Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Watching the legends game on MUTV. f**k that was some squad. Good times compared to now.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: trailer on May 25, 2019, 09:50:36 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 25, 2019, 07:07:04 PM
Sergio Ramos and Griezemann linked now.

Well only to inflate their wages and worth. Utd probably getting stroked again. Amateurs!

My thoughts exactly when I heard it
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

Interesting stuff in this thread

https://twitter.com/barneyrednews/status/1135977097829199872

QuoteTomorrow, the Glazers receive a share dividend payment (£17m annually). Evidence of millions more in Directors' Fees. Since 2012, they have sold 37m United shares netting over $500m. Plus, over £1 billion paid in interest on Glazer debt which, even today, is £496m

Despite this, United's own debt still stands at an eye-watering £496m, a full 14 years after the takeover. This money was used entirely to buy United's shares for the 6 Glazer children #debtjunkies

To look after their financial interests, the Glazers put ex-banker Woodward in charge of United. Over 6 years he has demonstrated nothing but gross incompetence in all sporting matters. 'He has zero understanding of football' said Van Gaal this week. #failure #mufc

United's senior management comprises accountants and ex-bankers (Woodward, Arnold, Judge, Tesayo and others). There is no sporting expertise. The word is that Woodward has appointed a series of "yes men" to senior jobs who "laugh at his jokes". #shambles #mufc

screenexile

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/giovani-lo-celso-tottenham-manchester-united-234032

United fans telling themselves they're still a big club that can attract big players . . .

oakleaflad

AZOffaly

Of course United are a massive club, and would still interest big players. They can afford massive wages, see Sachez, A, and have a global reach. The issue is they are probably not attractive in a football sense at the moment because of the uncertainty over the managerial position, the football 'operation' and the lack of Champions League. But all it takes is one good signing to make a big impact and the whole thing turns around again.

johnnycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 05, 2019, 09:52:50 AM
Of course United are a massive club, and would still interest big players. They can afford massive wages, see Sachez, A, and have a global reach. The issue is they are probably not attractive in a football sense at the moment because of the uncertainty over the managerial position, the football 'operation' and the lack of Champions League. But all it takes is one good signing to make a big impact and the whole thing turns around again.

Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez heading to OT with Pogba going the opposite direction allegedly.

An interested Bale would be a good proposition for ManU, not sure about James though, hit and miss IMO.

Would that keep the fans at bay at the stadium of dreams?

rodney trotter

It would be like signing Sanchez,  another player on big wages who lost his motivation.

United should be going for young players, with something to prove.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 05, 2019, 12:22:57 PM
It would be like signing Sanchez,  another player on big wages who lost his motivation.

Agreed, can't see flaky superstar signings being welcomed at OT this summer. I think they realise by now the problem is they don't have enough 'men' there.

NAG1

I agree on both.

Regardless of what people are saying on Pogba, he is at his peak in terms of age profile etc, so essentially you would be swapping him for two players well past their best and not suited to the rigours of the EPL.

I can't see it happening and wouldn't be happy if it did.

trailer

Wouldn't touch those two with a barge pole. Sell Pogba. Ring up Karen Brady and pay whatever it takes to get Declan Rice. Hit the reset button and build a team around him.

Milltown Row2

It's like the Big Ron style Utd now!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Look-Up!

I think Bale could be a great signing but only if the wages were right. So I'd have to agree with you. Utd need to get rid of Sanchez, get the wage ceiling down and get in some young players that will raise the wage ceiling in the coming years by earning it.
Any lad coming in from RM on superstar wages will be looking at Sanchez's contract and that will be the negotiating point.
If Bale was willing to accept 140K per week on a medium term deal I think it would be a good bit of business for them both. But there isn't a hope in hell of a deal like that materializing so they should stay clear.
But the way Utd are doing their business ATM it wouldn't surprise me if they go and stupidly spunk a whole pile of cash at another big name. I can see next season being as dramatic than this one and doubt the new man will last very long. They need centre halves and to sort out the goal keeping situation. De Gea was carrying them for a few years. Last 10 games of the season where he really lost it is a good barometer of where they've been at for a long time.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2019, 01:55:19 PM

Totally wrong. Ron's teams were full of leaders and men (Robson, Moran, McGrath, Hughes and many, many more)....perhaps a little unfortunate to not win more with them than the 2 FA Cups.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 05, 2019, 02:12:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2019, 01:55:19 PM

Totally wrong. Ron's teams were full of leaders and men (Robson, Moran, McGrath, Hughes and many, many more)....perhaps a little unfortunate to not win more with them than the 2 FA Cups.

Talent was never the problem....party life-style was and also the Liverpool and Everton teams of that era were much better.