The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: J70 on November 09, 2017, 09:25:52 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 09, 2017, 09:03:44 PM
I see some big news breaking about Judge Roy Moore.....why am I not surprised-lol

He's a man of god first, constitution second... apparently.

Louis CK too.

They're dropping by the hour.

I would say Moore is only the first of the politicians (excluding Trump and Clinton and so on!)

This is quite an astounding defence of Moore by the state Auditor and fellow republican, Jim Zeigler who obviously is another religious nut job;

And finally, the piece de resistance:

"Take the Bible — Zachariah and Elizabeth, for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist," Ziegler says, choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. "Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus."

"There's just nothing immoral or illegal here," Ziegler concluded. "Maybe just a little bit unusual."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/09/this-defense-of-roy-moore-is-amazingly-bad-from-start-to-finish/?tid=pm_politics_pop&utm_term=.8347ab0223b9

J70

Quote from: johnneycool on November 10, 2017, 11:07:26 AM
I see some big news breaking about Judge Roy Moore.....why am I not surprised-lol

Louis CK too.

I would say Moore is only the first of the politicians (excluding Trump and Clinton and so on!)

This is quite an astounding defence of Moore by the state Auditor and fellow republican, Jim Zeigler who obviously is another religious nut job;

"Take the Bible — Zachariah and Elizabeth, for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist," Ziegler says, choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. "Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus."

"There's just nothing immoral or illegal here," Ziegler concluded. "Maybe just a little bit unusual."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/09/this-defense-of-roy-moore-is-amazingly-bad-from-start-to-finish/?tid=pm_politics_pop&utm_term=.8347ab0223b9

Yep, they'll still vote for him. Bible has been used to justify lots of shit, especially in the US South.

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2017, 11:43:03 AM

Louis CK too.

Yep, they'll still vote for him. Bible has been used to justify lots of shit, especially in the US South.

Yes, Jesus is the reason Trump won. :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

johnneycool

Quote from: stew on November 11, 2017, 08:57:08 PM

Louis CK too.

Well he is responsible for everything is he not?

stew

Quote from: johnneycool on November 11, 2017, 10:15:12 PM
Quote from: stew on November 11, 2017, 08:57:08 PM

Louis CK too.

Well he is responsible for everything is he not?

In fairness etc.
that makes him responsible for Clinton, corruption in the democratic party and Obamas defecit/givimg up multiples terrorists for the boul traitor Bowe
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 16, 2017, 03:39:39 PM
Story on Al Franken out now

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

Dirtbag. Just imagine if it was your wife or daughter he was groping and trying to mess around with?

As I said on here last week, Moore is just the beginning when it comes to politicians.

Both sides are going to be very uncomfortable as the stories come out, even though the temptation will be, as always, to make excuses in the light of the bigger picture of political control and whataboutery.

Hopefully a watershed moment for men who think they can behave this way and women who feel they have to put up with it.

Gabriel_Hurl

His statement is shit as well - he has to walk

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/16/joseph-stiglitz-trump-fascist-globalisation-bernie-sanders

America is led by a man Stiglitz says should not be in the White House. "He is not fit to be president. He does not have an understanding of the issues, the political process. He is used to making one-time deals. You can cheat your contractors when you buy a real estate property and fix it up. Reputation doesn't matter. For the president of the United States reputation does matter. The reputation of the United States does matter. We are dealing with countries all over the world. They want to know if your word is good. Trump's word is not good."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

haranguerer

Hold on, that photo is the groping she refers to? It doesn't look like he is groping her to me.

Obviously a dirtbag forcing him to kiss her, but she should have left it at that - it seems like to strengthen her story she clutched at a straw and it does it no favours....

J70

Quote from: haranguerer on November 16, 2017, 04:16:44 PM
Hold on, that photo is the groping she refers to? It doesn't look like he is groping her to me.

Obviously a dirtbag forcing him to kiss her, but she should have left it at that - it seems like to strengthen her story she clutched at a straw and it does it no favours....

Come on, whether he got a handful or not through the flak jacket is irrelevant. Even if he is only simulating, she is still asleep and he is taking liberties.  And he is not a teenager or college student who doesn't know better - he is 55 years old in that photo! Would he stand for someone doing it to his daughter (assuming he has one) or his wife?

Not quite Roy Moore depth of sleaze (which isn't saying much, admittedly), but Franken, unfortunately for him (and possibly the Democrats) has questions to answer given the rubicon which has been crossed over the past couple of months.