Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefineday

Quote from: didlyi on July 03, 2022, 11:33:19 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on July 03, 2022, 10:17:52 AM
Just fill the bottom tiers including the hill b4 selling any of the upper tiers.
Why have the minor finals been taken off the all Ireland final day card? Dreadful decision

Ask 25000 Offaly supporters would they rather spend over €60 on a ticket for the AI final in Croker and I think you will get you answer.
It's a difficult one, I'm sure players to a boy would rather be in croker, I also think that today was very much a one-off. Derry v Kerry in the 2020 final was stand alone and had a few thousand from memory.

marty34

Quote from: onefineday on July 03, 2022, 04:18:12 PM
Quote from: marty34 on July 03, 2022, 12:47:42 PM
40, 000 approx there yesterday at the hurling semi-final.

I thought with the big push from Clare, they'd have had more there.

Factors - cost of living, diesel and other matches this year.

GAA should have had €5 tickets for kids and clubs etc. They used to do this. Clubs could have taken youth teams for the day and enjoy a semi-final, on the Saturday or Sunday.

They missed a trick here, for whatever reason.
Juvenile tickets are a tenner, hardly too extortionate.

A few years ago they were €5.

Not only that clubs could bring bus loads of young lads from their clubs to CP on semi-final day.

Plus it could add 15, 000 to the gate and fill the stadium out a bit while creating a better atmosphere.

Winn win for the clubs and the GAA.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2022, 01:29:37 PM
A full Nowlan Park is a lovely sight.
I think it was 15€ for adult tickets in Nowlan park. 50€ if it was played in Croke Park.

52,215 the attendance for Limerick v Galway today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Westmeaths and Cavans have to fork out €50 to see their teams in the TC Final. Couple and 2 children €120...  for a 2nd level match.

You'd hope next year the Minor, u20 and TC Finals could be a triple header in Croke Park with cheap tickets, family tickets and school or club underage packages.
Mol an óige....be better than them watching it at home on TV  as its too expensive to attend.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheMistro

Quote from: full moon on July 02, 2022, 05:45:37 PM
Disappointing crowd for Clare Kilkenny, an Ireland semi final and seems half full?

Wasn't much of a build up it seemed like this week all very rushed with the new calendar. I'd say a lot of neutrals are missing.

Dublin GAA fault for the low attendance

marty34

How much are tickets for the All-Ireland Finals this year?

Anybody know?

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2022, 07:35:39 PM
Westmeaths and Cavans have to fork out €50 to see their teams in the TC Final. Couple and 2 children €120...  for a 2nd level match.

You'd hope next year the Minor, u20 and TC Finals could be a triple header in Croke Park with cheap tickets, family tickets and school or club underage packages.
Mol an óige....be better than them watching it at home on TV  as its too expensive to attend.
Yeah that'd make sense. Wild dear on the TC finalist supporters this year

balladmaker

Quote from: marty34 on July 03, 2022, 09:28:48 PM
How much are tickets for the All-Ireland Finals this year?

Anybody know?

90 I think I read.

Wildweasel74

90, if Dublin don't make it, it not sell out.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 03, 2022, 11:16:43 PM
90, if Dublin don't make it, it not sell out.

Will sell out regardless, County allocations is under 60k let's not forget.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Walter Cronc

Only hill and 2 upper corners available for Derry v Galway. Any more figures for expected attendance? I'd say Cavan will take good support to the TC final.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 04, 2022, 07:32:56 AM
Only hill and 2 upper corners available for Derry v Galway. Any more figures for expected attendance? I'd say Cavan will take good support to the TC final.

During the week i heard that around 30k tickets were sold to the Tailteann Cup teams, with Cavan the slight majority of those 2 so far. I'd expect more tickets to go this week too as the season tickets, club tickets, and all such are sorted and unsold tickets released. Think we're going to have big crowd for this double header

Redhand Santa

40,000 was a pretty decent attendance for Clare Kilkenny for a Sat evening game. Counties like Kilkenny will always struggle to get huge support when they're at the business end every year - the novelty wears off. For all the complaints about ticket prices venues etc the attendances have held up well for the All Ireland series:
18th June Hurling Quarters - 30,000
19th June Tailteann Cup Semis - 15,000
25th/26th June Football Quarters - 120,000
2nd/3rd July Hurling Semis & minor final - 120,000
7-9th July - Football Semis/Minor Final - 140,000 est
All Ireland Finals x 2 - 160,000

Over a 6 week period close to 600,000 will have attended games. No other sport in Ireland could hope to attract anything like that.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2022, 07:35:39 PM

It is quite dear for it but doubling it up with an All Ireland semi final means its now one of the biggest days of the year which is great for Westmeath and Cavan. And it is rightly being treated as an All Ireland final and the competition is doing much better than I expected.

onefineday

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 04, 2022, 08:56:01 AM
40,000 was a pretty decent attendance for Clare Kilkenny for a Sat evening game. Counties like Kilkenny will always struggle to get huge support when they're at the business end every year - the novelty wears off. For all the complaints about ticket prices venues etc the attendances have held up well for the All Ireland series:
18th June Hurling Quarters - 30,000
19th June Tailteann Cup Semis - 15,000
25th/26th June Football Quarters - 120,000
2nd/3rd July Hurling Semis & minor final - 120,000
7-9th July - Football Semis/Minor Final - 140,000 est
All Ireland Finals x 2 - 160,000

Over a 6 week period close to 600,000 will have attended games. No other sport in Ireland could hope to attract anything like that.

Good post.
Total Pro14 attendance across all clubs (only 3 Irish) and games in 2019 was 1.2m.
League of Ireland total attendance across all matches in 2019 was 467k.