FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Cummins wasn't listed yesterday but at this time of the year the panel is fairly in flux you'd imagine.

Galway match day panel on the programme yesterday:
Manus Breathnach
Declan Kyne
Sean Andy Ó Ceallaigh
Liam Silke
Kieran Molloy
John Daly
Dylan Wall
Kieran Duggan
Tomas Flynn
Cillian McDaid
Michael Farragher
Johnny Heaney
Frankie Burke
Michael Boyle
Barry McHugh
Ronán Ó Beoláin
Eoghan Kerin
David Wynne
Seán Kelly
Gary O'Donnell
Gearóid Armstrong
Peter Cooke
Céin D'Arcy
Padraig Cunningham
Michael Daly
Shane Walsh

Will be interesting to see how many other players will be given a shot against the Rossies next Sunday, are the Corofin lads going to be available again I wonder?

Galway were favourites for relegation last year and the league campaign was a bit of a surprise. As you stated it's a shame that the Corofin lads are out for at least another 6 weeks or so but mainly for the likes of Molloy and Wall, we know well what we have in Burke and Silke already, not as much of a miss of they can't play any national league matches.

The league panel will be stretched and tested in 2019 but realistically the sole aim for 2019 should be to just stay up, the four away matches make it a bit trickier than last year as well. Monaghan, Tyrone and Dublin away will be very tough assignments to get anything out of, plus after the recent run of Galway-Mayo results since 2016, it can't be emphasized enough that Mayo will be looking to go through Galway for a shortcut in Castlebar as well.
Cavan and Rossies at home are absolute must wins to be honest, if we can beat Kerry in Tuam or pick up a win from one of the away matches that should secure 2020 Division One status I think.

Outside of staying up the priorities should be to blood the likes of McDaid, look for players to step up in their 2nd year of Senior football (looking at potentially the likes of Cunningham, D'Arcy etc.), or find some bolters who come from nowhere (e.g. Kelly and Duggan in 2018) to give KW a selection headache later in the year.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 14, 2019, 12:23:28 PM
Managed to see some highlights courtesy of MayoMick on youtube. You can't take too much from certain players performances this time of year, the heavier pitch will suit some lads.

Its a huge shame we won't see Silke, Molloy & Wall for a while now and Ian Burke, likely we won't see them at all during the league if Corofin get to the final. Galway's panel will certainly be tested given the loss of the Corofin lads and then missing Conroy, Varley & Brannigan through injury and with Cathal Sweeney opting out. Thats a lot of players to be missing, certainly don't see a repeat of last years league campaign. I'd exepct McDaid and John Daly to get plenty of game time during the league.

Anyone know if Danny Cummins is part of the panel this year? Whats the verdict on Frankie Burke, can't confess to seeing much of him but just doesn't look he possesses the attributes to be playing at this level.

Good club player but that's about it. I'd prefer to see Cunningham given more game time to be honest.

League will be a bit of a struggle this year I feel. Fixture list is more difficult than last year, especially the tough away games and we're going to be missing an awful lot of players. Happy enough to stay up.

rosnarun

Quote from: Randy on January 14, 2019, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on January 14, 2019, 11:14:52 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2019, 01:36:56 AM

From a mayo point of View Reape plunket and Mcdonagh look ready to take teir places whenever call on . I think Diskin could do with another year but has massive potential but need to build his strength on the ball .  howmany of the players yesterday will play come summer maybe 5 of the statters for mayo ,

Was hoping Conor Loftus would have made more of his opportunity yesterday. He is in danger of been cut if he doesnt up his game. What did you think?
I don't think conor loftus is built for the FBD it seemed to be very soggy onder foot and bouncing ball were a hazard. it can some times gie cover to slower players who  wont make the cut under former ground
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Blowitupref

Heard from our lot that it's in Tuam.
Hope they're right and not just wishful thinking.

not sure why any one would want to go to Tuam. the stand side is a dup and should probably not ne open the roof is rusting away abd the seat seem to be made for national schools kids
other than that very enjoyable game with Michal daily looking like hes going to Fulfill his potential as he really turned he game in a very Short period.
From a mayo point of View Reape plunket and Mcdonagh look ready to take teir places whenever call on . I think Diskin could do with another year but has massive potential but need to build his strength on the ball .  howmany of the players yesterday will play come summer maybe 5 of the statters for mayo , so would not worry over result.
and I didn't hear any booing

Stand is going to be replaced in Tuam https://connachttribune.ie/tuam-stadium-project-achieves-its-goal-398/ i presume supporters want to go there instead of Salthill because its easier to get to and its the traditional home of Galway football with a better atmosphere.

