Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 389008 times)

Rois

• View Profile
Re: Holidays
« Reply #2670 on: May 24, 2022, 11:19:37 PM »
Had two wks of 25-30 degree sunshine last August, and five straight days of rain for our wedding back in July 2014.

On the passport Laoislad, the girl on the passport webchat told me that a child could travel with a birth cert to the UK, but wasn’t specific about the airline.
Got our baby’s passport on Saturday after a real stroke of luck. Ridiculous service for first time passports at the minute. Unrealistic delivery dates communicated to people, which just gets their backs up.

galwayman

• View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: Today at 08:52:27 AM »
Would Annecy have more reliable weather in August generally speaking?
Would love to spend a week there it looks great.

laoislad

• 0-5
    • View Profile
    • https://youtu.be/meuYMrjJ-oc
« Reply #2672 on: Today at 09:22:47 AM »
Flying to London in a few weeks. Still waiting on the 4 year olds passport to come through. Worried it won’t come in time. Does anyone know can you bring a child to England without a Passport? Will a birth cert suffice? We are flying British Airways if that makes a difference? I know Ryanair insist on Passports. We all have them bar the 4 year old.

If you are coming from Dublin I can’t see how they wouldn’t insist on a passport. Hopefully you can get it through in time.

But sure what do I know… Looks like a birth certificate should hopefully do the job!

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/passports-visas-and-api
Well his passport tracker changed to Printing this morning! So should be all good.
Maybe someone in the Passport Office reads gaaboard  ;D

GAABoardMod5

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: Today at 09:25:54 AM »
Flying to London in a few weeks. Still waiting on the 4 year olds passport to come through. Worried it won’t come in time. Does anyone know can you bring a child to England without a Passport? Will a birth cert suffice? We are flying British Airways if that makes a difference? I know Ryanair insist on Passports. We all have them bar the 4 year old.

If you are coming from Dublin I can’t see how they wouldn’t insist on a passport. Hopefully you can get it through in time.

But sure what do I know… Looks like a birth certificate should hopefully do the job!

Well his passport tracker changed to Printing this morning! So should be all good.

It’s an outside possibility, but could the poster known as Our Nail Loney have been offered a job there?  He certainly knew the running of the place after his investigations back in the day.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: Today at 09:48:04 AM »

Anytime I have contacted them they have been very good and they do communicate with you. I am not saying it speeds things up but they don't ignore you. There is a huge backlog unfortunately. Hope you get sorted.

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: Today at 01:48:34 PM »
Seafoid would know better but the times I’ve been there (only stayed once for one night) the summer weather has been glorious. It is my favourite town out of all the places I’ve ever been.

galwayman

• View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: Today at 02:04:27 PM »
Seafoid would know better but the times I’ve been there (only stayed once for one night) the summer weather has been glorious. It is my favourite town out of all the places I’ve ever been.
It does look lovely. Bit of a trek from the Vendee unfortunately. May look into a fly drive instead of doing the ferry.
Supposed to be doing a Vendee campsite for the first week all going to plan (next summer not this).
Not sure my 2 would manage the amount of driving needed between the 2.
Flight from Nantes to Geneva a better option.

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: Today at 03:33:52 PM »
There’s a few campsites around Lac d’Annecy, although not within walking distance of the town. My colleague stayed at one and said his kids had a ball. A holiday to Annecy is def on my list in a few years. We’ll try to do a day trip this year when in Chamonix.

Is the Vendee campsite at the coast?

galwayman

• View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: Today at 03:55:16 PM »
There’s a few campsites around Lac d’Annecy, although not within walking distance of the town. My colleague stayed at one and said his kids had a ball. A holiday to Annecy is def on my list in a few years. We’ll try to do a day trip this year when in Chamonix.

Is the Vendee campsite at the coast?
It's slightly inland - probably 15 min drive from the coast. An hour-ish from Nantes airport I believe. Le Pin Parasol it's called (albeit we have nothing booked yet).
First time camping - all going to plan - so we want to ease into it by choosing somewhere with decent chalet type accommodation, which this seems to have.
Chamonix looks lovely too. Just think maybe Annecy might suit us more. Would definitely visit though if we stayed in Annecy.
Our girls will be 4 and 6 so need to try and keep them entertained that second week somehow after all of the facilities of the campsite the previous week!