Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

It's an achievement in itself to make people actually miss Cameron/May/Boris being in charge.

seafoid

Quote from: pbat on September 29, 2022, 09:48:55 PM
If the polling numbers stay strong will Murdoch switch teams on who he backs? Self interest with a potential Labour government for a decade he could soon turn on Truss.

He threw Trump under the bus at the last.
I think it depends on what Tory backbenchers do.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tbrick18

Why don't Labour call a vote of no-confidence in the Tory government?
Surely, if it passed that would trigger an early election and possibly rid us of the scourge.

bennydorano

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 30, 2022, 05:08:36 PM
Surely, if it passed that would trigger an early election and possibly rid us of the scourge.
Why would the Tories vote themselves out of office and go into a General Election where they would be annihilated? They still have a 70+ seat majority, they could likely still pass any oul shite through the Commons no matter what cretin is in charge.

seafoid

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 30, 2022, 05:08:36 PM
A Tory Vote of no confidence would be the most likely to succeed.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

I'd say the Tory's are looking around for an electable leader as they know it isn't Truss.

anyone for another go with Boris?

imtommygunn

Honestly think Johnson lined this up. He championed her knowing how bad she'd be and everybody would be thinking bring back Boris. I really don't think we have seen the last of him.

Labour vote of no confidence becomes Labour against Tories. Tories too many seats and they know they'd lose an election.

johnnycool

Another thing of note over the weekend Brexit related was the fact the Top ERG member and Brexit "hard man" Steve Baker apologising to the EU and Ireland for past behaviour;

"The Minister of State in the Northern Ireland Office (NIO) was speaking at the Conservative party conference.

He reflected that he and others did not "always behave in a way which encouraged Ireland and the European Union to trust us to accept that they have legitimate interests".

"I am sorry about that," he said.

Mr Baker, a well-known Eurosceptic, said "relations with Ireland are not where they should be and we all need to work extremely hard to improve them".

He added: "Actually the demise of our late majesty gave us an opportunity to meet leading Irish figures, and I said to some of them that I am sorry that we did not always respect your legitimate interests.

"I hope they won't mind me saying I could feel the ice thawing a bit."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-63111685

imtommygunn

Coveney has says things have changed a bit. I still wouldn't trust these pricks so I'm sure there is some ulterior motive.

I do think the DUP are going to get shafted on the protocol though. It's inevitable I would think. Again.

trailer

Do I detect a softening in the Brits approach? Seamie and his mates won't be happy.

imtommygunn

One of two things...

Either they are being deceitful or
they couldn't really negotiate properly with BoJo in charge.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: trailer on October 03, 2022, 09:15:46 AM
Do I detect a softening in the Brits approach? Seamie and his mates won't be happy.

Would you believe it but the wee lad isn't happy? Who'd have thought it, eh? Already calling Baker a Lundy...lol.

Rossfan

Hard for 17th Century mindsets to understand the real world of the 21st Century!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM