a decade of service I think it's clear there is nothing wrong with Shane Walsh commitment to Galway senior footballers. Best not to engage with that wum.

Blowitupref

New York team  only survivors from last years starting team in that win against Leitrim are Jamie Boyle,Robert Wharton,Shane Brosnan.

Joseph Grace;
Shane Bolger, Jamie Boyle, Tadhg O'Riordan;
Shane Brosnan, Cian O'Dea, Robert Wharton;
James Walsh, Emmet O'Connghaile;
Tiernan Mathers, Frank O'Reilly, Pierce Lillis;
Sean Reilly, Michael Argue, Killian Butler.

Subs: Ryan Corrigan, Michael Boyle, Israel Ilunga, Caolain Mathers, Peter Fox, Adam Loughlin Stones, Liam Kearney, Jordan Ajani, Niall McCarthy, Michael Brosnan, Jack Reilly

London much changed from last years final championship game against Laois with just seven same starters named.

Michael Lynch;
Daire Rooney, Matt Moynihan, Fiontan Eastwood;
Oran Kerr, Eoin Walsh, Tighe Barry;
Liam Gallagher, Stephen Dornan;
DJ O'Flaherty, Daniel Clarke, Ciaran Diver;
Joshua Obahor, Shay Rafter, Nathan McElwaine.

Subs: Andrew Walsh, Caolan Mulgrew, Gareth McDowell, Luke Kelly, Michael Carroll, Michael Miller, Patrick Dolan, Ruairi Rafferty, Ryan Tohill, Sean McMonagle, Sean Tucker
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 05, 2024, 05:39:09 PM

After over a decade of service I think it's clear there is nothing wrong with Shane Walsh commitment to Galway senior footballers. Best not to engage with that wum.

You are getting very defensive I just asked the question.

We'll see in few months time hopefully I'm wrong.

Blowitupref

Galway panel picture today in Ruislip which includes injured players such as Shane Walsh which should end any more odd and pure speculation posts

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 06, 2024, 03:05:35 PMGalway panel picture today in Ruislip which includes injured players such as Shane Walsh which should end any more odd and pure speculation posts

I wouldn't turn down a trip to London either haha.

Great to see him there though.

Blowitupref

Half time in a sunny but windy Ruislip,  Galway 1-15 London 0-3. Cathal Sweeney goal on 30 minutes to give Galway a 11 point lead and game as a contest as good as over.

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 06, 2024, 03:37:59 PMHalf time in a sunny but windy Ruislip,  Galway 1-15 London 0-3. Cathal Sweeney goal on 30 minutes to give Galway a 11 point lead and game as a contest as good as over.

Galways shooting has been very good

Blowitupref

Galway really putting London to the sword this afternoon. 4 goals in this 2nd half to currently lead 5-18 to 0-4

FT London 0-9 Galway 5-21.

Manning18

He's virtually been every present in the panel since the age of 19. Absolutely lives and breathes football, doesn't drink, rarely injured until this year.

It's incredible that if a lad throws a few dummy solos regularly, trys to kick spinners and has a tight haircut people assume he's flaky and probably soft. I've seen first hand the abuse Walsh has taken basically every day he's gone out in his career (at intermediate level in Galway it was as bad as it gets) and yet hes still there year after year

Manning18

Add John Maher, Tomo Culhane and possibly Heaney to the ever growing injury list. I've never seen anything like it in the GAA. Records aren't kept on this sort of stuff but it must be record breaking in nature

RedHand88

Cunny Funt

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 07, 2024, 07:29:24 AMhttps://westernpeople.ie/sport/gaa/letter-from-america-anyone-buying-or-selling-tickets_arid-13614.html

Bit of a farcical situation. Imagine travelling the New York to be turned away at the gate.

Connacht Gaa saying tickets will be available to purchase at the gate.  I thought those days was over? sure for every other game they organise be it senior or underage you must have a ticket already purhased.