On Mayo micks youtube highlights you can clearly hear the booing and jeering on Galway frees. The Dubs on the hill have been at that for years but i'm not sure when it became common elsewhere?

I'd agree 5 or 6 championship starters is all Mayo had starting yesterday though if Boland,Reape have a good NFL they could be championship starters also.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mouview

not sure why any one would want to go to Tuam. the stand side is a dup and should probably not ne open the roof is rusting away abd the seat seem to be made for national schools kids
other than that very enjoyable game with Michal daily looking like hes going to Fulfill his potential as he really turned he game in a very Short period.
From a mayo point of View Reape plunket and Mcdonagh look ready to take teir places whenever call on . I think Diskin could do with another year but has massive potential but need to build his strength on the ball .  howmany of the players yesterday will play come summer maybe 5 of the statters for mayo , so would not worry over result.
and I didn't hear any booing

Hey, come on, we don't practise sectarian segregation in Tuam. Against 'ethnic minorities' maybe......

cornetto

Danny Cummins still there,played in a friendly against tipp, last Sunday p.conroy back running but could be the latter part of the league,brannigan wont see any league action.

Bill Hill

Hey we have been doing Top Scorers Tables for some of the competitions and we have a Top Scorers Table for the FBD Insurance League I'd anyone wants to keep track of who is doing the scoring. Sligos Niall Murphy is leading the way https://billhillwicklow.com/tournament/fbd-insurance-league-2019/

Duine Eile

Sunday at 1.30, Tuam Stadium

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 14, 2019, 01:36:38 PM
Cummins wasn't listed yesterday but at this time of the year the panel is fairly in flux you'd imagine.

Galway match day panel on the programme yesterday:
Manus Breathnach
Declan Kyne
Sean Andy Ó Ceallaigh
Liam Silke
Kieran Molloy
John Daly
Dylan Wall
Kieran Duggan
Tomas Flynn
Cillian McDaid
Michael Farragher
Johnny Heaney
Frankie Burke
Michael Boyle
Barry McHugh
Ronán Ó Beoláin
Eoghan Kerin
David Wynne
Seán Kelly
Gary O'Donnell
Gearóid Armstrong
Peter Cooke
Céin D'Arcy
Padraig Cunningham
Michael Daly
Shane Walsh

Will be interesting to see how many other players will be given a shot against the Rossies next Sunday, are the Corofin lads going to be available again I wonder?

Galway were favourites for relegation last year and the league campaign was a bit of a surprise. As you stated it's a shame that the Corofin lads are out for at least another 6 weeks or so but mainly for the likes of Molloy and Wall, we know well what we have in Burke and Silke already, not as much of a miss of they can't play any national league matches.

The league panel will be stretched and tested in 2019 but realistically the sole aim for 2019 should be to just stay up, the four away matches make it a bit trickier than last year as well. Monaghan, Tyrone and Dublin away will be very tough assignments to get anything out of, plus after the recent run of Galway-Mayo results since 2016, it can't be emphasized enough that Mayo will be looking to go through Galway for a shortcut in Castlebar as well.
Cavan and Rossies at home are absolute must wins to be honest, if we can beat Kerry in Tuam or pick up a win from one of the away matches that should secure 2020 Division One status I think.

Outside of staying up the priorities should be to blood the likes of McDaid, look for players to step up in their 2nd year of Senior football (looking at potentially the likes of Cunningham, D'Arcy etc.), or find some bolters who come from nowhere (e.g. Kelly and Duggan in 2018) to give KW a selection headache later in the year.
If Galway can't beat the updown twins at home they might as well pack it in
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mayo.mick

I see Roscommon have confirmed the final will be in Tuam stadium at 1.30

https://twitter.com/RoscommonGAA/status/1084912532320587776

Roscommon GAA

Verified account

@RoscommonGAA
Follow Follow @RoscommonGAA
More
The FBD @ConnachtGAA league final is to be played on Sunday at 1 30pm in Tuam Stadium. #rosgaa #gaa
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Rossfan

Thank God for that.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2019, 09:31:03 PM
Thank God for that.

That's not what you usually Call him . :)
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2019, 11:10:54 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 14, 2019, 09:54:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2019, 09:31:03 PM
Thank God for that.

That's not what you usually Call him . :)
His Excellency JP?

I was in his house once.  Back in the day when you could thumb lifts a fella picked me up and had to stop in and drop something off for JP. I think we even had the tea if I recall correctly

Blowitupref

Galway team named for the FBD final. A line up that could start round 1 of the NFL?

R Lavelle
D Kyne
S A O'Ceallaigh
E Kerin
S Kelly
G Bradshaw
G O'Donnell
T Flynn
K Duggan
J Heaney
M Farragher
C McDaid
B McHugh
M Daly
S Walsh
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose