Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Johnny Rotten would have been a interesting rep, never knew both of his parents was from Ireland. Written song called Hawaii was about his wifes diagnosis with Alzeimher’s
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 04, 2023, 01:54:08 AM
Johnny Rotten would have been a interesting rep, never knew both of his parents was from Ireland. Written song called Hawaii was about his wifes diagnosis with Alzeimher's

If you want Trumpist Brexiteer as your rep, then perhaps interesting is one word.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Quote from: armaghniac on February 04, 2023, 02:07:54 AM
Johnny Rotten would have been a interesting rep, never knew both of his parents was from Ireland. Written song called Hawaii was about his wifes diagnosis with Alzeimher's

If you want Trumpist Brexiteer as your rep, then perhaps interesting is one word.
Should be about the song quality than politics and I presume the former meant it was rubbish.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

His surname isn't actually Rotten. It's Lydon. His family were from Tuam.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on February 04, 2023, 08:48:32 AM

His surname isn't actually Rotten. It's Lydon. His family were from Tuam.

He's known for his stage name. Next you will be telling me Lady Gaga, Snoop Dogg isn't their surnames.

Captain Obvious

Irish song on now hoping to reach the final.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 09, 2023, 08:36:05 PM
Irish song on now hoping to reach the final.

As much as I'd like to say it is a good song.....it really isn't. Anybody see Croatia  :o

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Failure again for Ireland as expected.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2023, 09:19:25 PM
Sweden was decent

I think the singer for Sweden won it before.  Another semi final exit for the Irish, 5th year in a row?

Main Street

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 09, 2023, 10:13:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 09, 2023, 09:19:25 PM
Sweden was decent

I think the singer for Sweden won it before.  Another semi final exit for the Irish, 5th year in a row?
She certainly did the heavy lifting this evening.

The rest of the songs were absolute shite, but it's not about the songs.

weareros

The Irish song sounded very similar to Will Young's Joy. Outfits looked terrible - lead singer was carrying a few too many pounds to be wearing a tight sparkly outfit. also read it was written by a Swedish songwriter who wrote another turkey for us a few years ago. Surely RTE can find a decent local songwriter. Maybe a song as Gaeilge next year.

AustinPowers

I didn't  want to be in the final   anyway

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 09, 2023, 10:10:10 PM
Failure again for Ireland as expected.

We are poor. Been a long time since we sent a decent song. Between us not sending a entry for a couple of years to us entering novices from a talent show with a song shoved at them to sending a puppet Turkey in a shopping trolley. We have lost the whole purpose of what the Eurovision is about.

BrotherMore6592

What is it about? As far as I can see it's turned into Pride on acid. LGBT fest with gothic / dark undertones in the performances. The weirder and more out there the better. Forget about the music or songs.

A pile of shite.