Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 07, 2022, 09:30:35 AM
Who'll be the replacement.

The direct undercast are an extremely mediocre bunch with faults and issues galore.

Sunak the bookies favourite atm.. Tory talking on BBC atm thinks that it'll be Labour/SNP government next election

gallsman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 07, 2022, 09:31:37 AM
Should been gone after the Covid parties, when everybody else was under strict lockdown. I wonder how successful lockdown was in hindsight,, injections aside, as I picked Covid up twice since it been lifted, and in the current climate looks like most people will  pick it up again bi-yearly.

That's the point. You've picked it up, having (presumably) been vaccinated.

Quote from: JoG2 on July 07, 2022, 09:38:34 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 07, 2022, 09:25:26 AM
Situation like this, it should be a reelection instead of the tories picking their own, I say there been a fair chance they lost an election after the past 2yrs

No chance unfortunately.

Vast majority of English public will applaud them for removing him and ignore that the rest of them were complicit in all the spoofery. Tories will now paint him as the bogeyman who they removed when needed and the electorate will gladly give them their votes again. Because, you know, Marxism/Brexit/Culture war/Immigrants etc.

seafoid

Johnson has proposed to resign as Tory leader but stay on as PM until the autumn. This is a joke

Dougal Maguire

The direct undercast are an extremely mediocre bunch with faults and issues galore.
When you look at the undercast you can see why he wanted to stay
Careful now

gallsman

Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2022, 09:48:56 AM
Johnson has proposed to resign as Tory leader but stay on as PM until the autumn. This is a joke

What's the alternative? They need a leadership contest to pick on, so would Raab assume power temporarily? Think I'd prefer Dorries to take over than him ffs. Has anyone checked with her? Is she ok? I imagine that'll be her entire career done as whoever is next, whatever small amount of wit they have, will surely not have her anywhere near the frontbench.

clarshack

what's that much different between this week and last week? Pincher? Bojo could have resigned on much worse things up until now.

imtommygunn

Quote from: gallsman on July 07, 2022, 09:52:01 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 07, 2022, 09:48:56 AM

What's the alternative? They need a leadership contest to pick on, so would Raab assume power temporarily? Think I'd prefer Dorries to take over than him ffs. Has anyone checked with her? Is she ok? I imagine that'll be her entire career done as whoever is next, whatever small amount of wit they have, will surely not have her anywhere near the frontbench.

I imagine she's drunk or hungover at least...

The most of these ones should be finished. Mogg has said he is which is a massive positive as he's a horrible c**t. Hopefully Pratel, Truss, Raab and even David and Sunak are done too but I would doubt it. I don't see how Dorres is deemed capable of anything any more.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 07, 2022, 09:49:44 AM

When you look at the undercast you can see why he wanted to stay

Does it matter who replaces him, it won't make any difference to the functionality of Westminster. The obligation to serve the people has subsided for cronyism and corruption long ago. The circus has lost another clown after one inept performance after the other all played out by a tragic indifference to the reality round him. All we can hope for is the next clown doesn't quite like the DUP so much.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

There was stuff came out about him and your man Ledbedev yesterday too. You do wonder how much of a russian influence there is with him.

The rest are useless but this boy is arguably the worst in history.

tiempo

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2022, 10:27:54 AM
There was stuff came out about him and your man Ledbedev yesterday too. You do wonder how much of a russian influence there is with him.

Wouldn't know the lineage intimately but Churchill and Thatcher a lot worse in my view

Take a lot to surpass a genocidal racist and capitalist zealot

End of the day its a nation built on pillage, what else would you expect

Gael80

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 07, 2022, 09:41:30 AM

Sunak the bookies favourite atm.. Tory talking on BBC atm thinks that it'll be Labour/SNP government next election

The Tories will want the Labour/SNP coalition idea in public asap as they'll use that outcome as part of their campaign. The SNP will rightly campaign on one policy next election which will be independence so entering any coalition at WM would be unlikely.

tiempo

Quote from: Gael80 on July 07, 2022, 10:45:44 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on July 07, 2022, 09:41:30 AM

The Tories will want the Labour/SNP coalition idea in public asap as they'll use that outcome as part of their campaign. The SNP will rightly campaign on one policy next election which will be independence so entering any coalition at WM would be unlikely.

100%

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2022, 10:27:54 AM

He blurted that out himself and TBH I thought at that stage he really didn't give a fĂșck and was enjoying the pantomime even if he was making a dick out of himself.

imtommygunn

Not one f**k could he give. He's not gone yet either.

armaghniac

Quote from: tiempo on July 07, 2022, 10:36:18 AM
Wouldn't know the lineage intimately but Churchill and Thatcher a lot worse in my view

Take a lot to surpass a genocidal racist and capitalist zealot

End of the day its a nation built on pillage, what else would you expect

Plenty of England's leaders were willing to pillage other places, but only this lot would happily pillage their own country.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B