Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

I obviously hope they never sack him but how much longer are United going to stick with Ole?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2020, 05:23:13 PM
I obviously hope they never sack him but how much longer are United going to stick with Ole?

He'll be gone tomorrow.

tintin25

Harry Maguire cost £80 million...let that sink in.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2020, 05:23:13 PM

What makes it enjoyable is that he is a legend at the club. Sacking a legend makes it harder. I'd give him more time. Ferguson got 4 years to find his feet.

thewobbler

Quote from: tintin25 on October 04, 2020, 05:49:05 PM
Harry Maguire cost £80 million...let that sink in.

On all evidence I've seen, this was a much better buy than Pogba at £90m.

seafoid

It doesn't matter who the manager is. The club is dysfunctional because of the Glazers.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

OgraAnDun

Ole will be made DoF rather than sacked (when it happens), an easy way to safe face for everyone.

Helix.

Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 04, 2020, 06:20:23 PM
Ole will be made DoF rather than sacked (when it happens), an easy way to safe face for everyone.

A Director of Failure more like. An absolute shambles.

tonto1888

Surely the end of Ole now

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/04/manchester-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-live-score/

FULL TIME
"That is, I think, the worst I have ever seen Manchester United play. This might by overreaction and hyperbole based on the game being fresh in the memory but honestly, that was abysmal. I'd put them and Fulham to be relegated after this performance.... but there is light at the end of this confusing tunnel. The club need to change something and I'd suggest it's not the manager - Van Gaal and Mourinho are two of the greatest managers of all time and even they couldn't squeeze enough out of the players they had. "
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on October 04, 2020, 06:26:52 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/04/manchester-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-live-score/

FULL TIME
"That is, I think, the worst I have ever seen Manchester United play. This might by overreaction and hyperbole based on the game being fresh in the memory but honestly, that was abysmal. I'd put them and Fulham to be relegated after this performance.... but there is light at the end of this confusing tunnel. The club need to change something and I'd suggest it's not the manager - Van Gaal and Mourinho are two of the greatest managers of all time and even they couldn't squeeze enough out of the players they had. "

Mourinho won a Europa League, League Cup, finished Premier League runner-up.  I think that was squeezing a lot?

nrico2006

How have United went so bad so quickly from the end of last season to the start of this one?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

smelmoth

This has to be the end of Ole AND Ole is not the only problem so replacing him won't fix the overall problems.

The problem with Ole is best exemplified by Shaw's defensive positioning. Shaw isn't the world's greatest left back but surely if he is getting his positioning that wrong on a consistent basis the manager has to see it and do something about it - a word in the ear and if that doesn't work it's the bench. If the village u10 side was managed by a volunteer that couldn't master that they would be offered the opportunity to mow the grass.

Ole has no track record to speak of. He can only be judged on this side. Let's face it he is a really poor manager

BennyCake

Ole may as well stay until Christmas. What the feck could a new manager do with thon shower of useless bollixes anyway?

It's the worse squad of players I've known at United.