Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 19, 2017, 05:41:00 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 19, 2017, 05:26:49 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 19, 2017, 05:14:15 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 19, 2017, 04:25:56 PM
Teamtalk reporting that there will be no fixture change for Sunday.  They mustn't think the Ladies have much of a following and it wont hurt them in the pocket.  Driver, Drive On!!!!

Genuine question. How many folk will travel to Croker to support the ladies??

200??

300??

More?? Less??

I personally dont know anyone going to it

I agree, plough on with it... However there seems to be a lot of uproar on social media following the confirmation that there will be no change.  A lot of them people outraged probably have no intention of attending either game.

That's the thing.
While I have a lot of sympathy for the small number of people this will directly affect, there are far more that just to be outraged and have a reason to give out.

Whether you are going are not, there is a right to be outraged at how Tyrone GAA treat women... and the fact familes having to choose which game to go to with their relatives playing...

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 19, 2017, 05:26:49 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 19, 2017, 05:14:15 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 19, 2017, 04:25:56 PM
Teamtalk reporting that there will be no fixture change for Sunday.  They mustn't think the Ladies have much of a following and it wont hurt them in the pocket.  Driver, Drive On!!!!

Genuine question. How many folk will travel to Croker to support the ladies??

200??

300??

More?? Less??

I personally dont know anyone going to it

Some people just like hearing themselves. Changing the club games on Sunday will affect a lot more people.

I agree, plough on with it... However there seems to be a lot of uproar on social media following the confirmation that there will be no change.  A lot of them people outraged probably have no intention of attending either game.

skeog

Its a no brainer if you had a relative playing on the team Croke Park is the venue you must go to.

longballin

Quote from: skeog on September 19, 2017, 06:21:04 PM
Its a no brainer if you had a relative playing on the team Croke Park is the venue you must go to.
They shouldnt be put in the position to have to make that choice. Pascal Canavan managing Errigal and two nieces on the Tyrone Ladies squad.

Rois

Quote from: skeog on September 19, 2017, 06:21:04 PM
Paudge Quinn has (at least) one child playing in each.

Localexpert

With all these outraged weeeemen on social media either vowing to go to Dublin or boycott men's games on Sunday who the hell are going to make the tae and sandwiches at the men's game?

The way things are looking croker will be full on Sunday....

longballin

Quote from: Localexpert on September 19, 2017, 07:36:49 PM
With all these outraged weeeemen on social media either vowing to go to Dublin or boycott men's games on Sunday who the hell are going to make the tae and sandwiches at the men's game?

see thats the sexism women are up against... and he thinks his comments are funny  ::)

Localexpert

Quote from: longballin on September 19, 2017, 08:05:20 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on September 19, 2017, 07:36:49 PM

see thats the sexism women are up against... and he thinks his comments are funny  ::)

As mentioned previously if 300 Tyrone fans travel to croker on Sunday it will be the height of it.  No point putting the men's games off (who will get a far bigger crowd) for a game that won't be well supported in a completely different sporting organisation.  If Tyrone was in the final of the milk cup you wouldn't be looking the games off..... And there would be more interest in that  ;)

Rois

If you're from Errigal and 5 of your neighbours have a chance of winning an All Ireland medal, you might want to go and support them yourself. It's not about what's the biggest crowd puller, it is about respecting both the men and ladies of that club enough to compromise.

One of the Errigal ladies was PRO for the (joint) club last year - she pulls her weight in ways that many spectators wouldn't, and yet that counts for nothing.

This has made me really cross.

skeog

Armagh Tv showing game for a fiver tomorrow night.

Localexpert

Quote from: Rois on September 19, 2017, 10:14:08 PM
If you're from Errigal and 5 of your neighbours have a chance of winning an All Ireland medal, you might want to go and support them yourself. It's not about what's the biggest crowd puller, it is about respecting both the men and ladies of that club enough to compromise.

One of the Errigal ladies was PRO for the (joint) club last year - she pulls her weight in ways that many spectators wouldn't, and yet that counts for nothing.

This has made me really cross.

You can't put on hold male club players who have been training all year and the greater number of supporters because the ladies friends and families (which amount to a few hundred at most) want to go and watch a game in dublin.  The reason the games haven't been put off is because the demand is simply higher for the men's game shown by the huge difference in attendances of the two sports. 

Rois

Why can't it be shifted by one night? We're not talking about a two month postponement here. The lads who trained all year are not being asked to give anything up. They wouldn't have to forfeit you know!

I repeat that it's not about the bigger crowd draw and it's irrelevant whether it affects 20 or 200. It is about respecting the club members.

the goal was on

I thought it was Dublin and mayo in ladies final!

Tyrone95

Personally I thought it would of been moved to a floodlit game in Omagh at a later time on Sunday. A tight Pomeroy pitch should suit Carmen better against an athletic and youthful errigal team tho. Need all the luck we can get for Sunday.

longballin

Quote from: the goal was on on September 19, 2017, 11:24:54 PM
I thought it was Dublin and mayo in ladies final!
aye only the senior games matter county and club... elitism strikes again : )